FIRST TIMER

Minnie Melia

Original Poster
Hello! So, this Halloween, will be my first time going to WDW! (And Florida) I am beyond excited... I'm going with my boyfriend and his family:) I was wondering, is it true you get a badge saying something like 'A FIRST TIMER' from your hotel, or somewhere in the park? I'd love to wear something like that, and have as a keepsake to mark this special occasion for me ^_^

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hello! So, this Halloween, will be my first time going to WDW! (And Florida) I am beyond excited... I'm going with my boyfriend and his family:) I was wondering, is it true you get a badge saying something like 'A FIRST TIMER' from your hotel, or somewhere in the park? I'd love to wear something like that, and have as a keepsake to mark this special occasion for me ^_^
Yes. It is true. You should note it on your reservation if you are staying on site, and mention it at check in (though, if you note it on your reservation, they'll probably already have it in your check in packet!).

If you are staying offsite, you just need to stop by guest services and ask for one on your way into the park.

SW_matt

You are in for a treat! I have been in halloween before and will be going this one as well and it is awesome! (its pretty awesome as it normally goes but halloween is my favourite time!) yes it is true, I believe you just approach a cast member and they can get one sorted for you

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Here's what it looks like.

first-visit-button.png

Minnie Melia

Original Poster
Yes. It is true. You should note it on your reservation if you are staying on site, and mention it at check in (though, if you note it on your reservation, they'll probably already have it in your check in packet!).

If you are staying offsite, you just need to stop by guest services and ask for one on your way into the park.
I don't know if we did that or not, but I can let them know:) Thank you! :joyfull:

Minnie Melia

Original Poster
You are in for a treat! I have been in halloween before and will be going this one as well and it is awesome! (its pretty awesome as it normally goes but halloween is my favourite time!) yes it is true, I believe you just approach a cast member and they can get one sorted for you
I am so excited to be finally going, after growing up wishing to:) If I get this badge I'll wear it everywhere!

SW_matt

Ocotober is a great time to be there, the weather is still great without being overpowering (I still have to go back to the resort during the hottest part of the day as I'm from the UK and it can be freezing here) and the crowds are also a lot lesser than they can be so queues are also not too bad! I last went in March 2009 and it was unbelievable because the schools were on holiday at that time!!

Minnie Melia

Original Poster
Ocotober is a great time to be there, the weather is still great without being overpowering (I still have to go back to the resort during the hottest part of the day as I'm from the UK and it can be freezing here) and the crowds are also a lot lesser than they can be so queues are also not too bad! I last went in March 2009 and it was unbelievable because the schools were on holiday at that time!!
I'm from Ireland, so I completely understand weather talk! That's great news to hear so! Yes, I know this trip will be -a lot- warmer than Ireland at that time! As for the crowds, I do expect it to still be busy, but not as much during the week days!

Ariel4711

I am so excited to be finally going, after growing up wishing to:) If I get this badge I'll wear it everywhere!

My husband and I are taking our daughters for a surprise, first time trip to WDW in December, so I know exactly how you feel! (Neither he or I have ever been and, obviously, our daughters haven't either.)

I have been dreaming of going since I was a little girl also and I am BEYOND excited and sure you are too! I hope you have a magical time!! :)

harryk

Thank you for that nice message! I hope you and your family have a great time too! That will be nice, Christmas time! I was in Disneyland Paris just last Christmas, and it's so pretty walking around with the lights and decorations and mulled wine! I hope you have a wonderful first trip also! :)
Don't forget to think of something to wear (costume wise) if attending Mickey's NSSHP!!

John

Just a little advice to both of you first timers.....first you have made a great choice by coming here for advice. But I would advise you both to talk to as many people as you can who have been to WDW.......maybe find someone who has been many times. When visiting WDW knowledge will be your best friend, preparation is essential. The trip can be very overwhelming. Do as much research as you can possibly fit in your brain. Disney has made trip planning more difficult and if not prepared you can become frustrated quickly. Don't expect to do and see everything. Its nearly impossible. Narrow down what is "must do's" Get them out of the way then you can experience other things as you go along. Schedule down time....you will thank me later.

Most people will say use a travel agent....which I would agree with. I was one myself. But if they havnt been....they will only be of marginal use. Use this site and a couple others for information. If you want to know which sites are useful drop me a PM.

Tiggertoo56

I'm from Ireland, so I completely understand weather talk! That's great news to hear so! Yes, I know this trip will be -a lot- warmer than Ireland at that time! As for the crowds, I do expect it to still be busy, but not as much during the week days!
Also from the UK and last went Oct/Nov last year. Crowds can be heavy and whatever the weather it will be warmer! Plan well for what you want to do & don't expect to do it all in 1 trip - we've been 6 times in total over the past few years and so many things change you just have to go back. MNSSHP is fantastic and you will love it. Build in some down time. Which resort are you staying at? Do you have any other celebration when you are there as not only can you get 1st visit pins but birthday or anniversary ones too and be sure to look for the special Halloween pins which you can buy at the party. Enjoy planning and the trip when you get there.

WDWHMHUNTER

October is the best time to go hands down !!!! Weather is perfect not to hot or cold , attraction lines are not bad at all , you picked an excellent time to go have fun and research so you dont get overwhelmed !!!!!

NonnaT

Welcome, welcome, welcome!:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Ariel4711

Just a little advice to both of you first timers.....first you have made a great choice by coming here for advice. But I would advise you both to talk to as many people as you can who have been to WDW.......maybe find someone who has been many times.
Definitely doing that! I have looked at All Ears, WDW Prep School and a few others, in addition to this site. I also keep consulting -- maybe more like interrogating? lol -- my cousin, who has gone to WDW with her son & husband somewhere around 13 times in the last 4 years. (I've lost track as to how many times they've been. Even she has, to be honest lol)

When visiting WDW knowledge will be your best friend, preparation is essential. The trip can be very overwhelming. Do as much research as you can possibly fit in your brain. Disney has made trip planning more difficult and if not prepared you can become frustrated quickly. Don't expect to do and see everything. Its nearly impossible. Narrow down what is "must do's" Get them out of the way then you can experience other things as you go along. Schedule down time....you will thank me later.
Definitely doing LOTS of research and keeping lots of notes. I have a must-do list that my husband and I have made, and we are definitely planning on fitting in some down time. I've heard the pool at AOA is awesome, so we definitely want to check it out. Just hope the temperature won't be too cool since we'll be there in December.

Most people will say use a travel agent....which I would agree with. I was one myself. But if they havnt been....they will only be of marginal use. Use this site and a couple others for information. If you want to know which sites are useful drop me a PM.
I will definitely PM you for more info, THANK YOU!! :)

SAV

The best advice for a first timer is to get this book and read it...maybe a couple of times:
ug_books_2015.jpg

Planning and knowledge are key to successful and great trip.

If you are going to use a travel agent, then use one who specializes in Disney World and not just any travel agent. I have heard great things about Kingdom Konsultants, who are very active on these boards.

PrincessVic

Another UK visitor here, and we love coming in October. The weather is usually wonderful, the parks aren't too busy either. And MNSSHP is just amazing, I am about to start making my costume for this years party. We are bringing my mother-in-law for her first visit at 70, she will have a badge as soon as we arrive! Enjoy your first visit, it won't be your last!!!! x

KikoKea

The Fall decorations are beautiful at MK and it is my favorite time- you'll have a wonderful visit, I know! But, take John's advice and read as much as you can before going and take notes with you. I take a 'cheat sheet' of things we want to see or do, even though my DH and I have been many times, usually smaller things like trying the croissant donut in WS and waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow, or looking for a ride or building detaiI. You'll have enough to do just taking in everything around you, but if you feel you need something else, you might want to look for Hidden Mickeys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom