Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

dstrawn9889

too late!
trainwreck-o.gif

Admiral01

Premium Member
And Universal did away with their original theme as well, and to add insult to injury stuck a big obviously fake house in the middle of the entrance and gave us a half-a**ed story and queue. I will be the first to admit that this isn't the greatest idea but when all Universal gets is praise when, in reality, they did something pretty similar recently, I have to question the legitimacy of people's complaints...

I've never praised Universal. I could never forgive them for the death of Back to the Future: The Ride.

RSoxNo1

And Universal did away with their original theme as well, and to add insult to injury stuck a big obviously fake house in the middle of the entrance and gave us a half-a**ed story and queue. I will be the first to admit that this isn't the greatest idea but when all Universal gets is praise when, in reality, they did something pretty similar recently, I have to question the legitimacy of people's complaints...
Universal does a lot of stuff at 85%... Things like Minion Mayhem and Transformers are among those. Diagon Alley is not.

KikoKea

Perhaps they will not turn the rest of the Norway property into Arendale, but will leave the Norway merchandise, etc and put the Frozen stuff in a gift shop in the m&g building. I always look at their beautiful sweaters, even though they are $$ and way too impractical since I live in Hawaii.

But, I don't see how the old Norway film will fit in- have they said what will be in the theater area, at the end of the ride?

KikoKea

It's being reversed so entrance is the exit, the exit is the entrance, and the theater is the preshow.
Thanks.
Interesting. At least that makes room for the line, hopefully interactive to amuse the kids or there's a video going as people shuffle along.

Magenta Panther

No reversing of the ride direction. Load and Unload will just take place where Unload was previously.

Thanks for the info. I do remember someone here mentioning the idea to me that the tunnel will maybe have snow swirling through it, or something. Still makes no sense to have a tunnel in a Frozen ride, but heck, TDO doesn't care, so why should we, right? :rolleyes:

WDWYankee15

Children like adults are more fickle than ever before, what's popular one minute is forgotten the next.

Loom bands anyone?
Remember when the rumor was Phineas and Ferb were going to be the theme of a ride where Imagination was. Some were all for it. Now the show is over the popularity of Phineas and Ferb has passed. I believe Frozen will not ever be "forgotten" but I hope that it is viewed as a "Disney Classic" many years from now to justify this ride.

Bairstow

Remember when the rumor was Phineas and Ferb were going to be the theme of a ride where Imagination was. Some were all for it. Now the show is over the popularity of Phineas and Ferb has passed. I believe Frozen will not ever be "forgotten" but I hope that it is viewed as a "Disney Classic" many years from now to justify this ride.

And yet...

phineas.png

Bairstow

Makes you wonder why Disney didn't go ahead with the Phineas and Ferb Imagination thing.

At least they still have the cellphone adventure thing.
They still seem to move a ton of Perry the Platypus merchandise and you see people wearing the T-shirts everywhere in the parks.

Bairstow

I last went to Disney in 2012, and I saw A LOT of Perry merchandise.

We have a game we play in our group to try and spot it all. It's like punch-buggy.
The rules became more and more complex, but the basic objective is to call out, "Oh there you are, Perry" before anyone else can.
Back in 2012 the total scores were well over 100 for a 5-day trip. Last week we still hit about 40 over 4 days.

WDWYankee15

And yet...

phineas.png
I'm not saying there isn't still interest in the show, characters, etc. what I'm saying is exactly what your graphic shows. Immense popularity late 2011 into 2012. 3 years later the popularity dropped dramatically. Give it five more years and the aging of current children and check your graph again. All this boils down to not warranting a ride. The IP needs to have achieved classic status or project to have the staying power to become a classic. Even mega shortterm success does not indicate it will become classic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom