What did you do?

Texas84

I'm baaaack! Had an amazing 10 days in Europe: Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, and France. Didn't run at all, but according to DH's Fitbit, we walked over 10 miles nearly everyday in sightseeing. We did all sorts of cool stuff like climbing to the highest point in Germany (Zugsptize), and jumping off a bridge into a river in Switzerland, and going to the top of the Eiffel Tower in France. But I know what you guys want to hear about it Disneyland Paris. I'll definitely post pics and write a full trip report about our day there in the Disney Paris forum as soon as I can, but suffice it to say we had a blast. My favorite attraction was Ratatouille. Plan to do a short run later today despite the jet lag.

PS - Love the spinner one-arm bandits medal @Mad Stitch!

Welcome back! Yes or no: Is DLP worth it? :)

JillC LI

Welcome back! Yes or no: Is DLP worth it? :)

Heck yeah! We were able to experience almost all the big name attractions in our one short day there: Crush, RNRC, Ratatouille, Armageddon, Phantom Manor, POC, Indiana Jones coaster, TOT, BTMRR and Buzz. We also did the castle walkthrough including the dragon lair underneath, Alice's Labyrinth, and saw Animagique. Space Mtn was closed, and we didn't have time for most of Fantasyland.
I will give longer thoughts on each attraction in my trip report, but overall, it was a great day. Unfortunately, we couldn't stay for Disney Dreams at 11pm closing because we had an hour train ride back to Paris and had to be up at 5:45am for a flight home the next day.

Had it been just my husband and myself in Paris, we might have felt that it was too much of a luxury to visit DLP and take out time from the short amount that we had to sightsee in Paris. However, the kids' tolerance for sightseeing was limited, and we had spent the entire previous day exploring the city, so it was the right thing to do on this family trip, and I'm really glad I got to experience it.

LindsayLoves

@JillC LI - welcome back! I have saved your trip report for lunchtime reading today.

Yesterday - 6.11 miles @9:01/mi pace. I was supposed to do a 'regular' run as my training plan calls it which means this was a bit slow per those standards but seeing that it was in the high 80s and over 90% humidity I will take it. I made two stops at water fountains and even gave a tourist directions to the Guggenheim w/o stopping my watch so I will definitely take it..

Today - Rest. My legs are t-i-r-e-d today. I somehow forgot what marathon training feels like and this is it.

JillC LI

First pre-work run since my RA diagnosis this past winter. Really enjoyed my 4 mile run at 5:30am this morning. So much easier to fit a run into the day when you finish it before the day even begins. I hope I can keep this up.

Texas84

Foam roller is saving me right now. Learned I need to also work the sides and front of the legs, not just the back. Found a knot.

LindsayLoves

@Texas84 - the foam roller can do so much, I found a foam roller class on Daily Burn and I was amazed at how much I was missing out on.

Friday - 4.5 miles at MGP from work directly to happy hour, wonderful motivation to run fast
Saturday - 10 miles, my legs were shot from everything I had done that week, one of the worst 'long runs' I have had in quite some time
Sunday - rest
Monday and Tuesday - nothing
Wednesday - 5 miles @ 8:40/mi, legs felt great even with the high humidity this was a really good and fun run.

I've decided to pull out of my fall marathon. I am not injured or anything but financially it is the best decision. We have a wedding the weekend after the race that is turning out to be a lot pricier than we expected (Columbus Day weekend + Vermont + peak leaf peeping season = $$$).
I might still do a fall marathon if it is local or I have a free place to stay - thinking Brooklyn or Philadelphia. My run yesterday was so excellent because I just went out and ran, no plan or expectation or hitting certain paces, it was wonderful.

Texas84

Finished my 3-3-3 for the week. Used Map My Run to plot out a relatively flat 3-miler to give my foot a break. Reduced the elevation change from 170 to 70.

JillC LI

4 miles early this morning. Gorgeous cool weather. I've been running without a watch of any sort lately because my Garmin is utterly dead. Kinda freeing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom