Helppppppp WL Construction Advice?

DaisyDoesDisney

The letter referred to using amenities at FW and Contemporary. It's just not my cup of tea to spend a vacation in a construction zone. I am sorry for your experience @DaisyDoesDisney. It sounded much less than magical and I would have been angry too.
Thank you @Much-Pixie-Dust. We had a really nice time none the less. Any Disney trip is a good one but I always look to improve where possible. We are staying at Boardwalk Inn in September and I don't expect to see any construction there :) We're also going again in December and staying at Yacht Club. A bit concerned with that arrangement. There are other threads here speculating on a refurb of YC but the timing is unclear. Fingers crossed that we avoid it. I wish it was easier to get information when making reservations.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I got my letter today. We're staying 10/23-26 specifically for MNSSHP. We chose the WL because we love the resort, and it's close to the MK. It's also reasonably priced. While at Ohana @ the Poly this spring, we saw the eyesore of the construction; and we decided then we'd never waste our money to stay at a resort with major construction going on. Pardon my Hoover, but this sucks.

ToTBellHop

I got my letter today. We're staying 10/23-26 specifically for MNSSHP. We chose the WL because we love the resort, and it's close to the MK. It's also reasonably priced. While at Ohana @ the Poly this spring, we saw the eyesore of the construction; and we decided then we'd never waste our money to stay at a resort with major construction going on. Pardon my Hoover, but this sucks.
It should marginally affect you. They won't have jackhammers out on you departure day. Probably just a fence around the pool. If even. It takes a few days to even close off the work site.

sandam1

I'm scheduled to stay at the WL the beginning part of November and was not happy to hear about the construction, particularly after hearing about what a mess the Poly was during its construction. However, I asked myself what was the #1 reason I was staying there and the answer is the location. We want to be able to get to the MK easily, without having to take a bus or go through the TTC, and I can't afford any of the monorail resorts. So while I'm not happy with the construction (and wish that they would offer me a discount to stay there), I'm going to grin and bear it. But if I was set on being in "the bubble" and experiencing every part of the themeing without interruption, that would be a completely different story.

ToTBellHop

I'm scheduled to stay at the WL the beginning part of November and was not happy to hear about the construction, particularly after hearing about what a mess the Poly was during its construction. However, I asked myself what was the #1 reason I was staying there and the answer is the location. We want to be able to get to the MK easily, without having to take a bus or go through the TTC, and I can't afford any of the monorail resorts. So while I'm not happy with the construction (and wish that they would offer me a discount to stay there), I'm going to grin and bear it. But if I was set on being in "the bubble" and experiencing every part of the themeing without interruption, that would be a completely different story.
We are making a similar choice. Plus, I remind myself, the new pool area will be intact, the beautiful lobby of the building will be intact, and the boat to MK will be in service. I don't think it'll be THAT bad.

dploew

We have the same issue. Going down 12/5 for 6 nights. Guest relations offered to switch is to animal kingdom lodge or to garden wing in the contemporary. I've just never been a fan of the contemporary so I think we'll take the offer for $100 off per night to stay at WL.

Hockey89

Got my construction letter today for my Nov. 15-21st trip to Disney. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and it is our first time staying onsite with 2 kids. Wondering if I should change resorts?
Switch.... Spend all that money to look at a construction site...crazy

Mope

Just called Disney reservations, I got no offer to be upgraded, money off, or discounts at another resort. All the guy would do is keep offering me different resorts at current pricing. He said, "all the construction is by the villas, you won't hear anything"
staying at WL std view room Nov 14-19

ToTBellHop

Just called Disney reservations, I got no offer to be upgraded, money off, or discounts at another resort. All the guy would do is keep offering me different resorts at current pricing. He said, "all the construction is by the villas, you won't hear anything"
staying at WL std view room Nov 14-19
He wasn't lying. Especially given that your view faces away from the Villas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom