The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

That's okay. I'm a little sensitive I guess to people (especially in my state of Wisconsin) thinking that teachers aren't really working and have an easy job. I know we aren't supposed to talk politics on here, but teachers in my state have been beaten up the last few years by the legislators and governor. No harm done by you though.
I love teachers, they work well beyond the normal work day, grading papers, reading essay's etc. Our teachers took money out of their own pockets to make sure kids had the supplies they needed. The teacher's I've come in contact with are very giving. I volunteered when daughter was in school, now she volunteer's at school. Teacher's should be paid a lot more than they get! Just MHO!

betty rose

Oh wow, I haven't had cream of wheat in a long time. That sounds really good. I liked when my mom would make it for breakfast (lumpy), and she would make a depression in the middle and put a pat of butter and a sprinkling of sugar over it then surround it with half & half. It looked like an volcanic island with the butter being the lava. :hungry:
I love cream of rice, with a little brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pat of butter, especially in winter!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's okay. I'm a little sensitive I guess to people (especially in my state of Wisconsin) thinking that teachers aren't really working and have an easy job. I know we aren't supposed to talk politics on here, but teachers in my state have been beaten up the last few years by the legislators and governor. No harm done by you though.

Yes they have taken some mighty hits in Wisconsin. The mayor of Chicago did some pretty daring things over the last two years with his teachers, the teachers took him to court and the teachers won. Now the Governor is starting on pensions. Ugh. I can't wrap my brain around the hows or whys when as a district we fully funded our TRS obligations where the heck did it go???

StarWarsGirl

Thank you. Let us know how it goes.
Definitely. It's actually good that I can experiment on my tablet. I backed everything up, but there wasn't much to backup. Only has 110 GBs of usable space (a lot for a tablet, not much for a laptop) and I haven't used all of it (most of it is movies) and I know my laptop will still work should the initial release be a bit buggy. Laptop hasn't downloaded the files yet, so it might be a while before the laptop gets the update. And I can experiment before everyone else's computers download the update.

Speaking of which, didn't tell my dad that I signed up his computer for Windows 10. I told Mom, explained everything to her, and let her explain it. She got the gist of it, that it's free and all. Evidently, he took some time to get the concept that it was free. He thought it would be free for a year, and after a year that he would have to pay $119 (not with my student discount anyway, but I digress). And he's still probably going to say he doesn't want it. My argument for it might be that he doesn't have to use Chrome; he can use Edge if he wants (I'm not telling him that until I try it first, though, and they make sure Edge doesn't have IE's bugs). My brother's laptop will get it, though. I'm sick of the complaining about the start menu missing every time one of my parents' uses it...it's not a touch screen and ergo not intuitive for Windows 8.

betty rose

So good! I think I still have at least a dozen left, too.
cat-food-feature.jpg
Okay, that's on my list for "treats" in October.

betty rose

Freezing butter is such a great tip! Thanks.

I'm not a fan of the taste of canola oil but there are lots of food products that are used for both food and cleaning so that doesn't always scare me, lots of food products are used in natural cleansers, I use an orange spray to keep fleas off young pups. Lemons take lots of stains out of clothing and lemon oil wipes off mineral deposits off of shower doors and bathroom tile without any effort. Lemons also clean and shine brass (where ketchup will shine copper, vodka cleans chrome) and boiled in a coffee mug with water will melt down crud in microwave so you can just rinse the dried on good off. Salt sprinkled and scrubbed with a half lemon and sit over night will take stains out of butcherblock and the same mix will lift crud off cast iron frying pan that is stuck on. We use vinegar and water to wash windows, it doesn't damage the UV properties of newer windows and also kills weeds, just takes a day or two over chemicals, me being a germaphobic it also is a disinfectant killing bacteria. An onion will also effortlessly remove the grim that builds up on windows over the winter months. Hard water rust streaks can be removed with a peeled potato and banana peel makes your silverware shine again. Walnuts will hide scratches on wood floors and furniture. Powdered lemon or orange mix cleans a ceramic dishwasher was well as a chemical cleaner. Get grease on your clothes many time letting corn meal sit on it for an hour soaks out the grease. Cucumber (skin part) will remove marks from painted walls and back to where we started olive oil is good at getting sap off of stuff.
Thanks for the info. Sister had me thinking I was going to be in the hospital if I used canola oil. I love all your cleaning tips. I'm going to write them down, for future use. I hate using chemicals! xoxo

Arthur Wellesley

And I have a dream of relocating to Florida someday? Just saw the youtube on our local news.

Man is warned by official that his BBQ smoke can't leave his property. If you can smell the BBQ from the street he is in violation. :jawdrop:

Oh Florida! I thought Illinois was crazy. :facepalm: :banghead:
I gotta chime in on this. Yeah, it's pretty insane down there. Just a couple weeks ago, I was talking to two guests at my work who are trying to relocate out of Fla. They were telling me how in some counties, there is some sort of "no fault" or "equal fault" law as far as automobile accidents go. What I gathered in a nutshell: Pretty much if your car is parked somewhere, and some lunatic hits your parked car...you both are at equal fault according to how much is paid or not from your car insurance companies.

They told me that was only one of the many reasons they want out of the state.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom