NFL 2015 Offseason Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Cam Newton and the Panthers agree to a 5-year deal worth $103 million, with $67.6 million coming in the first three years.

PUSH

Original Poster
This is what those banners kind of say to me... celebrating division championships in probably the second weakest division in the league?

11392786_856682437740049_6134825464371353952_n.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
I'd be willing to bet that quite a few supposed Blackhawks fans wouldn't see the error.
There are a lot of bandwagon Blackhawk fans around here, being this close to Chicago. Not a hockey fan until they win the Stanley Cup, then all of a sudden are life-long fans.

NYwdwfan

There are a lot of bandwagon Blackhawk fans around here, being this close to Chicago. Not a hockey fan until they win the Stanley Cup, then all of a sudden are life-long fans.

After the Giants beat the Patriots (the first time) cars all over Long Island started sporting Giants bumper stickers and window decals. I remember a co-worker, who viewed herself as the world's biggest Giants fan, was talking to a HUGE Pats fan (season tickets to Foxboro despite living on Long Island) and referred to the Giants' kicker as Mike Tice (the Vikings coach at the time) instead of Lawrence Tynes and he laid into her - I thought she was actually going to cry. Fully justified IMO.

Zweiland

Looks like Jason Pierre-Paul had his finger amputated as a result of that fireworks accident.

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

TB Bucs CB CJ Wilson was also involved in a fireworks accident - apparently lost 2 fingers and his career is in jeopardy.

NYwdwfan

It's worth noting that ESPN probably obtained his medical records illegally. I've lost a lot of respect for them.

That's not cool.

NFL mobile is reporting that Giants personnel couldn't see him because he was undergoing procedures - skin grafts, pins, etc. and that the decision to amputate the finger was to accelerate the healing (like Ronnie Lott).

PUSH

Original Poster
I wonder how effective he'll be without a finger, and one of his main fingers at that. Hands are important for his position, so it will be interesting to see how he ends up.

NYwdwfan

I wonder how effective he'll be without a finger, and one of his main fingers at that. Hands are important for his position, so it will be interesting to see how he ends up.

Yeah - Lott was the tip of his pinky - this appears to be his entire right index finger and he also fractured his right thumb.

Nemo14

Doesn't it seem like if you're making big bucks to do something that requires the use of your hands that you'd be careful about doing dumb things like this?

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

Doesn't i seem like if you're making big bucks to do something that requires the use of your hands that you'd be careful about doing dumb things like this?

First thing I thought of was Bobby Ojeda - former pitcher for the Mets (and Red Sox!) and current analyst on the Mets network - who sliced up his hand trimming his own hedges. And we're not talking early in his career - before he had money to hire a landscaper - this was AFTER winning a World Series and the off-season after the Mets went to the NLDS. Although, at least he was trying to do something useful.

If your livelihood is based on using a part of your body, protect that part of your body. Period. Maybe these guys need to take a page out of George Costanza's playbook.

5x2_George_protecting_his_hands.png

PUSH

Original Poster
Ken "The Snake" Stabler has passed away at 69. He was the Raiders QB for many years, a one time Super Bowl champ and a 4 time Pro Bowler.

jw24

Doesn't it seem like if you're making big bucks to do something that requires the use of your hands that you'd be careful about doing dumb things like this?

Reminds me of Amare Stoudemire of the Knicks breaking his hand after punching through the glass of a fire extinguisher after a playoff loss to Miami a few years back.

Still, I'm pretty outraged by the whole thing. First JPP could've seriously hurt Prince Amukamara when he dumped him head first into a tub of ice water a few years, then I question him for not taking the Derrick Rose approach when coming off of back surgery and not sitting out until he was 100% two seasons ago and now this! I'm not sure he's the "star" player everyone makes him out to be. He had one good season with 16.5 sacks but he's dropped off ever since. Even his 12.5 sacks last year were "inflated" by weak, non-playoff contending teams. I'd get rid of him without hesitation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom