Awful guest behavior

mf1972

I would love to get stuck for at least five minutes in front of the ballroom/diningroom scene. You could really take in all the different effects. Once we were stopped for a few minutes in fromt of the singing busts in the graveyard and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
had that happen a few times. talk about dumb luck.:)

Arthur Wellesley

I would love to get stuck for at least five minutes in front of the ballroom/diningroom scene. You could really take in all the different effects. Once we were stopped for a few minutes in fromt of the singing busts in the graveyard and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
I would love to have SSE get stuck at the looking-back-at-Earth scene up top for at least half an hour or so.

BrerJon

So, the narrative is more important than someone with a disability getting to enjoy something? Yes, it's a bit irritating, but I simply can't find it in my heart to get THAT upset about.

I think there's two factors in play. One is they try to load people on faster, which causes more stumbles and slow-downs in the long run, and two, lots of people use the wheelchair access for their ECVs, even when they are able to walk, instead of parking them outside, so you get way, way more wheelchair stops than you ever used to.

I advocate a pants-on-fire rule. If the place was burning down and you'd be able to get away without assistance, then you transfer out of your ECV, no exceptions. I bet ride stops would plummet immediately.

HRHPrincessAriel

Wouldn't work unless they completely changed the ride system. Omnimovers do not allow for that sort of car "separation" by design. Having it inline would be even more problematic. TSMM and rides like Pooh's Hunny Hunt (where trackless) could get away with that due to the nature of their ride systems, but to make HM have that would require a complete track gut and rebuilt, I'd suspect.
Stop speaking logically. Just stop.

Raineman

Wouldn't work unless they completely changed the ride system. Omnimovers do not allow for that sort of car "separation" by design. Having it inline would be even more problematic. TSMM and rides like Pooh's Hunny Hunt (where trackless) could get away with that due to the nature of their ride systems, but to make HM have that would require a complete track gut and rebuilt, I'd suspect.
Would it be feasible for Disney to replace the Omnimover system with a trackless system? That's obviously a huge refurb, one that would require a substantial financial investment, as well as shutting down on of the most popular attractions on property for a long time. I'm sure that the existing Omnimover ride system at HM is old enough now that some kind of refurb would be needed soon anyway.

Goofyernmost

Would it be feasible for Disney to replace the Omnimover system with a trackless system? That's obviously a huge refurb, one that would require a substantial financial investment, as well as shutting down on of the most popular attractions on property for a long time. I'm sure that the existing Omnimover ride system at HM is old enough now that some kind of refurb would be needed soon anyway.
I'm sure it's doable, but, what would be the motivation. Just because some feel inconvenienced because disabled people make it stop occasionally. Besides I'm not sure they could easily negotiate the graveyard downhill section from the attic to the ground in a better way. What say we all just exude the milk of human kindness and not be concerned about a minor distraction to help another human being?

Raineman

I'm sure it's doable, but, what would be the motivation. Just because some feel inconvenienced because disabled people make it stop occasionally. Besides I'm not sure they could easily negotiate the graveyard downhill section from the attic to the ground in a better way. What say we all just exude the milk of human kindness and not be concerned about a minor distraction to help another human being?
TBH, I wan't even thinking of the post earlier regarding handicapped riders. I myself wouldn't care if the ride stopped 10 times while I was on it. I was just wondering aloud if it would make sense to change the ride system for more overall flexibility, and to get a headstart on replacing a system that will most likely be too old and expensive to maintain in the near future.

Goofyernmost

TBH, I wan't even thinking of the post earlier regarding handicapped riders. I myself wouldn't care if the ride stopped 10 times while I was on it. I was just wondering aloud if it would make sense to change the ride system for more overall flexibility, and to get a headstart on replacing a system that will most likely be too old and expensive to maintain in the near future.
OK, sorry I misunderstood your motivation, but most of the answer still applies. Why would we even want to change it, I love the doombuggies. History has shown that omni-movers when allowed to continue seem to be able to last forever.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
maybe it's just me, but it doesn't bother me in the least. It's just more time I get to spend inside the Mansion. I wish they would slow the ride way down so that it took me 20 minutes to make a loop.

I don't understand why in one breath you complain about being sped up at the beginning and then in the next breath complain about being slowed down during the ride.

I just think of the momentary stops as part of the experience. They have never bothered me. It is still my favorite ride at WDW.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It's not as though it's a roller coaster that stops every 50 yards of track. It doesn't bother me

With my luck the Yeti would always have a big ole tarp over it and the blinking strobe would hypnotize me, making me susceptible to the commands of everyone I encounter for the rest of my life if they at some point utter the phrase, "yetis like birds on a stick" in their sentence.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom