Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

RobbinsDad

While Cars will certainly have a bigger presence than they do now in the new Pixar Place/Land/World/Universe, I doubt they would simply copy the DCA version. It's "Pixar" land for a reason - WDW will have something that focuses on all the bigger Pixar properties not just Cars. Considering how much The Incredibles is still on the radar after 11 years, I think it's a no-brainer they will get an attraction. If it's not too late in the planning process, Inside Out will be included. And while I'm playing imagineer, think of how awesome a huge Carl Fredrickson balloon house replica would be as the new Pixar Place icon!

doctornick

I do believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that Guardians is one of the Marvel franchises Disney could use on the East Coast because it wasnt part of the big Marvel/Universal deal. But I could have wrong info, but it would be awesome to see a GOTG ride or even the meet and greets back.

It's been pretty well established (even WDW1974 confirmed it) that GotG is free to use for WDW. And is reflected in the fact that they have done a M&G/dance party and a movie preview for GotG inside the parks. Contrast that to, say, Ant-Man which is getting a movie preview at DLR but not WDW (or any of the monorail wraps for Marvel movies which had to be on the MK loop since it did not enter a park).

Edit: But it's worth noting that even if they put a GotG attraction in DHS, they couldn't use the Marvel name/branding due to the contract with Uni.

Last edited:

mahnamahna101

All I heard was a Guardians LPS was blue sky to replace the GMR. Since that's now safe for at least five years I don't know.
Surprised they wouldn't just lay out DHS like this:

Echo Lake/expansion pad behind Star Tours - Star Wars/Indiana Jones
Muppets/Mama Melrose/Pizza Planet/Christmas Shop/Premier Theater - Muppets
LMA/Backlot Tour - Marvel/Incredibles
rest of SoA/Animation Courtyard/pad between RnRC & Animation - rest of Pixar Place expansion
Sunset and Hollywood - same (with the removal of the RnRC bottleneck and a B&TB replacement the exception)

Then GMR could stay, while we get a major addition not related to Star Wars or Pixar, and WDW gets some sort of Marvel presence. I know it's just armchair Imagineering, but it makes far more sense to expand the DHS attraction count rather than shutter an all-ages people-eater like GMR for a slightly lower-capacity E. This park needs more to do, not less.

I'm assuming the deal is that Universal can use the MCU version of the Avengers (Iron Man, Spidey, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, etc), while Disney gets to use GotG/BH6 in the parks?

GeneralZod

The percent of people who will also visit Disneyland in their lifetime is a tiny fraction of the total population of WDW guests. Of that small percentage, some subset of them would actually be bothered by a cloned ride. Of that subset, an even smaller subset would actually do anything (i.e. not visit) about it. It makes absolutely no sense to make hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars decisions based on such a small group of people, the majority of whom are the most hardcore Disneyphiles on earth and will continue to visit and spend regardless.
Oh I don't disagree with you at all. I'm not saying it is the better business decision...it's just what I personally want. :)

GrumpyFan

Surprised they wouldn't just lay out DHS like this:

Echo Lake/expansion pad behind Star Tours - Star Wars/Indiana Jones
Muppets/Mama Melrose/Pizza Planet/Christmas Shop/Premier Theater - Muppets
LMA/Backlot Tour - Marvel/Incredibles
rest of SoA/Animation Courtyard/pad between RnRC & Animation - rest of Pixar Place expansion
Sunset and Hollywood - same (with the removal of the RnRC bottleneck and a B&TB replacement the exception)

Considering the thoughts along these lines, and the imminent future, is anybody else worried about the park "vibe" or feel being effected? I've always enjoyed this park because of the entrance (Hollywood Blvd), and the streetmosphere. I'm not saying I don't want to see changes to the park, but there's just something about the feel that I get in the area of Hollywood and Sunset, that's like no other. It would seem that these two areas will stay as-is, but I just have to wonder what the mix of attractions and themes will result in for the park vibe. I know Disney Imagineering has the ability to work thru all this and create a balance, but I'm still worried about it.

GrumpyFan

...yesterday evening James Gunn, who directed Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and is currently in pre-production on its sequel, held a periscope chat where he didn’t talk too much about the sequel, but I’m told he did mention how excited he was about an upcoming Disney World ride based on Guardians of the Galaxy. Wait? Could that even happen? Gunn has since deleted the periscope, so perhaps he leaked something he wasn’t supposed to?

Hmm, a pre-mature leak? Or, just mis-spoke of something?
The plot thickens...

PhotoDave219

All I heard was a Guardians LPS was blue sky to replace the GMR. Since that's now safe for at least five years I don't know.

You realize we've now opened up Pandora's box of Marvel fanboys, right? Because it looks like director James gunn said something about a theme park attraction and it very well looks like he confused Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

I guess now would be a good time to remind everybody that the most recent capital expenditures approved by the Board of Directors only have marvel attractions going in at Disney's California adventure?

Because if it's one thing you can depend on with the Walt Disney Company is there ridiculous bureaucracy it will allow us the ability to know what's going to happen before it's officially announced… Thank God…

Communicore

I didn't read through the whole thread, but does this new project involve Echo Lake being paved over and Gertie being moved or given the Horizons treatment?

doctornick

I guess now would be a good time to remind everybody that the most recent capital expenditures approved by the Board of Directors only have marvel attractions going in at Disney's California adventure?

I don't see how you can say "only" there. It's been established that the capital expenditures will include Marvel content for DLR. It has not been established that Marvel content is only going into DLR. In fact, we don't know much of anything when it comes to details of what is coming to DHS (and WDW in general).

With a $2-3B budget going to DHS, it's certainly possible that a GotG attraction could be among the content headed to that park. In fact, it would even make sense from Disney's prospective to built a GotG ride simultaneously on both coasts (a la Little Mermaid) to spread out development costs.

PhotoDave219

I don't see how you can say "only" there. It's been established that the capital expenditures will include Marvel content for DLR. It has not been established that Marvel content is only going into DLR. In fact, we don't know much of anything when it comes to details of what is coming to DHS (and WDW in general).

With a $2-3B budget going to DHS, it's certainly possible that a GotG attraction could be among the content headed to that park. In fact, it would even make sense from Disney's prospective to built a GotG ride simultaneously on both coasts (a la Little Mermaid) to spread out development costs.

My people say Marvel to DCA.

Split the hair however you want.

doctornick

My people say Marvel to DCA.

Split the hair however you want.

Who is "splitting hair"? I'm not arguing about Marvel going into DCA which is established; I'm saying that doesn't prevent Marvel (what Marvel could be used) from going into WDW as well.

I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make. If you are suggesting that we know with certainty that no Marvel is coming to DHS/WDW, feel free to say it. But it seems to me that we don't really have any details about the specifics of what will be built at DHS with the $2-3B so it's entirely possible that a GotG attraction could be among the stuff planned for the park. @marni1971 has already mentioned that there was some blue sky stuff for GotG going into the GMR space; it wouldn't be a stretch to find out that such plans have morphed into a different attraction at a different location in the park.

PhotoDave219

Who is "splitting hair"? I'm not arguing about Marvel going into DCA which is established; I'm saying that doesn't prevent Marvel (what Marvel could be used) from going into WDW as well.

I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make. If you are suggesting that we know with certainty that no Marvel is coming to DHS/WDW, feel free to say it. But it seems to me that we don't really have any details about the specifics of what will be built at DHS with the $2-3B so it's entirely possible that a GotG attraction could be among the stuff planned for the park. @marni1971 has already mentioned that there was some blue sky stuff for GotG going into the GMR space; it wouldn't be a stretch to find out that such plans have morphed into a different attraction at a different location in the park.

And if we listed every blue sky thing ever made it we would be here for a week…

I'm not arguing about this because it's very very very very simple. The budgetary people have given is zero indication that Marvel is coming to the East Coast Disney parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom