Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

JasonDeyoung

Just booked AKL for Dopey. Never been there.
AKL is awesome! Love that resort. Everything about it. It's really good for race weekends to. Stayed for Everest and the bus and everything was really on point. You'll be happy with this choice. As for the bus times to the Kari's, they are no longer than any other resorts really. The MK one is the longest but it's really not that bad. I didn't think

dreamfinder

• Walt Disney World® Marathon presented by Cigna® - 84%
  • Dopey Challenge presented by Cigna® - SOLD OUT
  • Runner's World Challenge - SOLD OUT
  • Goofy's Race and Half Challenge presented by Cigna® - SOLD OUT
  • Walt Disney World® Half Marathon presented by Cigna® - SOLD OUT
  • Walt Disney World® 10K presented by Cigna® - SOLD OUT
  • Walt Disney World® 5K presented by Cigna® - SOLD OUT
  • Castaway Cay Challenge - 60%
  • Family Reunion Breakfast - 56%
  • Race Retreat - 55%
  • ChEAR Squad - 50%
  • runDisney Kids Races - 76%
3+ weeks since the last update, it's really slowed to a stop.

Texas84

Thanks @dreamfinder!

Has anyone yet caught wind of the inevitable course changes? I am dying to know!

Looks like they haven't submitted a new certified course yet. The race track is being demolished so we know that has to change. DHS construction is another area to watch. Our insiders say it's coming but they don't have any dates or details yet. My guess is the back lot section will have to change.

dreamfinder

Not to doubt @Texas84, but I double checked the certified courses. And I'm amazed at how many variations the course has had over the years. From running the other direction through the Magic Kingdom to doing loops through WWoS ages ago (we all thought it was new for the 20th!). Plenty of things they can do to work with the closures if you look at the old courses.

Texas84

Not to doubt @Texas84, but I double checked the certified courses. And I'm amazed at how many variations the course has had over the years. From running the other direction through the Magic Kingdom to doing loops through WWoS ages ago (we all thought it was new for the 20th!). Plenty of things they can do to work with the closures if you look at the old courses.

Yep. Really all they have to do is add an out and back somewhere like they did before WWoS was added. Plenty of room.

DocAlan02

The 20th was my first at WDW (and first marathon overall...I have since added Philadelphia and Chicago). Not sure why I am so anxious to know the course changes...but I am!

dreamfinder

• Walt Disney World® Marathon presented by Cigna® - 86%
  • Race Retreat - 55%
  • ChEAR Squad - 50%
  • runDisney Kids Races - 76%

Kermit262

Has anyone heard about 2016 New Balance shoes for the WDW Marathon Expo? How about 2016 WDW Marathon Weekend medals?

Didn't think I was going back in 2016, after an incredible Dopey in January of this year. But my wife was asking some curious questions about the marathon, and I have a birthday coming up next month, so I'm starting to wonder. :happy:

dreamfinder

Has anyone heard about 2016 New Balance shoes for the WDW Marathon Expo?

Nope. But considering they dropped the Tinkerbell shoes at the Tink half pretty much unannounced (unless I missed it completely) they may be taking a lower key approach knowing they will sell regardless...

Texas84

If you're not following the DHS chaos threads, word now is that the new Toy Story Land could start construction early as next month. If true that could impact W&D and Marathon weekend.

Sara Johnson

This will be my first WDW run, and also my first marathon. Is the whole course air conditioned? I know Florida can be hot/humid, I just would like to make sure that the entire course is cooled.

Mad Stitch

^
4d8347a6-e6aa-4b2e-8a09-acdb7208463b_zps7f1c8e55.jpg

dreamfinder

• Walt Disney World® Marathon presented by Cigna® - 90%
  • Race Retreat - 55%
  • ChEAR Squad - 50%
  • runDisney Kids Races - 80%

dreamfinder

This will be my first WDW run, and also my first marathon. Is the whole course air conditioned? I know Florida can be hot/humid, I just would like to make sure that the entire course is cooled.

It's only cooled if you sign up for the personal cooling package. For approx $5000, runDisney will provide you with your own personal lackie to run next to you and throw ice cubes at you the entire time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom