Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace?

belledream

Chef Mickeys is a nice break from the parks and the atmosphere is pretty cool. It's fun to see/hear the monorail whoosh by while you eat. The food was meh though. Crystal Palace food isn't THAT different though that I would base the decision on food. Whether you want a new experience with a different atmosphere and characters outside of MK or if you'd rather stick to what you know and enjoy. :)

zurgandfriend

WE like Crystal Palace for the in the park experience and the food is a little better than Chef Mickey's. However if the character experience is the main reason for dining at one of these restaurants ask yourself, do I want Mickey and Co. or Winnie the Pooh and friends?

Last edited:

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I love Chef Mickey and the last time we ate at the Crystal Palace it was not an enjoyable meal. We had reservations at the Crystal Palace yet we waited in access of 30 minutes, People who had later reservations were seated before us and this situation wasn't just particular to me and my family. Others were complaining about it as well. When we finally were seated, we missed most of the characters even though the CM was promising they'd be around to see us. We finally gave up waiting (after eating) and left. Wasn't the most efficient process by a long shot.

Disney4family

Both are must-do breakfasts for us for the past 14 years. Over all those years, we can honestly say that (for us) The Crystal Palace has had better prepared food than Chef Mickey's. Only one year were we surprised that Chef Mickey's was better.

Both experiences are unique.

Chef Mickey's is so exciting. The Fab 5 - the monorail shooting overhead - the huge, pretty glass wall of the south side of The Contemporary - twirling your napkin around while you celebrate with Mickey Mouse - the views of Bay Lake or The 7 Seas Lagoon (depending on where you sit) - it's such a fun start to your day before you head into the parks.

The Crystal Palace is so beautiful. It has to be the prettiest building on campus and it's right in the hub of the most magical place on earth. It's bright, white and cheerful and has the cuddliest, warmest characters around. No trip is complete for us without a hug from Pooh and friends! It also has Pooh's stuffed french toast - the yummiest start to any day.

If you've experienced one, try the other and then you can decide for yourself which one you prefer. Or better test - do both! That's what we'll be doing 18 days from now! :happy:

Cvones

Original Poster
I love Chef Mickey and the last time we ate at the Crystal Palace it was not an enjoyable meal. We had reservations at the Crystal Palace yet we waited in access of 30 minutes, People who had later reservations were seated before us and this situation wasn't just particular to me and my family. Others were complaining about it as well. When we finally were seated, we missed most of the characters even though the CM was promising they'd be around to see us. We finally gave up waiting (after eating) and left. Wasn't the most efficient process by a long shot.
We had a long wait too at Crystal Palace but it was our first experience with character dining so I just assumed this was how it goes

MaryJaneP

We have stayed at CR and done Chef Mickey's for breakfast and also dinner. Nonetheless, we prefer Crystal Palace for breakfast, especially if we can get an early reservation that is before normal park opening. We think food at CP is slightly better.

HouCuseChickie

We really enjoy breakfast at Crystal Palace...especially a pre-park opening meal. The breakfast lasagna is DEEELISH! I'm not as into Pooh and friends, but Pooh is my younger one's fave. The service has been great at every single meal we've ever had there, but the food at lunch and dinner was not to our liking.

We like Chef Mickey's for breakfast, but thought the dinner food was vile. The service has been hit or miss there, but the character interaction has always been very good. I also love that breakfast ADRs start as early as 7am, which usually means you can make park opening at pretty much any of the parks.

Kate Alan

I love eating at Crystal Palace both because I'm a big Pooh Bear fan and because of the pre-park opening ADR's you can get.

I love eating at Chef Mickey's since it's a great way to knock out the Fab 5 photos without waiting on line in the parks to do so. When I travel with people who have never been/haven't been in awhile, I tend to take them to Chef Mickey's for that very reason.

I always do breakfast for both. In regards to Crystal Palace, it's mainly to get that pre-park opening reservation and to see Main Street about as empty as it gets these days, not anything to do with food quality. In regards to Chef Mickey's, we have done dinner and found it to be one of the more disappointing dining experiences in terms of food quality. Plus as @HouCuseChickie says, you can eat there early for breakfast and still make park opening at almost any park if you desire.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I prefer Chef Mickey's. I've only been to Crystal Palace once and it was quite a long time ago, but I remember I didn't really like the food (I was pretty young though, so it may have just been me being picky). I love being in the Contemporary and it's such a short monorail ride away from Magic Kingdom anyway that it doesn't take too much time out of your day to go there. I also prefer meeting Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Minnie at Chef Mickey's to meeting Winnie the Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace. But, that's just me. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom