Best Hotel for One Night "Pre-Stay"

Tom P.

Original Poster
Hi folks,

My family and I are going to Disney World this fall. We are going to be staying on property at Art of Animation Resort.

As I've mentioned in other threads, we're a large family. My wife and I along with five kids -- ages 8, 6, 5, 3 and 1 at the time of the trip. We're still all able to fit into one family suite at AoA, because the official capacity is 6 people and they don't count the youngest at his age.

We're driving in, and we've decided to do the majority of the driving the day before our reservations start, and arrive the night before, so that we can have the full day check-in day as a Disney day as well. However, there is no availability at AoA to add on a day to the front end of our stay. They're booked solid.

I'm looking for the best recommendations on where to spend a single night before our AoA stay. Obviously, it has to be a place that will support our sized family, so a suite of some sort seems inevitable. We're basically looking at it as a place to sleep that night, so we're not too concerned with all the amenities and activities. At most, we might use the pool. Not blowing a ridiculous amount of money on a single night's stay would be nice too.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

Jaly05

The comfort inn main gate has family rooms with bunk beds and they're really reasonable though probably just the basics. The reviews are decent enough in several sites that I would probably consider it for just the one night. I actually think I did book it for our one night before our trip since we were arriving around 8pm. But found ap discount at as sports that was only $20 more so I cancelled it. Buena vista suites or Caribe Royale have always been reasonable for their regular suites and nice though not sure if the rooms that would fit all of you would still be reasonable. Good luck!

arko

Holiday Inn Resort in Lake Buena Vista has suites with one king and 2 bunk beds(sleep 4) in the 100-125 range depending on when you are going

Mouse_Trap

Have stayed many times at what is now the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando.

It's hardly fancy, but has always been clean, decent and pretty cheap.
A standard room has 2 double beds, not sure about other room types.

The major advantage is that you are within easy walking distance of lots of restaurants and shops - very rare in Orlando, so you don't need a car to get to a nice restaurant.

I would never pay Disney prices for their motels vs. an off-site motel. Quality can easily be comparable and off-site gives you so many more advantages. Travel time isn't a factor as it's quicker to travel to the parks by car from almost anywhere then wait on a Disney bus.

SAV

Check out the Residence Inn at SeaWorld. It's right off of I-4 and has decent rates. It's cheaper than the other RI's in the area. You also get a full hot breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom