Discovery Cove in October

PrincessVic

Original Poster
Hey guys
During our October holiday, we are finally planning a trip to Discovery Cove as our daughter is now old enough for the dolphin swim - yay! We are also bringing the MIL on holiday with us, so as a result the costs are mounting up (we are paying for everything for her!).
So I wondered, does anyone know if DC will have any offers for October, or should I just go ahead and book. Is going to be over $1000/£675 for the 4 of us. I have promised our daughter before we found out we were taking an extra person, and I do not want to break that promise - just extra flights/2 weeks Disney tickets aren't cheap.....
Any suggestions/thoughts would be really appreciated.
Thank you

919Florida

Welcome, first of all you are going to have an amazing time. My first time to Discovery Cove was last summer and it was amazing. Its become a yearly tradition now. Everything you get is such an amazing value and you will never forget this experience.

Right now its hard to tell if any discounts will come out for Discovery Cove. Typically not many discounts do come out for Discovery Cove. I don't know how much of your trip you are planning to spend at SeaWorld but it may be worth thinking about an annual pass for at least one of you. When you purchase an annual pass you get a pretty good savings on the Discovery Cove package. For instance in October the dolphin swim is $259 per person plus tax. However if you have the annual pass discount its only $169 per person plus tax. According to the website a pass member may buy up to 6 discounted tickets for their guests. Its something to think about that's for sure. If you become annual pass members you also will be entitled to free parking, discounts on food and merchandise in the SeaWorld park etc. Not sure if you can swing that but just an option to think about to price out more options.

You will have an amazing time. Hope this gave you some ideas.

PrincessVic

Original Poster
Hahahaha, I did even wonder if she would like to give the day a miss, and have a nice rest day. Worth a try!
Not wanting to sound cheap here (does sound horrible when I read my first post), but with all the extras we are having to pay for - flight from UK, park ticket, larger car, mobility scooter, food...... for 2 weeks it sure mounts up. But it is what it is, and will just have to do what we can.

PrincessVic

Original Poster
Welcome, first of all you are going to have an amazing time. My first time to Discovery Cove was last summer and it was amazing. Its become a yearly tradition now. Everything you get is such an amazing value and you will never forget this experience.

Right now its hard to tell if any discounts will come out for Discovery Cove. Typically not many discounts do come out for Discovery Cove. I don't know how much of your trip you are planning to spend at SeaWorld but it may be worth thinking about an annual pass for at least one of you. When you purchase an annual pass you get a pretty good savings on the Discovery Cove package. For instance in October the dolphin swim is $259 per person plus tax. However if you have the annual pass discount its only $169 per person plus tax. According to the website a pass member may buy up to 6 discounted tickets for their guests. Its something to think about that's for sure. If you become annual pass members you also will be entitled to free parking, discounts on food and merchandise in the SeaWorld park etc. Not sure if you can swing that but just an option to think about to price out more options.

You will have an amazing time. Hope this gave you some ideas.
Thank you so much, will definitely have a look into this

Jon81uk

If you are going from the UK you may not be able to book the USA offers.
We booked Discovery Cove without the Dolphin Swim for £138 each via FloridaTix. This includes admissiion to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica.
SeaWorld, Busch & Aquatica tickets were £99, so I'm doing Discovery Cove for £39 without the dolphin swim. We also had a 5% discount code for FloridaTix which helped.

There are other ticket agencies that might have slightly cheaper deals too.

Jon81uk

I was under the impression that at least one person per party had to buy the dolphin swim ticket ???

As far as I know it was when they opened the new grand reef area opened a few years ago they started offering day resort packages as the capacity of the pool was increased. But you can definately book without the dolphin swim.

CAPTAIN HOOK

As far as I know it was when they opened the new grand reef area opened a few years ago they started offering day resort packages as the capacity of the pool was increased. But you can definately book without the dolphin swim.
Things must have changed - it was 2006 when we were last there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom