Disney Dining Solo

sconti

On past solo trips I really enjoyed dining solo at the bar in the signature restaurants; California Grill and Jiko (the little bar inside the restaurant, not Victoria Falls) being most memorable. Allows you to enjoy some gourmet food, in a beautiful space and still conversing with the bartender and patron around you if you wish.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I went as a solo traveler in March and it was only for a couple days so I only did quick service. Had I been there longer I probably would have eaten at some of the lounges.

buttercup14

I find the buffet's are great for when i'm solo! I can eat however much i want/don't want and don't have to wait for food so don't have to worry about feeling akward while waiting. The one character meal i did solo i had a bad experience, more because it was really crowded and i was in a bad mood and tired that day, with that said i've planned lot's of character meals for my upcoming solo trip. I say eat where ever you want to eat!

disneyincinci

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the input. I think I'll be doing counter service. I'll only be there for a few days and all of the character meals I want to do are booked.

Matt_Black

Thanks so much for the input. I think I'll be doing counter service. I'll only be there for a few days and all of the character meals I want to do are booked.

Well, keep checking periodically. You never know when something will open up. Other good non-character table service meal choices would be 50s Prime Time Cafe, Biergarten, and Teppan Edo.

KLinder7

I've gone solo my past 4-5 trips. Went to multiple character meals, love Tusker for breakfast btw, but also regular ADRs too. If worried about pictures, just be friendly to your neighbor and I'm sure they will be happy to take a photo or two.

jaklgreen

I go solo every year and eat wherever I want to. I don't plan my dining any different because I am by myself. If I want to eat there I do. I have done signature, buffets, teppan, pretty much all types of dining by myself. There is no reason for you to sit only at the bar of a restaurant, I always get a table and never feel awkward. Boma is one of my favorites and always eat there.

Hockey89

I go solo every year and eat wherever I want to. I don't plan my dining any different because I am by myself. If I want to eat there I do. I have done signature, buffets, teppan, pretty much all types of dining by myself. There is no reason for you to sit only at the bar of a restaurant, I always get a table and never feel awkward. Boma is one of my favorites and always eat there.
Agreed....But I do love a great bar tender and bar...Crews cup :)

rt06

I would make a visit to AKL. You will not feel alone there and they have the best homemade chips in the world.

Matt Deitz

I have gone solo the last 5 years (8 trips) and love it! I never hesitate to go to a TS restaurant by myself. I've not done any character meals, yet! Always, go and enjoy!

Here is a list of the places I have been solo:
50s Prime Time
Be Our Guest
Beaches & Cream
Boma
Bongos
Brown Derby
California Grill
Cape May
Citricos
Columbia Harbor House
Flying Fish
Grand Floridian Café
Kona
Kouzzina
La Cantina de San Angel
Le Cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern
Nine Dragons
Planet Hollywood
The Plaza
Ragland Road
Rose & Crown
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Tony’s Town Square
The Wave
Yak & Yeti

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've done 2 solo trips and have dined at Chefs de France, Brown Derby, BOG, several resort restaurants (GF & WL) and several in DTD. My suggestion would be to avoid those like Raglan Road (unless you sit at the bar). You can order whatever appeals to you without the "yuck, you're ordering that?! :eek: " from your dinner companions.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom