Beach or Yacht Club

LAM378

Sorry, @DaGoof00 , I forgot to respond to your original post when I posted above :D. All things being equal, I'd stay at YC because it's my favorite place on Earth, but BC wins hands-down for a trip this fall. The new rooms and hallways are gorgeous. Like I said above, the current YC rooms aren't bad, IMO, but they're put to shame by the new BC rooms.

I don't like having a tiny balcony at BC, but if you made balcony or ground floor room your only room request, you might have good luck!

HouCuseChickie

If I could be guaranteed a room with a full balcony at BC, I'd say BC. Still, it's this one issue that made us pick YC in 2012. While I enjoyed the full patio we had at YC, I didn't like the room decor and a lot of it looked like it needed a refurb (which as others have mentioned, hasn't happened yet). We had some other issues that are probably not specific to the resort all of the time, but definitely issues during our stay that also factor into my feelings (CMs, room location, allergy issues). Ultimately, if I had to do it again, I'd pick BC and make sure a balcony was my #1 room request. Plus, BC is a little bit closer to Epcot. BW is my fave in the area, so we'd stay there over BC and YC whenever we opt to next stay Epcot area.

DaisyDoesDisney

The work at YC will be started as soon as BC is complete. At BC they started from the top down, 5th floor (club level) first, and I've heard they'll do the same at YC. BC CL renovations took 2 months, mid-October to mid-December. They're still renovating the 2nd floor now at BC, putting YC on track for a fall start.

December is a crapshoot--CL might be in the middle of renovations, with a temporary lounge somewhere, like they did at BC...or you might get lucky and be staying in brand new room with a beautiful new CL lounge. If CL is done and they've moved on to 4th floor, it could be noisy. Or construction might start on another level and you'll be in the current CL. For what it's worth, my rooms at YC last year weren't pristine, but they weren't shabby.

If BC CL is available for your dates and if it isn't too much more expensive, I would give some thought to staying there instead.

Thank you for this. I'm going to seriously consider all you've said. I might leave the reservation as is and just follow the news on what's happening and then switch resorts around October if I don't feel comfortable with what I'm hearing. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge in April and the construction and scaffolding really annoyed me. I think I'm particularly bothered by construction because we moved into a new development last year and we've been surrounded by construction noise and mess since then and it's something I really need to escape from on vacation. Thanks again @LAM378 :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You always give great advice. How is the bus transportation to MK and DAK? BC looks like a great resort.
Bus transport is okay. It is between 15-20 minutes driving time to both MK and AK (I timed it) and we never waited too long for a bus. Beach is picked up last so the upside is you go straight to your destination; downside you might have to stand.

Parrain

We have stayed at the Yacht Club numerous times and the Beach Club for the first time just last year. We prefer the Yacht Club's rooms, proximity to The Boardwalk, and balcony view of Illuminations fireworks. But we prefer the Beach Club for the proximity to the market place and Epcot! It just depends on what you like. But you can't go wrong, both are wonderful!

sgtmgd

If it weren't for the amazing pool at YC/BC, I would suggest a stay at the Boardwalk. It's my favorite resort on that loop. Stormalong Bay makes it so hard for me to pick a favorite, but the Boardwalk just takes me to another time where everything is awesome and I am Booker Dewitt.
Great point , as the BW is our favorite so it was HARD to pull the trigger on the BC for our December trip but we plan on utilizing storm along bay and thus had to bite the bullet, at least I'm a short walk away

coachwnh

We have stayed at both, and prefer the YC because the lobby is a lot less crowded and the hotel is much quieter in general. (and we travel with two kids ages 11 and 9 last time we stayed at YC). The BC lobby is mush busier with the Cape May Cafe.
We stayed at the YC every summer the last four years and spent Christmas there 2 of the last three years.

Both resorts share the same pool. Its walkable to both Epcot and HS from both. Its really just a matter of preference. The walk for a quick snack is longer if you stay at the YC since you need to walk to the BC for that. but it was never a real issue for us.

You really cant go wrong either way.

HauntedMansionFLA

We have stayed at the Yacht Club numerous times and the Beach Club for the first time just last year. We prefer the Yacht Club's rooms, proximity to The Boardwalk, and balcony view of Illuminations fireworks. But we prefer the Beach Club for the proximity to the market place and Epcot! It just depends on what you like. But you can't go wrong, both are wonderful!
Can you see EPCOT fireworks from YC? Which balcony did you stay at? Thanks :) Exciting!

DaisyDoesDisney

I used the chat feature on the Disney site today to ask a few questions and the representative that I spoke with told me that there are no plans for any refurbishment or construction at Yacht Club. I'm not saying that I believe her as the information from you all tends to be quite reliable, but that is what I was told. I was concerned about my club level reservation for December and the rep told me not to worry. (not that it helped :( )

ToTBellHop

I used the chat feature on the Disney site today to ask a few questions and the representative that I spoke with told me that there are no plans for any refurbishment or construction at Yacht Club. I'm not saying that I believe her as the information from you all tends to be quite reliable, but that is what I was told. I was concerned about my club level reservation for December and the rep told me not to worry. (not that it helped :( )
It's not scheduled yet. But, it will be once BC is done. So the agent is correct and yet a refurb will likely be scheduled at some point in the near future.

erinkristen04

I just recently made a switch from POR to Yacht Club CL. Hoping to surprise my DH when we arrive for our trip in November. Reading about these refurb rumors is making me a bit nervous, as well. I read that that during the refurb of BC's club level, they closed off the lounge and entire 5th floor until it was completed. If, hypothetically, they are mid-construction for club level during mid-November at the time of our visit, where will they put us? How do they handle situations where they are working on rooms that were previously reserved?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom