If child is slightly too short to use Fastpass+, then what?

TwoEars

Original Poster
What if my son is measured by a CM and comes up too short to ride a coaster even though I have reserved a fastpass+ for him? Will someone else be able to ride a 2nd time instead of him? Or can a cast member give him a fastpass for a different ride on the spot without waiting in line at a fastpass kiosk? Also, if I reserve a fastpass+ for him, and he IS tall enough, but chickens out - can someone else in our party put on his magicband and go on the ride a second time?

My son is just under the 48" mark depending on his shoes. He still has a few months to grow before our trip but I have to reserve fastpasses now before I know if he'll pass the 48" mark. Any advice? Luckily 47" will get him onto almost everything. Thanks!

HolleBolleGijs

I've read on here that someone else can use the Fastpass, since it's just linked to the magic band. If he's too short, you can just take his band instead of your own and use it to get on the ride!

I've never actually done this, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Tom

Beta Return
If he chickens out after entering the queue, the FP is gone.

If he's never admitted to the queue, someone else in the party can use it for a quick repeat. He would need his band back immediately after, since it's still his ticket.

jgj123

If he chickens out after entering the queue, the FP is gone.

If he's never admitted to the queue, someone else in the party can use it for a quick repeat. He would need his band back immediately after, since it's still his ticket.
The FastPass isn't considered used until you pass the second scanning station and join the final boarding line, so anytime prior to that you can exit the line and reuse it - we ended up in that situation where several in our group started to enter the fast pass line but we decided to get a snack first and the CM told us this and sure enough they were right.

PinnySmart

BTW...no the cast member will not give him another fastpass on the spot for another attraction. Someone else can use his band or it can be changed in the app or at a kiosk.

erasure fan1

What if my son is measured by a CM and comes up too short to ride a coaster even though I have reserved a fastpass+ for him? Will someone else be able to ride a 2nd time instead of him? Or can a cast member give him a fastpass for a different ride on the spot without waiting in line at a fastpass kiosk? Also, if I reserve a fastpass+ for him, and he IS tall enough, but chickens out - can someone else in our party put on his magicband and go on the ride a second time?

My son is just under the 48" mark depending on his shoes. He still has a few months to grow before our trip but I have to reserve fastpasses now before I know if he'll pass the 48" mark. Any advice? Luckily 47" will get him onto almost everything. Thanks!
If he can't/won't ride, also grab a baby swap. Then someone else can use his fastpass, plus with the baby swap 3 people can then ride as well, so 4 people can go again.

UnhealthilyObsessed

Just get him these:
Maxstar-Super-Double-Platform-Sneakers.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom