Prince Charming movie in the works at Disney

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://moviehole.net/201592729prince-charming-movie-in-the-works-at-disney

Another day, another day fairytale-flick in development at Disney.

Per The Hollywood Reporter, the studio are moving on a film fixing on Prince Charming.

Matt Fogel wrote the script, while David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films/TV as well as Tripp Vinson are on board to produce.

Though details are under wraps, “Prince Charming” is said to be a revisionist take on the fairy tales.

Mandeville are currently in production on another fairytale--movie “Beauty and the Beast”.

brb1006

Who asked for a film starring Princes Charming? I understand Cinderella, but Prince Charming? He didn't even say a single line in the original film.

brb1006

For the most part, I have been consistently disappointed and unimpressed with Disney's live action films. This will probably be no different.
Call me when they announce a Live-Action "Aristocats" movie which makes Edgar sympathetic and why he dislikes cats.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Call me when they announce a Live-Action "Aristocats" movie which makes Edgar sympathetic and why he dislikes cats.

they tell you why in the cartoon. He mishears the will and thinks the cats will get everything and he will get nothing, unless he takes out the cats. He is a greedy jerk.

Magenta Panther

You know what? I actually felt a bit sorry for Edgar. He had to put up with a LOT in his job as butler, and that dinky room he lived in...I can kind of understand his frustration about the cats getting the money. He's one of those Disney villains I feel a little conflicted about, along with Mother Gothel (hey, she found the flower first!) and Dr. Facilier (a man who sought power from one of the few power sources available for a man of his color and time).

brb1006

You know what? I actually felt a bit sorry for Edgar. He had to put up with a LOT in his job as butler, and that dinky room he lived in...I can kind of understand his frustration about the cats getting the money. He's one of those Disney villains I feel a little conflicted about, along with Mother Gothel (hey, she found the flower first!) and Dr. Facilier (a man who sought power from one of the few power sources available for a man of his color and time).
I'm going to be honest, I started feeling a bit bad for Edgar during scenes where he had to recover his top hat,motorcycle, and the cat's basket. It pretty much went down the drain, when Edgar attempted to burn them inside an oven with the cats trapped inside the bag which he later locks the bag for them to suffocate. It didn't help that Madame Adelaide actually heard the kittens meows but later thinks she's hearing things. So maybe if a Live-Action version of the film ever get made. It might give a backstory on Edgar and his frustration with cats and money.

I'm also imagining Marion Catillard (French Actress) would be perfect casted as Duchess

Magenta Panther

Haven't seen Cinderella yet... I just saw Maleficent for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was atrocious. I'll get to Cinderella eventually.

Saving Mr. Banks was good for what it was, but nothing great.

I haven't seen Maleficent, primarily because EVERYONE I know who saw it hated it. Bummer. :p

I really liked Cinderella. Beautiful film, well-told story.

I loved Saving Mr. Banks. It was good - very good - and I think it got robbed at the Oscars. But at least it was financially successful, thank goodness.

Magenta Panther

I'm going to be honest, I started feeling a bit bad for Edgar during scenes where he had to recover his top hat,motorcycle, and the cat's basket. It pretty much went down the drain, when Edgar attempted to burn them inside an oven with the cats trapped inside the bag which he later locks the bag for them to suffocate. It didn't help that Madame Adelaide actually heard the kittens meows but later thinks she's hearing things. So maybe if a Live-Action version of the film ever get made. It might give a backstory on Edgar and his frustration with cats and money.

I'm also imagining Marion Catillard (French Actress) would be perfect casted as Duchess

The only characters I thoroughly disliked in the Aristocats were those two dogs, viciously attacking anyone who came down "their" road. I just didn't find it funny, aside from the dogs' voices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom