The Brazilian tour groups: is Disney taking action?

Minnesota disney fan

Don't get smart with me young man or I'll have no alternative but to send our Scottish Tour Group over, now you really don't want that

Oh, Mergatroid, I think I love you:):)( You are too funny. Can't wait for the English tour group being overly polite! LOL:) thanks for the laughs. Also love the Scottish tour groups, too funny!
9-_TfKGzN5RMaeAoFS7-SMlaQ2d5d1ZFBwRHnnkZtmw94pkdSsIUTFFT3WGHhpjGaUSjR30Ajjg2XAkPqhTaIEp2vnIv8I9nNhsZcANmL15h14s0XNBJCdsXXEzNWXOQU1.jpg

WDW Guru

Brazilian Tour Groups are the most annoying people in Disney. They have injured me in many ways but the worst was when they gave me a big gash in my arm from their stupidity. They pushed me into a stand at Mouse Gear and it required me to get stitches. The worst part was that they did it on purpose. This isn't even to mention how obnoxious they are while chanting and how pushy they are in ride lines. I feel as though Disney needs to at least attempt to keep them in order.

matt9112

Brazilian Tour Groups are the most annoying people in Disney. They have injured me in many ways but the worst was when they gave me a big gash in my arm from their stupidity. They pushed me into a stand at Mouse Gear and it required me to get stitches. The worst part was that they did it on purpose. This isn't even to mention how obnoxious they are while chanting and how pushy they are in ride lines. I feel as though Disney needs to at least attempt to keep them in order.

If true this is sad. Sorry for your experience.

mergatroid

Brits are good for buying beer and food seems like they all get 3 months of vacation and have currency printing presses in there hotel rooms.

Don't know where on earth people get that idea from? Here's some English chaps quietly enjoying the 3pm parade in the Magic Kindom

fans_2692319b.jpg

And some wee Scottish gents singing along to Beauty and the Beast show at the Studios

GL397610.jpg

Walt Disney1955

It's pretty bad. I went in July a few years ago, and I was sufficiently aggravated to never book a summer trip again. They are everywhere. They are rude. They cut lines. The make ungodly amounts of noise.

Hmmm, I see. Now, the thing I believe is that with people of a different culture they sometimes don't know how loud they can be. I don't know if it applies to Brazilians but I dated a Portuguese woman once, in fact she was born here but her family was Portuguese. She never understood why I thought she was loud all the time. She was dramatic and over the top even in a crowd of people. Her mindset is, "That is just how we talk." Watch "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" for a good indication. Either way, it was annoying and she could be embarrassing. But she really felt she was talking at a normal level.

I am just wondering if these groups think the same thing. Not that it is an excuse to act like this or that being from a different culture is an excuse to be rude, but that is just my guess.

That being said, I've been on these boards long enough and hearing all the comments I have heard about the Brazilian tour groups has made this be one of the groups I purposely earmark to see when they usually arrive so I can avoid them.

That would be really irritating to try and soak up the Disney atmosphere while you are in the line up only to hear a bunch of soccer chants.

Matt_Black

Hmmm, I see. Now, the thing I believe is that with people of a different culture they sometimes don't know how loud they can be. I don't know if it applies to Brazilians but I dated a Portuguese woman once, in fact she was born here but her family was Portuguese. She never understood why I thought she was loud all the time. She was dramatic and over the top even in a crowd of people. Her mindset is, "That is just how we talk." Watch "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" for a good indication. Either way, it was annoying and she could be embarrassing. But she really felt she was talking at a normal level.

I am just wondering if these groups think the same thing. Not that it is an excuse to act like this or that being from a different culture is an excuse to be rude, but that is just my guess.

That being said, I've been on these boards long enough and hearing all the comments I have heard about the Brazilian tour groups has made this be one of the groups I purposely earmark to see when they usually arrive so I can avoid them.

That would be really irritating to try and soak up the Disney atmosphere while you are in the line up only to hear a bunch of soccer chants.

That's the thing though- if you're visiting another country, you should familiarize yourself with at least some of the customs and etiquette.

Rachel S1321

I've never been during the times these tour groups come through but I have heard the horror stories about them. Are they really that bad?

We've had some run ins with the tour groups as well. We had just arrived/checked in then took our 3 year old daughter to DHS. We took her straight to Toy Story Mania ride. We had been in line for 40 minutes when a huge crowd came pushing through our line without warning. Knocking my daughter down and trampling over her! She had scrapes and bruises all over! We had to leave the line because she needed band-aids for her knees. We did get a fast pass to go back on but nothing was done to the group who had a few people waiting in line and then the rest of the group just joins them. Cutting all the other people waiting in line. This line cutting happened a few times while we were on our vacation. And it happens in a very aggressive way. It is dangerous and rude. And they always got on and off the ride before us. This was 2012 so I don't know if this has changed since then.

Ulysses McGill

Has anyone ever been to the water parks when the tour groups are in there?

I have, and was shocked to see 100+ teenage girls, more than half who were donning thong bikinis. Which I understand, outside of the U.S. that's just how many female beachgoers dress and it's truly not a big deal to anyone inside their home country. That said, if I were about 15-18 years younger, that might have been the best part of the trip, but now I'm seeing these things through the lens of "When I have kids, how do I explain something like this?"

They weren't acting inappropriate or crazy or anything, but I really wasn't expecting it. Although there were a lot of very peeved women staring at their husbands a lot as if to say, "I dare you to look."

In addition to the visuals, however, there was about a 90 minute wait for the really giant slide at Blizzard Beach (forgot the name of it). Actually all the lines were so long that we gave up and left after only about 40 minutes in the park and came back a few months later before the weather cooled off.

aw14

We've had some run ins with the tour groups as well. We had just arrived/checked in then took our 3 year old daughter to DHS. We took her straight to Toy Story Mania ride. We had been in line for 40 minutes when a huge crowd came pushing through our line without warning. Knocking my daughter down and trampling over her! She had scrapes and bruises all over! We had to leave the line because she needed band-aids for her knees. We did get a fast pass to go back on but nothing was done to the group who had a few people waiting in line and then the rest of the group just joins them. Cutting all the other people waiting in line. This line cutting happened a few times while we were on our vacation. And it happens in a very aggressive way. It is dangerous and rude. And they always got on and off the ride before us. This was 2012 so I don't know if this has changed since then.
I have never personally experienced the physical side of it. Just the loud obnoxious chanting an screaming.

I am very sorry to hear that you and your family to to deal with that and the it was not addressed by the CMs

G00fyDad

Couldnt agree more. Any where I have traveled, it has been important for me to have a strong understanding of the culture I am entering.

Exactly. Ignorance is not an excuse to the customs, rules, and laws.

THAT would have been the moment that I get banned from Disney for beating the brakes off of someone. In the very least I would have elbowed one of them in the nose to bring them up short before my child is injured.

POLY LOVER

Exactly. Ignorance is not an excuse to the customs, rules, and laws.

THAT would have been the moment that I get banned from Disney for beating the brakes off of someone. In the very least I would have elbowed one of them in the nose to bring them up short before my child is injured.

so your 3 year old was knocked down, trampled over by a large group of people had scrapes and bruises neded to be taken out of line and Disney did nothing, they did not even take an incident repoort for liabilty claims ? Shocking I find this hard to believe.

G00fyDad

so your 3 year old was knocked down, trampled over by a large group of people had scrapes and bruises neded to be taken out of line and Disney did nothing, they did not even take an incident repoort for liabilty claims ? Shocking I find this hard to believe.

Why are you quoting me?? It didn't happen to me because I am still allowed in Disney.

Matt_Black

... The Brazilian tour groups are the ones ultimately responsible for the cinnamon buns being removed from the Main Street Bakery.

Rachel S1321

We did make a report. Disney took very good care of us and were very apologetic. We got out of line to get help. Sorry I should of clarified better. She didn't need an ambulance her injuries were some scrapes and and a few bruises. I'm not sure what happened with tour group after that because we didn't follow them around. We continued on with our vacation. I'm simply saying they can be dangerous when cutting through the lines and I'm happy my daughter wasn't seriously injured and I'm shocked no one else has been. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has witnessed them with a few people in line and then a group cutting to meet them. The people who do this are pushy, rude, and inconsiderate.

Rachel S1321

It happened so fast. My husband had some choice words but they didn't care. They were cutting the line. I quickly picked my daughter up, noticed she had scraped knees and elbows and we got out of line instantly to check her over and get medical help. I would compare what happened to people rushing a stage at a concert. There was a lot of chaos happening. I also noticed there were no cast members randomly placed in or around the line to police what is going on. Has this changed? This was 2012

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom