The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
speaking of Paris, how expensive was it?
My mother went last year and she said its halluva expensive (food specially)

It wasn't the cheapest city I've been in but London was more expensive. In Paris we ate in cafes and the meals would average about 50 euros. We usually ordered drinks (a soda for hubby and a beer for me), a main dish, and at least one dessert. I loved that the beer was usually the same price as a soda.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Our second day was hubby's birthday. The Eiffel Tower was the main part of our agenda today. We were really impressed with the Tower and yep we went up to the very top!

There was a boulangerie near our hotel, so we had a chocolate pave (basically a chocolate croissant with a creamy filling) for breakfast.
IMG_6699.JPG

At the Eiffel Tower
IMG_6710.JPG IMG_6713.JPG

A typical Parisian street corner
IMG_6715.JPG

We found a monument to Ben Franklin in the area near the Tower
IMG_6721.JPG IMG_6727.JPG

View from the second level
IMG_6735.JPG

a mini statue of liberty
IMG_6737.JPG

IMG_6741.JPG IMG_6752.JPG
Us on the second level

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Our lunch on the Rue Cler (a street that Rick Steve's recommends in his guides as having good food and a variety of shopping)
Started with some yummy bread
IMG_6801.JPG IMG_6802.JPG

Hubby was excited to have Coke Zero everywhere we went in France, since that rarely happens here in the states.
IMG_6805.JPG

Croque monsieur sandwich and a croquet madame
IMG_6807.JPG IMG_6809.JPG IMG_6808.JPG

Then we went across the street to the Pastisserie for dessert and got some eclairs
IMG_6811.JPG
IMG_6814.JPG IMG_6816.JPG

Heading to Napoleon's tomb
IMG_6818.JPG

brb1006

Good afternoon. :)
I read that in Russell's voice
russell-up.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Hi guys. We got in at about 2 pm yesterday. I had been up for almost 24 hours as I did not sleep at all on either flight, so when I got home, I took care of some things and then went to bed, at which point I had been up for 24 hours. I've only been up for a few hours since (Between 6-8:30 pm and 11:30 pm-1 am). Rather exhausted. I'll post pic and/or a trip report soon!:)

Goofyernmost

I have a silly question. I'm not sure if we should book a hotel for the ride north or just wing it. After checking out of the condo the plan is to stop at DTD and maybe the outlets, we have no clue how much if any time will be spent shopping. Do you think we should wing it? Book before going down? Or wait until a few days before we leave and get an idea of what we'll do? The first option will be the cheapest, but we'll either feel rushed or wind up at a hotel too far south. THNX
In today's world of the internet, I would wait until you are about ready to leave (maybe a day or two before) and then decide what you want to do. Just stay off the highways if the driver gets tired, (no matter how great a driver that they think they might be), your life could depend on it. OK, Daddy preaching is over now, carry on do whatever you feel is right for you.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hi guys. We got in at about 2 pm yesterday. I had been up for almost 24 hours as I did not sleep at all on either flight, so when I got home, I took care of some things and then went to bed, at which point I had been up for 24 hours. I've only been up for a few hours since (Between 6-8:30 pm and 11:30 pm-1 am). Rather exhausted. I'll post pic and/or a trip report soon!:)

Try to get some rest. I'm still trying to deal with the time changes too.

brb1006

While Epcot never had a theme song, I always thought the tune heard for Illuminations from 8:36 - 9:29 served as the park's unofficial theme song. Especially since this was heard in the opening movie for Epcot's 30th Anniversary at D23 years ago. Am I the only person who thought this was Epcot's theme song?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Our lunch on the Rue Cler (a street that Rick Steve's recommends in his guides as having good food and a variety of shopping)
Started with some yummy bread
View attachment 100083 View attachment 100084

Hubby was excited to have Coke Zero everywhere we went in France, since that rarely happens here in the states.
View attachment 100085

Croque monsieur sandwich and a croquet madame
View attachment 100086 View attachment 100088 View attachment 100087

Then we went across the street to the Pastisserie for dessert and got some eclairs
View attachment 100089
View attachment 100090 View attachment 100091

Heading to Napoleon's tomb
View attachment 100092
Thank you all the pics are amazing, BTW my ds loved them also.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just glad you're home safe and sound. Take your time and get some rest! xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
-
In today's world of the internet, I would wait until you are about ready to leave (maybe a day or two before) and then decide what you want to do. Just stay off the highways if the driver gets tired, (no matter how great a driver that they think they might be), your life could depend on it. OK, Daddy preaching is over now, carry on do whatever you feel is right for you.
Thanks dad!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom