Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

No company is quite as MAGICal when it comes to hypocrisy as The Walt Disney Company is.

No way I can defend Bill Cosby. I saw an interview last night with a woman who worked for Hugh Heffner's empire and was raped by Cos. She said that Mr. Huxtable will likely go down as the biggest serial rapist of all time.

The thing is, though, where exactly does it stop? Some of the others honored by the TV Academy have their own skeletons. Then, as others mentioned above there is the absurd running of Captain EO in 2015 that was brought back simply to capitalize on the death of Michael Jackson, who had plenty of baggage associated with him.

Disney has no issue glorifying Lance Armstrong and Tiger Woods in the very finale of the American Adventure, of all attractions. Where's the anger to get that updated and removed? Oh yeah, no one will notice if Cosby's bust is removed because barely anyone noticed it to begin with. But changing the AA has a cost associated with it, actually multiple costs.

Then there's the matter of enjoying attractions that were designed by individuals with nasty secrets of their own. I guess that's simply a case of what people don't know is really none of their business.

It's just amazing that a company that rests itself on a squeaky clean image where things like 'f word' don't exist (unless Bob Iger is talking to Jay Rasulo or Tom Staggs) can often make some of us feel so dirty.

WDW1974

No idea what MJ is doing anywhere in any park but I do go see EO because it just cracks me up. My PC parents were actually speechless after seeing EO the over the top gay thing that it is. I would love to do a voice over during that film. LOL.

MJ never got flat out caught with a smoking gun, that's why they let it go.

''Over the top gay thing''? ... why do I give this thread about six hours of existence?

FigmentsFangirl

I for one am honestly curious, why was there a Cosby bust even there to begin with ? Next thing you know they'll look for his foot & hand marks in front of GMR!

WDW1974

I for one am honestly curious, why was there a Cosby bust even there to begin with ? Next thing you know they'll look for his foot & hand marks in front of GMR!

Because he's a TV legend and all.

(I can't believe I'm taking part in what will definitely wind up being a typical MAGICal summer trainwreck ... guess I have nothing better to do this evening, sadly!)

lazyboy97o

And Casey Anthony was a good mom. And OJ Simpson was a great guy. :) not disagreeing with the facts but just throwing that out there..
Being a good person and being convicted are not the same. The legal assumption of innocence has a social basis and that basis is incredinly important to uphold.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Because he's a TV legend and all.

(I can't believe I'm taking part in what will definitely wind up being a typical MAGICal summer trainwreck ... guess I have nothing better to do this evening, sadly!)

Oh it will be.

That wasn't my intention for this to become that but... It has become that way, what with the way Disney picks and chooses who they promote.

Shame they can't recut the finale of golden Wings and take Lance Armstrong out.... Of course I'm watching the Tour right now and it just makes me angry.

Still, MJ has to go. Because I won't be the only one wondering why he's still there while Cosby is

Captain Neo

Oh it will be.

That wasn't my intention for this to become that but... It has become that way, what with the way Disney picks and chooses who they promote.

Shame they can't recut the finale of golden Wings and take Lance Armstrong out.... Of course I'm watching the Tour right now and it just makes me angry.

Still, MJ has to go. Because I won't be the only one wondering why he's still there while Cosby is

MJ has to go because you THINK he did something wrong? Perhaps someone will start rumors about you and you will be banned from Walt Disney parks & resorts how would that make you feel?

You are not an arbiter of justice so stop making false accusations against innocent people. Cosby confessed. If anything pee wee needs to go.

BrerJon

It makes sense for the Cosby statue to go because it's likely someone will deface it, and the last thing Disney wants is that image all over Twitter.

But in general there's little reason to remove or alter other attractions just because the people who star in them or created them are discovered to have dubious pasts... where does that end, where do you draw the line? Shall we knock down half the Great Movie Ride just to get a head start?

In my view it should be up to the Guests to decide. If enough complain, or stop going on the attractions, then sure close them, but doing so pre-emptively just seems too over the top to me.

BrerJon

Kinda my fault by asking the MJ question.

But thats a question that needs to be answered. If youre gonna toss out Cosby based on those horrific allegations, why keep MJ and those horrific allegations.

The difference is MJ stood trial and was found not guilty, Cosby is yet to face trial. There's no way EO would have come back if MJ had been found guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom