18th Birthday at Disney Help

FuchsiaMuffin

Hello!

I am planning to go to Disney with a friend and maybe my father and sister, for my 18th birthday. Which is on January 18th. My trip is January 18th - 23rd, I can change this date but I do not wish to stay no longer than 6 days. I understand that this is around MLK Day. I have been to Disney in the past for my 8th birthday. I want to know some cheap ways to go to Disney. Me and my friend's current budget is $2,500. That may not be a lot but, we a split paying for everything. My other family is helping, but I do not know how much they are going to get me. Currently we do not wish to go to Sea World or Universal.

Tickets - I know I can get tickets for about $150 at the Base for 4-day hopper than paying $299 for 3-day one without a hopper. So that's a check off my list.

Flight - Last time I checked on a website called Student Universe, tickets were $244 for round trip from Dayton, OH to Orlando, FL on American Airlines. My mother says this is a reasonable price, and told me to leave on a Sunday or Monday even though it is MLK Weekend. I wish to know if there is any cheaper flights. I can leave from Columbus, OH if needed since my dad lives there.

Hotel - Right now, it's saying that All-Star Music/Sports is $95 a night. I wish to stay within the Disney Resort Area, but if nothing is less than $95 I don't mind a 15-20 mile radius. I'm not sure if we are getting a rental car, probably not, so the hotel should have a rental to Disney.

Fun things to do - I don't know if an 18 year old can go into clubs at Downtown Disney. But the two main things I wish to do is Hookah Bar and getting my Fortune Told. Anyone knows where is any close by? Also anything else to do.

If this helps both me and my friend have Military I.D. I wish to leave on my birthday, not before so I do not have to worry about things. I want to know any cheap places. Do we have to change our budget? If it's a problem then we will fix it. After we have these things planned then we are moving on to what to do.

Thanks!

FuchsiaMuffin

Original Poster
If you can utilize these tickets it's well worth it! $170 something for 4 day hopper.

I think the room discounts start at 25% off

25% Discount? How would I present my Military I.D. to them? When I go and check-in to my room? Or when I check-out? Also for entertainment, dining, and other things can I use my military discount?

Upvote 0

rt06

I would jump on $244. That's a good deal. You don't need hopper or DDP. Be resourceful. Eat breakfast in your room. Last trip, we had cereal and oatmeal for all of our breakfasts. I used hot water from the coffee maker for the oatmeal. I even brought a mini blender and made strawberry banana smoothies. Real smug look on my face upon seeing a smoothie go for $5 at the food court. Such a time saver, too. Dining out, take all leftovers in a doggie bag. There's always a microwave around somewhere. Bottled water? Please. Fountain water is the way to go. Hint: The coldest ones are in front of the castle.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. The end justifies the means.

Upvote 0

FuchsiaMuffin

Original Poster
I would jump on $244. That's a good deal. You don't need hopper or DDP. Be resourceful. Eat breakfast in your room. Last trip, we had cereal and oatmeal for all of our breakfasts. I used hot water from the coffee maker for the oatmeal. I even brought a mini blender and made strawberry banana smoothies. Real smug look on my face upon seeing a smoothie go for $5 at the food court. Such a time saver, too. Dining out, take all leftovers in a doggie bag. There's always a microwave around somewhere. Bottled water? Please. Fountain water is the way to go. Hint: The coldest ones are in front of the castle.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. The end justifies the means.
If I purchase my tickets though my Base (I keep forgetting not everyone knows what that is, it's an AFB?) it includes hopper at like $150 something. I don't think I'm going to use it but it may be helpful to me. When it comes to breakfast I just eat bars XD. I guess I will take that advice. I was thinking about taking a water bottle from a theme park I got, could I just use that? Or would they reject it? It's kinda tall and big. I usually take that wherever I go. Dining out? That's a problem. When I go on trips I'm so used of my mom getting fast food every time we eat. I don't eat unless it's appealing to me or when I'm ready to eat (which is about every 3-6 hours) and my friend eats everything and anything. How can we eat and be full without my friend wanting a snack every time she sees one? Is there anything cheap in the park?

Upvote 0

HRHPrincessAriel

If I purchase my tickets though my Base (I keep forgetting not everyone knows what that is, it's an AFB?) it includes hopper at like $150 something. I don't think I'm going to use it but it may be helpful to me. When it comes to breakfast I just eat bars XD. I guess I will take that advice. I was thinking about taking a water bottle from a theme park I got, could I just use that? Or would they reject it? It's kinda tall and big. I usually take that wherever I go. Dining out? That's a problem. When I go on trips I'm so used of my mom getting fast food every time we eat. I don't eat unless it's appealing to me or when I'm ready to eat (which is about every 3-6 hours) and my friend eats everything and anything. How can we eat and be full without my friend wanting a snack every time she sees one? Is there anything cheap in the park?
If it's your grandfather purchasing you won't be able to use. You've got to have that person there to validate tickets at the park. Only spouses and the active duty, veteran, retired member may do so

Upvote 0

rt06

I've done both hopper and no hop and prefer no hop. For four days it may be useful since MK requires two days, but with six you should be fine without. The key is getting to the parks early, which is why we prefer to eat breakfast in the room. It takes all of ten minutes to prepare and eat then, boom, out the door.

I recommend staying on property to take advantage of EMH, especially for late MK EMH. I love MK after dark. 2AM EMHs are so much fun.

Sure, you could bring a water bottle. You can also get water at QS and counters, but I don't like to wait on line for just water.

This person did a portion comparison between the kids' menu and the regular one: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-problem-with-quick-service-food.901577/ Can you tell the difference? Also, the posted menu prices include a side and an often crappy "dessert" consisting of a fruit cup with some unripe melons or some stale, packaged bodega cookie. You can ask for just a burger and the price will be discounted accordingly. That saves about two bucks, I think.

Nothing is cheap in Disney.

Upvote 0

SAV

In your case, I would recommend staying on-site. The off-site shuttle services are usually not the best. They only run limited times to the parks and limited times from the parks. Whereas on-site transportation is much more frequent and direct. Also, staying on-site you can take advantage of Disney's Magical Express which takes you from the airport to your resort and is included in your resort price. Especially if you are splitting the room cost, then the price wouldn't be worth going off-site. And the car rental price increases if you are under 25.

I think you may need to clarify your Military Status to us. I was very confused by your answers above. You mention "your base" and that you have a military ID. Are you active, retired or a veteran? Or are you on base because of a family member? That will determine if you can take the Military discounts.

Upvote 0

HRHPrincessAriel

May I suggest getting a Chase visa or chase atm card... You can save 30 percent at the resort hotels, plus points to use in the parks and many more benefits I have provided a link... shhhh lets keep this between us. The parks are crowded enough lol
https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/disney.htm
Since when do you get extra 30% off with the Visa card? If you didn't it wouldn't ever be off the value resorts

Upvote 0

disney160

Ok ,I am going to guess at what your question or questions are? Hmmm Are you stating that with a CHASE Visa you can NOT get 30 percent off? If that is the Question you are wrong because I did. Now I am going to guess that some how the opening of your next line you are agreeing with me which confuses me even more. Now as far a valve resorts . I have never stay at one . so, I do not know. I am in love with the GF.... I am simply presenting another option for this person to save money. Disregard whatever I post ,it was not meant for you... Like everyone else here I am passionated about Disney. I could care less about Chase and credit cards in general . I only use one to help pay for my yearly Disney Vacation.

Upvote 0

HolleBolleGijs

Ok ,I am going to guess at what your question or questions are? Hmmm Are you stating that with a CHASE Visa you can NOT get 30 percent off? If that is the Question you are wrong because I did. Now I am going to guess that some how the opening of your next line you are agreeing with me which confuses me even more. Now as far a valve resorts . I have never stay at one . so, I do not know. I am in love with the GF.... I am simply presenting another option for this person to save money. Disregard whatever I post ,it was not meant for you... Like everyone else here I am passionated about Disney. I could care less about Chase and credit cards in general . I only use one to help pay for my yearly Disney Vacation.

My guess is that you were able to use a general public discount early with the Chase card. It's the same discount everyone else gets.

Just using the Chase card doesn't get you a discount - I know, my mom has one, and we've researched it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom