Your favorites

janelove956

Original Poster
Hey guys so I'll be heading back to the world May 2016, or September, and I'm looking for new places to eat. This is where we've been to so far,
MK- BOG, Casey's, Crystal Palace
AK- Yak n Yeti
HS- Sci fi
EPCOT- none
Downtown- Planet Hollywood, House of Blues
Feel free to make any and all recommendations whether is be table service, quick service or your favorite snack. Also thinking about drinking around the world so let me know if you guys have favorite drinks.
Thank you so much Disney family:inlove:

belledream

EPCOT is a great park for dining! Garden Grill, although not quite a culinary showcase, is a fun and unique place to dine. So is Coral Reef!

World Showcase...where do I begin? San Angel Inn and Biergarten have great atmospheres...Tokyo Dining, Chefs, Rose & Crown, Le Cellier are all delicious.

QS favorites are Katsura Grill and Tangierine Café.

Snacks must-have: Croissant Doughnut aka Cronut at the Refreshment Port. :hungry:

Another option is to always leave the parks and check out the restaurants at nearby resorts!

Kate Alan

It's outside of Epcot in the Boardwalk area, but Flying Fish Cafe is a must for my family on every visit. We can't head to WDW and not have the potato wrapped red snapper.

In DHS I love 50s Prime Time Cafe and Mama Melrose.
Epcot has some great restaurants - we personally love Rose & Crown and Biergarten.
Downtown Disney - Raglan Road is excellent, and T-Rex can be a fun atmosphere even though the food it fairly standard chain fare.
Other resorts we like to eat at are Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary (for breakfast, dinner was...mediocre at best, shall we say), and 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

And I have to second @belledream - the cronut at Refreshment Port is fantastic. My friend and I scared people walking past us with how into eating it we were, lol.

janelove956

Original Poster
EPCOT is a great park for dining! Garden Grill, although not quite a culinary showcase, is a fun and unique place to dine. So is Coral Reef!

World Showcase...where do I begin? San Angel Inn and Biergarten have great atmospheres...Tokyo Dining, Chefs, Rose & Crown, Le Cellier are all delicious.

QS favorites are Katsura Grill and Tangierine Café.

Snacks must-have: Croissant Doughnut aka Cronut at the Refreshment Port. :hungry:

Another option is to always leave the parks and check out the restaurants at nearby resorts!
Omg yes! I could not belive that I forgot to have the cronut last time but for sure this next time!

janelove956

Original Poster
It's outside of Epcot in the Boardwalk area, but Flying Fish Cafe is a must for my family on every visit. We can't head to WDW and not have the potato wrapped red snapper.

In DHS I love 50s Prime Time Cafe and Mama Melrose.
Epcot has some great restaurants - we personally love Rose & Crown and Biergarten.
Downtown Disney - Raglan Road is excellent, and T-Rex can be a fun atmosphere even though the food it fairly standard chain fare.
Other resorts we like to eat at are Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary (for breakfast, dinner was...mediocre at best, shall we say), and 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

And I have to second @belledream - the cronut at Refreshment Port is fantastic. My friend and I scared people walking past us with how into eating it we were, lol.
I was thinking about Ohana at the Polynesian, have you been there?

NiarrNDisney

MK - Colombia Harbour House, Liberty Square Market, Liberty Tree Tavern, Plaza Restaurant, Sleepy Hollow, Tomorrowland Terrace, Tortuga Tavern

Epcot - Biergarten, Boulangerie Patisserie, Coral Reef, Katsura Grill, Liberty Inn, Restaurant Marrakesh, Rose & Crown, Spice Road Table, Sunshine Seasons,Tangierine Café, Teppan Edo/Tokyo Dining, Tutto Gusto, Yorkshire Fish & Chips

DHS - Anaheim Produce, Backlot Express, Hollywood Brown Derby, Mama Melrose's, Starring Rolls, Studio Catering Co.

DAK - Bradley Falls, Flame Tree Barbecue, Mr. Kamal's, RestaurantoSaurus, Yak & Yeti Locale Foods,

DTD - Cookes of Dublin, Earl of Sandwich, House of Blues, Lava Lounge, Raglan Road, Wolfgang Pucks (all)

rt06

50's PT, Mama Melrose (best Italian IMO)
Whispering Canyon (my favorite all you can eat)
T-Rex (best nachos, huge servings, half now, half later)
Via Napoli

Disney4family

MK - Crystal Palace (bfast - location and prettiest building), Liberty Tree Tavern (great location)
Dole Whip Float (must-do snack) :joyfull:
EP - San Angel Inn (pretty), Via Napoli (great pizzas & fun), Rose & Crown (pretty outside with a pint of Harp)
Sommerfest (Quick Service at Germany - great beer & brat)
Grand Marnier Orange Slushie (Snack at a kiosk in France - or get a Super Orange or two or three, etc for a meal! :rolleyes: )
HS - Sci-Fi (best milkshakes ever)
Contemporary - Chef Mickey's (bfast with the monorail zooming overhead)

You can check out menus, reviews and pics at www.allearsnet.com if you want to look at things yourself.

rt06

I'm shocked at the love for the Pizza at Via Napoli.... Just average at best if you had great pizza.... I thought it was below average.... I was so excited for it too...

Agreed. Too inconsistent in quality (sometimes crispy, sometimes doughy). The toppings were poorly distributed, clumped together, so that one slice would have way more than the other. Yes, I am a pizza snob. Mama Melrose is much better, though they call it flatbreads, and one serving is enough for two people. I'm accustomed to sprinkling garlic powder on my pizzas. You walk in to a pizzeria in NYC and it's just there for you to add liberally to your slice. The server at Via looked at me like I had two heads when I asked for some. The one at Mama's also said no at first, but then a minute later came back with a little saucer of garlic powder from the kitchen. It was then that Mama's earned my undying loyalty. Even the fried calamari is better.

MK- Be our guest lunch & Liberty Tree Tavern
Epcot- Le Cellier, Tutto Italia or Tutto Gusto ,sunshine seasons is a MUST!
DHS- Brown Derby & order Peachtree punch! my fave adult drink on property!
DAK- Flaming tree BBQ

DTD- Wolf gang puck cafe express

britdaw

MK- Cinderella's Royal Table was amazing! We had lunch, but I bet dinner would be amazing, with those beautiful stained glass windows lit up by the park lights.
EPCOT- Akershus was great. I highly recommend their breakfast buffet! Also, I don't know if it falls into EPCOT category, but California Grill is absolutely mindblowing. The food was to die for! And don't forget all the great little food booths in World Showcase... There are tons!
AK- We didn't eat much here, so I don't really have any recommendations. Rainforest Cafe was the only place we ate, and it was ok but nothing to write home about.
DHS- 50's Prime Time Cafe is a lot of fun, and the food is delicious!
Disney Springs- You must go to the Ghirardelli place! OMG their desserts are heavenly!

Toad Hall

Ohana is a great choice. Another one of our "staples" is to head over to AKL when AK closes and eat at Boma. In my opinion, it's one of the best all-you-can-eats at WDW, especially if you are a bit of an adventurous eater. Pair it with a flight of South African wines and you're in for a great experience. (and the resort is spectacular for just strolling around)

DisneyJunkie

I would definitely choose Nine Dragons, Coral Reef, and Biergarten in Epcot. (Also Sunshine Seasons for quick service.)

'Ohana is a great choice at the Polynesian for dinner, and Crystal Palace is a great breakfast buffet.

Pizzafari is good at Animal Kingdom and so is Pecos Bills & Cosmic Rays at Magic Kingdom.

bethymouse

Try Spice Road Table in Morocco. It's different, but the food is good. Actually, any table service restaurant is good in World Showcase IMHO.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom