Annual Passes and Magic Bands for Reservation

Vipor51

Original Poster
So if I go ahead and purchase annual passes through Member Services how will my MagicBands work? Will I link my passes to the Bands that are sent to me close to my reservation or will I get separate Bands?

I just want to make sure that my reservation, dining plan, and passes are all linked appropriatly for this years trip and next years trip.

Any info or reccomendations for me?

Thanks!

DisDadWoz

You will get a set of bands for being an AP holder. You will then get different bands for any resort reservation you make. If you have everything linked to your MDE everything will be put on the bands you use at check in at the resort. Make sure the bands you bring show as "active" on your MDE and everything should be just fine.

Bob and April

What if I wait to claim my passes until May 2016, does that change anything?

I don't recall having received bands after purchasing AP's but we received some after making the resort reservations. (We all have several bands from multiple trips, so that wasn't a concern). Regardless, you'll have your bands before your trip. You will activate the AP's when you go into the park for the first time, and they will link the AP's to each band. I believe there's a counter labeled specifically for AP's. The one year on your AP will begin to run on that date. There's no reason to activate the AP early. When you activate the AP at the park, you'll receive an AP card which gets you discounts on some things.

DisDadWoz

After taking a few years off from the AP we bought new ones and activated them in March 2015. We went to the International gateway at Epcot to do that. We already had Magic Bands for the March stay so when we activated the AP's we received hard card passes so we could get into Epcot that day. After that the Magic Bands worked the rest of the trip. About a month later we received the notice (or at least when I noticed) that we were able to order new bands for being AP holders. Those came with the "2015 Annual Passholder" slider. So long story short activate your AP's in 2016 at the park and you will be good to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom