TAFI Town Hall

spacemt354

Chili's
@spacemt354 Also, I want to be clear about my last two posts, as context can be sometimes lost in text. I am not posting to contradict your points, I'm posting to support and expand upon them. I think they are all great ideas.
Dont worry. I understood it. As i said before a few days away does wonders.

Anyway I agree with what you said. I loved the newsletters but they stopped in April I think? If you all need any help writing them I'd be more than happy to volunteer. I thought they were great ways to highlight everything and bring the current creativity of the forum centerstage.

Those, brainstorming threads, and cross-connections between comps are all positive things I believe for the community to grow and expand with new members.

Matt7187

I've said this before, but I agree with many of the ideas others like Zweiland, englanddg, and others have proposed.

- I would suggest we turn the Conversationalists into a group that does the schedule, runs the website and social media, and a March Madness like contest rather than Elite Eight.

- We should have six month elections, this way to group of people stays fluid and hopefully everyone would have the opportunity to serve on that board.

- Like others I believe the contests that make it into the schedule be voted on publicly in the Town Hall. The Conversationalists would then take the results of those votes and put it into the schedule. Which could then be publicly voted on again.

- The Elite Eight should be replaced with a March Madness styled contest. This contest could allow for 16 players or more and be a more accurate and open judging of the best of the best.

- The current point system should be replaced with either no point system (and March Madness be a come as you wish contest), or with a much more simplified point system.

- Do away with the position of 'Guide' or any position that puts one person in charge. The people here should be on equal footing with one another.

- Continue doing TAFI awards, and rename the ICS, TAFI Competitions.

- If possible, resume SA with slight changes that could later be discussed.

- Make the Town Hall the main and primary discussion and debate thread. No secret PMs or back door dealings. As much as possible debates and discussion should be held in this thread in view of the public. An exception could be the Conversationalists schedule PM.

- Finally I propose an election to take place in the coming weeks to determine a new Conversationalists group, for the remainder of 2015. Another election would be held in January.
Pretty much this for me too, except I think there should be a points system, and I have an idea for one:

-Each round you advance: 1 Point
-Win the Comp: 2 Bonus Points
-Host: 1/2 of Contestant # in Points
-Judge: 1/4 of Contestants in Points

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Dont worry. I understood it. As i said before a few days away does wonders.

Anyway I agree with what you said. I loved the newsletters but they stopped in April I think? If you all need any help writing them I'd be more than happy to volunteer. I thought they were great ways to highlight everything and bring the current creativity of the forum centerstage.

Those, brainstorming threads, and cross-connections between comps are all positive things I believe for the community to grow and expand with new members.
Originally the newsletters were to be biweekly, with every person in the convos taking responsibility for a post or two a year on a rotating schedule. But, people kept dropping the ball, and frankly it was hard (after the thread grew to a certain length) to keep track of who had what week, so deadlines were missed.

So, back in mid June this was brought up by someone and we decided as a group to reorganize and reassign responsibility for it, and simplify it down to a monthly thing. Myself, @IDInstitute and @RMichael21 volunteered to take it over and actually had about 1/3 of the July newsletter done, but then SA started up and we all got distracted.

As far as cross-connections, that's rather easy to do but is up to the hosts, frankly. Especially if there is no body overseeing to make sure it happens (in other words, kindly suggest).

The one thing that the "ICS" label was supposed to provide was also an assurance for contestants. Meaning, while you haven't seen this (and I mean this with no offense, you haven't been around long enough), that the host wouldn't bail mid contest and the like (which was actually more common last year than people seem to remember...only two contests last year made it to term. SA and Elite Eight.

All the others melted down before completion. The same happened with several comps in 2013 as well. That's partially how we ended up with a "Convos" and "ICS" concept in the first place.

Hosts would need to prove that they:

1) Had a concept that is unique and interesting, and would attract contestants

2) Had thought through their challenges (no judgement and then waiting 4 days for a new challenge to post...you can do that, just not what the "top tier" comps are supposed to be about, they are for more dedicated and/or aggressive competitors with larger skill sets and experience levels doing these comps... Red actually ran into this issue with 30 days I believe (you'd have to ask her), and maybe that is what happened with Wedcar? You'd have to ask @Zweiland about that...but, point is, it HAS happened before. This year has been abnormal.

3) Had proven that they were here for the long term either through co-hosting another comp and/or participating in the forum regularly (that keeps the one and done hosts from showing up, and yes, they showed up. Classic example is Turtles one sentence contest. A great contest, but he only had about 2 weeks of steam in it before he bailed.

If these conditions were met, then the comp would be quickly discussed with the host to find a slot for it to go into so the host can plan for it and the community can likewise plan for it and get excited about it.

Then the comp submissions were to be brought public for the community at large to discuss and vote on. Empty slots would stay up for grabs at any point (partially why we added a second tier to the schedule...more and more people want to host).

In addition, if the host DID have to bail for whatever reason, and didn't arrange a co-host or new host to assume his/her duties, one of the Convos not competing would step in and complete the comp so the contestants weren't left out to dry.

The ICS term is a carryover from an idea JDM had, but it's more a nod to his original concept, not anything like the ICS he originally had planned. It's a label, pretty much.

Last edited:

Zweiland

That flexibility was always an option. The discussion at hand before the nuclear option was selected was over how to adequately allow for enough slots for people to plan around. 6, for example, doesn't work for many comps, as a 2 month timeslot is too small for the larger formats. Rather you need more like 8 to 16 weeks (part of why JDM actually has all these quick run challenges this SA because he's trying to escalate eliminations to keep within his agreed schedule so that Matt can start up his comp on time afterwards.

Welcome to 21 of the 60 some odd pages of discussion in the Convos threads (and why it wasn't done in the Town Hall).

The intention was always to come up with the schedule idea (or a small group of ideas) then bring it to the Town Hall for a larger community wide discussion. But, that way, all the obvious concerns could be addressed in that public thread as community members had their own input and questions. Of course, we never got that far.

People can create comps whenever they wish. No one was stopping them, or did stop them (note what happened when a comp started up the same time as SA...nothing was said, and nothing would be said.

The Convos (or whatever name you guys pick for them) was never a ruling body. It was an organizational one with elected members from the forum elected publically by the forum just for this purpose. And the group of 5 you suggest sounds no different than what we had before (except it's a smaller group).

Now, I for one had suggested at one point that we should have elections for those positions more often than annually, but the group as a whole decided against that in favor of keeping the new organization in line and giving it some stability, at least for this first year.

As far as the role of the "Speaker" or whatever, that was also an elected position (by the elected people) similar, in concept, to Senate Pro Tem. Basically an secretarial / administrative position that was there to act as a tie breaker in the case of a hung vote, and keep the topics on task and moving forward so the group doesn't get distracted. That was it. There was no "ruling body" or "ruling power" associated with it.
I agree. I liked what we had before, but I would like to see the role of the conversationalists reduced (I know we said it was reduced before the drama, but we didn't folow through on that). I think that ICS sponsorship and scheduling is important so people can plan accordingly, but anyone can create their own comp whenever they want. And that's what we've been saying all along.

I'd like to see a lower number of convos as well as biannual elections, and maybe modifications to the Elite Eight so the point system is just used for seeding, but anyone can join. Also, the community should vote on pretty much everything (we can have poll threads and use this thread as a hub to link to them). Otherwise, what was in place before worked just fine.

JokersWild

I'd like to see a lower number of convos as well as biannual elections, and maybe modifications to the Elite Eight so the point system is just used for seeding, but anyone can join.
That's actually a really intriguing idea. I know that we were talking about having a good number of players go into the comp based on their point value, then have the rest be voted by the community, but how exactly were you thinking of working it so everyone could join in?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I agree. I liked what we had before, but I would like to see the role of the conversationalists reduced (I know we said it was reduced before the drama, but we didn't folow through on that). I think that ICS sponsorship and scheduling is important so people can plan accordingly, but anyone can create their own comp whenever they want. And that's what we've been saying all along.

I'd like to see a lower number of convos as well as biannual elections, and maybe modifications to the Elite Eight so the point system is just used for seeding, but anyone can join. Also, the community should vote on pretty much everything (we can have poll threads and use this thread as a hub to link to them). Otherwise, what was in place before worked just fine.
I don't see how it can get much smaller than what it was, in terms of role, frankly. A Convos thread that has posts every 2 - 3 weeks in it isn't exactly a ruling cabal of people devilishly plotting for their own aggrandizement in my book.

The only topics that had rather long and lengthy discussions were how to handle the points systems (which we intended to then bring to the Town Hall for public discussion, input and debate from the rest of the community, but that never happened, because we never reached a complete consensus in our tiny little thread, rather we chatted on and off about it for page after page after page. And the schedule. We actually DID reach a consensus about a potential idea for that, and it's posted a few pages back in the Town Hall for general public discussion, input and debate. Perhaps we should have put in very large and bold letters at the top (PLEASE GIVE US YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS), though, I'm not going to go dig up the post, but RM wrote it, and I believe he did put that in there. The idea was to come with an idea, not just have 30 pages of endless chatter about it in the town hall. Instead, we'll have 30 pages of endless chatter as Convos, come up with an idea or two, bring that out to the general threads and let everyone else have their two cents before deciding as a community. That was ALWAYS the goal, as I recalled it. Or at least how I viewed it.

Also, part of the reason for the group being so large was to get a nice cross section / representation of different key voices from the community. A group of 5 is far less likely to have as many varied ideas or input as a group of 10, and is far more likely to be a clique.

Anyhow, granted, as you and I both know, being in that thread, some people took it a bit further than others...but I know myself I always went for eventually taking things to the Town Hall thread for a general vote (that was the whole point in getting the Town Hall stickied in the first place, if you recall...announcements, to include announcements to voting threads), and on more than one occasion I know myself and others suggested that certain topics be brought out into the open because we just couldn't reach a conclusion on our own, so we needed to hear other voices.

DSquared

Here's some of my options,ideas,ect.:

Comp selection-
Each year, people wishing to run an ICS comp will PM a pitch to a single Conversationalist. It would be their job to take any requested spoilers out and post the pitches on a single thread. Each thread will start something like this:

'Welcome to the 20xx ICS competition planning thread! Posted below will be pitches for official ICS competitions. Please feel free to vote on them in the poll above. But please, IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY ICS COMPETITIONS THIS YEAR, PLEASE DO NOT VOTE.'

This would ensure competitors will get more say than other members of the community, which would take a step further away to another falling out in the near future.

Elections-
There will be 7 Conversationalists(odd # to prevent ties on internal votes). One of them will be a leader(call it a CL). Regular Conversationalist elections will take place every 6 months. CL elections will take place every 3 months to prevent people going mad with little power. If at any point a Conversationalist feels they should replace the current CL, they will PM the other Cs(C=Conversationalists), and the current CL that they are doing this. There would then be a public vote on a thread in a poll.

The CL-

The CL's main purpose is to maintain order within the Cs. They will always have the final say in any internal vote(technical stuff not necessary to the public) votes. As for the group in all, they're only responsibilities are the ICS, possibly the newsletter, and maintaining peace in the forum.

Points-

Yes, there will be points added up to have a final competition at the end of the year. To be honest I could care less what it is as long as the leaders in points are all in it. Players get 1 point per person they beat. Hosts get points equal to 1/2 the # of competitiors. As for cohosts/judges, they will get 1/4. Another thing about competitions, If a main host is unable to continue with their comp. due to personal problems, life, ect. The Conversationslists and competitors remaining in that comp shall elect a new one.

Sweet 16-

Again, could care less.

JokersWild

Comp selection-
Each year, people wishing to run an ICS comp will PM a pitch to a single Conversationalist. It would be their job to take any requested spoilers out and post the pitches on a single thread. Each thread will start something like this:

'Welcome to the 20xx ICS competition planning thread! Posted below will be pitches for official ICS competitions. Please feel free to vote on them in the poll above. But please, IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY ICS COMPETITIONS THIS YEAR, PLEASE DO NOT VOTE.'

This would ensure competitors will get more say than other members of the community, which would take a step further away to another falling out in the near future.

Elections-
There will be 7 Conversationalists(odd # to prevent ties on internal votes). One of them will be a leader(call it a CL). Regular Conversationalist elections will take place every 6 months. CL elections will take place every 3 months to prevent people going mad with little power. If at any point a Conversationalist feels they should replace the current CL, they will PM the other Cs(C=Conversationalists), and the current CL that they are doing this. There would then be a public vote on a thread in a poll.

The CL-

The CL's main purpose is to maintain order within the Cs. They will always have the final say in any internal vote(technical stuff not necessary to the public) votes. As for the group in all, they're only responsibilities are the ICS, possibly the newsletter, and maintaining peace in the forum.

Points-

Yes, there will be points added up to have a final competition at the end of the year. To be honest I could care less what it is as long as the leaders in points are all in it. Players get 1 point per person they beat. Hosts get points equal to 1/2 the # of competitiors. As for cohosts/judges, they will get 1/4. Another thing about competitions, If a main host is unable to continue with their comp. due to personal problems, life, ect. The Conversationslists and competitors remaining in that comp shall elect a new one.

Sweet 16-

Again, could care less.
That is a really good point. I don't necessarily need to figure this out now, but we should have a contingency plan on hosts dropping their comps. It's happened before (though not in a while) so it might be good to have a plan just in case. I like the system for it that DSquared posted. But again. We don't really need to figure that out quite yet.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm just going to plop this here for some of the newer members (and older ones that may have forgotten). If you are trying to build a better mousetrap, you probably should start by looking at what was wrong with the older model, but to do so, you really should be aware of what the older model was, and why.

Anyhow...as elections were mentioned.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/tafi-converationalist-nominations.894204/#post-6472418

Read the first post in particular.

Then there was another batch because right at the end of the year, we had a merger with the SYWTBAI group, and we brought them into the fold without a public election (they had their own as a community), as it was a 3 - 4 month long discussion at the end of the year last year to come back, and their group was "grandfathered" in, for lack of a better term, into the Convos to give them a voice at the table as they couldn't have participated in our Conversationalist elections because we'd already had them as a community.

In addition, we wanted a carryover from the previous group (which was JDM, LG and Zweiland, and that was done as a private vote, for a reason...they would have the minority voice on the conversationalists, but would also be aware of the history of it and be able to advise and coordinate with newer members who weren't privy to the 30 page long discussions about next years schedule prior to their election). The same concept, imho, should hold (with at least 1 member being an automatic holdover) to prevent mass hysteria if a whole group gets ousted and then a mass rehash of the same concepts over and over again which brings the entire thing to a standstill (look at what has happened here, for example).

In addition, the points and schedule for this year were set last year, by the last group of Convos. So, you really can't judge this group off what is playing out. This year was odd, with the forum merger and the forums at large being busier than they had ever been. We didn't exactly like the point structure this year (but it was the same one we used last year), but we had to run with something as TSI was starting up quickly, and we nudged the schedule as much as we could (JDM was NOT happy about that, for the record, as it ate mostly into his comp) to get everyone who wanted to host their headliner this year (as indicated last year) a chance to do so.

The reason schedule and point systems for next year have been brought up so early in the Convos thread this year is to keep it from being a rash discussion at the end and give everyone time in the Convos to collect ideas and come up with SOMETHING to present the community to start the larger discussion, which I would estimate would need at least a few weeks if not a month of public discussion before calling a public vote on it just so everyone can have their say.

It is an incredibly complex concept when you really start discussing it, trying to find a system that is fair to all (people who are left out of comps, new people who start late, older members and regulars who have planned their year around it). So, as a SYSTEM it isn't really that easy, which is why there are dozens of pages of back and forth in the Convos thread about it.

Anyhow, that's why so early. It wasn't something to wait until December to get figured out. We needed to have an idea to present for public discussion, realistically no later than the end of SA or the beginning of Matts comp, frankly, just to give the community at large time to digest the concepts and have their own say before making it final.

BTW, nothing says you can't start up your own PMs with your friends/other members to get their thoughts before it goes public, your role as a Convo IS to represent the community at large, and it's not like it's super secret devilish hand wringing or some secret cabal that discusses the secrets of the ancients that must not be shared...we were talking about schedules and point systems for goodness sake... I know I wouldn't have been upset if someone said "Hey, I ran our idea past this guy, and he had these thoughts. What do you guys think, I really like some of them!". But, it does help to have that discussion in private amongst a smaller group first, as I said, so you don't end up with 30 pages of thread happening in a public thread (which is incredibly daunting for newer members, frankly).

Rather a lot of the concerns and issues that are going to be common can be hashed out first, and merely tweaked later.

Also, I know I at least said this several times in the convos thread, and would have said it publicly as well (I guess I'm doing that now).

The schedule was never intended to be hard and fast, nor particularly static. It was merely to provide a framework to start plugging up with comps that people wanted to host. The idea for a second tier WOULD allow people with a new idea to apply mid year, as we really only have one second tier comp planned right now, @Sam4D23 and me doing Around the World in 30 Days.

The comp community is twice the size (maybe even a little larger?) than it was a year ago, and the current structure didn't plan for that, and we were trying to find a way to correct that without tearing down the plans for this year. Also, that's why partially why Elight Eight is Eight...frankly, there were only about a bit more than a dozen regulars at that time...so, 8 was 2/3 to 3/4 of us. The other reason why is that it is a 5 week comp. So, a tier of 8 breaking down makes 4 one week challenges with single eliminations amongst the bracket contenders, and a two week finale.

If it were to become a Sweet Sixteen, you would need more time, so just remember that peeps, and that we didn't have last year as Matt wanted to run his comp between SA and the end of the year. So, the compromise was that JDM would shorten his comp to allow Matt to start a bit earlier, and we'd keep Elite Eight, as stands, for December.

Also, that discussion for this year WAS had publically. If you care to read it (and realize some of the similarities to things you are proposing now), here it is.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-ics.885207/

Last edited:

JokersWild

I'm just going to plop this here for some of the newer members (and older ones that may have forgotten). If you are trying to build a better mousetrap, you probably should start by looking at what was wrong with the older model, but to do so, you really should be aware of what the older model was, and why.

Anyhow...as elections were mentioned.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/tafi-converationalist-nominations.894204/#post-6472418

Read the first post in particular.

Then there was another batch because right at the end of the year, we had a merger with the SYWTBAI group, and we brought them into the fold without a public election (they had their own as a community), as it was a 3 - 4 month long discussion at the end of the year last year to come back, and their group was "grandfathered" in, for lack of a better term, into the Convos to give them a voice at the table as they couldn't have participated in our Conversationalist elections because we'd already had them as a community.

In addition, we wanted a carryover from the previous group (which was JDM, LG and Zweiland, and that was done as a private vote, for a reason...they would have the minority voice on the conversationalists, but would also be aware of the history of it and be able to advise and coordinate with newer members who weren't privy to the 30 page long discussions about next years schedule prior to their election). The same concept, imho, should hold (with at least 1 member being an automatic holdover) to prevent mass hysteria if a whole group gets ousted and then a mass rehash of the same concepts over and over again which brings the entire thing to a standstill (look at what has happened here, for example).

In addition, the points and schedule for this year were set last year, by the last group of Convos. So, you really can't just this group off what is playing out. This year was odd, with the forum merger, we didn't like the point structure, but had to run with something, and we nudged the schedule as much as we could (JDM was NOT happy about that, for the record, as it ate mostly into his comp) to get everyone who wanted to host their headliner this year (as indicated last year) a chance to do so.

Also, that discussion for this year WAS had publically. If you care to read it (and realize some of the similarities to things you are proposing now), here it is.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-ics.885207/
We absolutely should have one holdover, assuming we stick with the five that we've been discussing. That's a system that we should probably keep up in subsequent years as well. I would assume that we would decide that among the current conversationalists?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We absolutely should have one holdover, assuming we stick with the five that we've been discussing. That's a system that we should probably keep up in subsequent years as well. I would assume that we would decide that among the current conversationalists?
That was the original plan, yes. It would be a vote among the current group as representatives of the larger community. We weren't going to have 10 convos (as I recall) originally, merely 5. Two things happened.

One, SYWTBAI came over and we wanted to create slots for you guys in the Convos so you all had a "voice". So, that's how we ended up with 3 legacy people voted on internally, 3 from your group, and 4 from the community at large, with one position (voted to be mainly the lead organizer / secretary to be frank) as a general non voting position unless there was a dispute. This was the role that LG filled. He had no power, but he did have authority to be a single voice for the convos at large in certain situations (but should represent our wishes in doing so, meaning, it's just easier to talk to one person than 10 if a dispute or issue arises), but the "power" was always with the votes in the Convos thread, and with the exception of settling disputes (like what could have happened at the end of the last comp due to the tally issue on the video stream making it a tie when it wasn't), otherwise everything else is eventually brought for a final binding public discussion and vote.

The second thing that happened was @IDInstitute or @RMichael21 (sorry guys, I can't remember which) got the thread limit increased from 5 to 10. Not for the Convos. He actually approached Steve about it well before for a different reason. But, as we had your group merging in, we thought, why not? Larger group, larger voice, more ideas, better representation of the community at large.

We (meaning the current group of convos, that you were a part of) hadn't quite decided (or even discussed) elections for next year outside of the fact they would happen mid to late Dec. But, I would have suggested that we have 3 carry overs, and 7 public nominations / voted seats. For the exact reasons listed. There's no reason to grandfather anyone into seats this year, because we don't have a large group migrating over.

Last edited:

Sam Magic

Wow...I missed too much.

Basically everything englanddg has said has been spot on. A lot of these discussions have been had before, both public and private. I suppose what's happening right now is a 'constitutional convention' for a lack of a better term. After reading through the past two pages I have condensed the main points that nearly everyone agrees on below, if I got something wrong PLEASE let me know:

Conversationalists
- The Conversationalists will shrink from ten members to five.
- One member from this years current batch of Conversationalists will hold over, the other four will be nominated and elected as before.
- The Conversationalists will continue to set the schedules, with public consultation, and will continue to run the newsletter and website. In addition the end of year contests and point system will be run and monitored by this group.
- Bi-monthly elections

- Still no final agreement on what the point system should be. Should we have a new one or should we keep the old one?

ICS Competitions and End of Year Contest
- The ICS Competition schedule will continue to be organized by the Conversationalists, with public having a say in which contests make the cut.
- The competition's will keep the Conversationalists insurance package (see post #408)
- The end of year competition could stay where it is or move to another calendar location. Agreed consensus that it must be adapted to fit a growing and expanding community.

TAFI
- How far will TAFI integration go? Will the contests become TAFI contests to adapt a TAFI brand or will TAFI remain a separate entity from the ICS and WDWMagic Imagineering forums?

Discussion Needed
- New elections after agreement made?
- Will Tier One and Tier Two contests still be separated?
- Judge and Host regulations/agreement?
- How involved will the Conversationalists be in making sure contests run smoothly?

Sam Magic

I personally like the name ICS much more than TAFI. But that's just me.
As do I...the term TAFI also makes me think of a larger organization. I like the idea of the ICS being simply a contest organization. Small, intimate, and involved. In this case, the award show could be renamed to the ICS - WDWMagic Awards or Dreamfinder Awards.

DinoInstitute

I'd like to see a lower number of convos as well as biannual elections, and maybe modifications to the Elite Eight so the point system is just used for seeding, but anyone can join.
I really like this idea for the final comp.
What if everyone who competed in a comp throughout the year was allowed to compete, no matter how you finished. Say there are 40-something people by the end of the year. Maybe 12-14 or so people either don't show up to compete/don't have time and therefore don't except the spot. So, maybe we are then left with 29 players. There can be a very brief first round (very brief indeed because of the judging involved), where everyone submits something and however many people there are it gets whittled down to 16. Then it plays out as a tournament would, and the points would determine the seeding.
Of course if we did something like that idea we'd probably need more than just one month to host it, which could hurt scheduling.

Anyways, other than that, I agree with a lot of what was said. I like fewer convos, and having te community vote whic comps to have would be a good way of doing it.

Matt7187

- Still no final agreement on what the point system should be. Should we have a new one or should we keep the old one?

Discussion Needed
- New elections after agreement made?
- Will Tier One and Tier Two contests still be separated?
- Judge and Host regulations/agreement?
- How involved will the Conversationalists be in making sure contests run smoothly?
Regarding those things:
-I already brought up a revised points system in this these and also in a PM, but I'll say it again:
•Every round you advance - 1 Point
•Win the competition - 2 Bonus Points
•Host - 1/2 the contestants in Points
•Judge - 1/4 the contestants in Points

-We should have elections
-No tiers, I just don't think they are necessary.
-not sure what you mean by regulations for judges/hosts
-Convos shouldn't be that involved I don't think

DSquared

Comp selection-

Elections-

The CL-

Points-

Sweet 16-

Again, could care less.
Here's some more to add to mine.

- If all 6 Cs wish to remove a CL, they can switch a C's position with a CL's without a public vote.

-If 1 C challenges the CL, there will be a public 'debate'. It will basicly be a boardroom. Each person states why they're there, and why they are the better CL

-Cs and the CL work as 'unofficial mods'. If there is an argument/issue regarding anything ICS, it is their job to resolve it.

Sweet 16-

Don't have teams in this. That's how some of the high point rackets get eliminated because their team leader voted them to. That's ok for other comps, but not the comp to crown the year's winner overall.

Base the players playing only on POINTS. This assures the best of the year, not just any member, can be crowned the year's winner

tcool

The Conversationalists should be in charge of...
  • organizing all ICS sponsored Imagineering Competitions
  • have a trimonthly newsletter
  • and keep track of the Points earned in Comps
The conversationalists are voted in by...
  • One Carryover from the current Convos
  • Next is the public vote for 6 more Convos
  • Every six months the Convos will be relelected
The Comps....
  • The amount of competitions per Tier is decided by the Convos
  • The public votes on what Comps they wish to see become a reality
  • The convos then organize those comps into their respective tiers, and the best time slot possible
The Point System...
  • I agree with the point system @Matt7187 suggested
• Every round you advance - 1 Point
• Win the competition - 2 Bonus Points
• Host - 1/2 the contestants in Points
• Judge - 1/4 the contestants in Points

The Elite Eight ....
  • Should be replaced with what I do not know, and while the Sweet Sixteen idea sounds fine it may take just too long

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom