Selfie sticks - is this a thing at WDW yet? Disney clarifies policy

brb1006

A group was taking a selfie stick picture in the parking lot at DHS on the 4th. A parking attendant IMMEDIATELY sprinted towards the group and firmly told them to put the selfie stick in the car and they would not be allowed to go even towards the tram if they didn't.

Firm but clear enforcement. They made sure to make quite the scene too so anybody watching would know without a doubt what the policy was.
How did they respond to it? Did they yell or argue about it?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I was mostly referring to the area outside of the que on Tower Of Terror before you go inside. They are clearly on the side of the ropes you are not allowed to be on (by what would be the front steps).
Ah, I was going to mention that as well, but didn't quite remember without reviewing the video again...but, now that you mention it, you are right!

Cesar R M

I'm talking about the photo that accompanies the article.
It does not show any trees and seems mostly flattish.
So no surprise a metal pole (aka selfie stick) was the "closest thing" to earth (for the lightning strike).
But then, he might have been hit selfie stick or not.

jensenrick

Not to fork the thread but, on a cool, rainy day, wearing baggy pants and a hoody, I could easily get a long rifle out of 3 or 4 different designs right past security. Look up CSR. Limiting factor would be amount of ammo that could be carried.

A rifle, sure. As long as it's not something dangerous, like a selfie stick. Good luck with the ammo thing.

What's CSR? corporate social responsibility? customer service rep?

BrerJon

Disney Parks just released a new video today that has them using a Selfie Stick in the ad. :p

What rubbish. As if someone's 'first video' would be that quality.

Oh look, they happened to get a concierge theme park view room from the Contemporary too, and even managed to choose a time of year where there are more trees in the park than have been in decades, Space Mountain was running in ''invisible' mode and there were no show buildings or backstage areas anywhere in MK, just a giant castle (judging by the video twice as tall as it really is) and a couple of rides in the middle of a forest.

Yes of course, a completely natural video!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
What rubbish. As if someone's 'first video' would be that quality.

Oh look, they happened to get a concierge theme park view room from the Contemporary too, and even managed to choose a time of year where there are more trees in the park than have been in decades, Space Mountain was running in ''invisible' mode and there were no show buildings or backstage areas anywhere in MK, just a giant castle (judging by the video twice as tall as it really is) and a couple of rides in the middle of a forest.

Yes of course, a completely natural video!
Well, at least it doesn't equate Spaceship Earth to a giant golf ball...like this one does.

G00fyDad

787db25b3aeca1b3c2f8786f1a14a134e220963ce50b1258ebdc761987b454a7_1-1.jpg

Cesar R M

Not to mention, one of the pairs of ears it the gold ones from the 50th celebration ten years ago. What, they brought ten year old hats with them?
probably a thing about pride?
I know that some conventioneers love to show how many conventions they have attended by stacking all their badges.
Or how others showoff their insane pin collections at DisneyWorld.

Reminds me when I seen a old dude at WDW. He had a big biker beard.
He had more pins on him than medals in a North Korean General.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom