Aladdin's Oasis Fantasmic On-the-Go Package

Kate Alan

Original Poster
Has anyone here done this? We purchased it for our arrival date for a late lunch since we won't hit the parks until mid-afternoon that day and doubt that Fastpasses will still be available otherwise. Not expecting gourmet anything, just hoping it's edible, lol.

Kate Alan

Original Poster
How exactly does this work? It's something I'm considering for my trip.

It looks like it's essentially a box/tray lunch type set up. Options are chicken, lasagna bolognese, or vegetarian lasagna for adults. Kids have pasta options. Comes with a little cheesecake dessert (kids get a Mickey cookie), salad, a dinner roll, and a beverage. The important thing to note is that the Fastpass you receive from this package is apparently a general Fastpass - the same that gets spit out by the machines. It's not preferred seating like Blue Bayou's Fastpass package offers, so if that's something you're looking for, it's not a good option for that.

For us it made sense to do to guarantee us a Fastpass to Fantasmic since we won't get to the parks until 2-3pm at the earliest, after all Fastpasses would likely be distributed for it. I figure that at a $20ish price point it's worth it for us even if the food ends up being terrible.

Mukta

It really will be worth it. The crowds this summer are just insane. I won't bother trying to see Fantasmic! until September. If you haven't see our version before, it is spectacular.

Kate Alan

Original Poster
It really will be worth it. The crowds this summer are just insane. I won't bother trying to see Fantasmic! until September. If you haven't see our version before, it is spectacular.

Thanks. I figured especially with us visiting the week of the actual 60th it would be smart to snag that. I've seen it before but my friend has only seen WDW's so I'm glad she'll get to see the difference!

Mukta

I'll be there that weekend as well. I hope they announce some fun stuff soon. The crowds are just getting to me. I was going to go tonight, but I seriously can't deal with the crowds right now.

habuma

We tried this back in May. Admittedly, it is a bit overpriced for the kind of food you get, but the food wasn't horrible either. We knew that going in, but wanted to be darn sure to get a decent spot for Fantasmic! on the one night we had available to see it. Generally speaking, it's worth it if you really want to be sure to get a good spot for Fantasmic! Otherwise, I'd pass.

Now to explain how well this worked for us...

Our plan would've worked, except for poor guest behavior. One woman, in particular, was so hell-bent on getting to her front-row spot that once they opened up the area for us to enter, she pushed her way through, in-between me and my oldest daughter (who were holding hands when this happened), knocked my daughter over, and shoved her elbow into my daughter's ear so hard that the post on her earring left a mark on the side of her head. The woman got her front row spot and we were left near the back of the space trying to squeeze into the taped off area they had marked off for us.

And now the rest of the story...

I've come to expect rude guest behavior and usually just brush it off. But this was different. This woman's behavior resulted in pain and tears in my daughter's eyes. Had I not done anything, the woman would've been rewarded for it with a front-row spot. So I found the nearest CM, and explained what had happened. The CM first made sure my daughter didn't need medical attention and then gave us a very nice space to view the show from along with a handful of other people with physical disabilities. It's my understanding, although I don't know this to be true, that he was going to make sure that the woman and her family were removed from the show.

The moral of the story: The Aladdins Oasis Fantasmic! package is a bit overpriced, but worth it if you want to get a decent viewing location. But please be respectful of other guests. And under no circumstances hurt my daughter or make her cry or I'll do what I can to ruin your day at Disneyland.

Kate Alan

Original Poster
Thanks for the input! And good for you on going to the CM! I cannot understand why some people just have to be so ridiculous. There's absolutely no need for that kind of behavior. While I would agree DLR's Fantasmic is better than WDW's, it's not worth throwing elbows over or injuring others in your efforts to stampede to your desired spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom