AK or MK on Nov. 27?

Dean1953

to get more value out of our Annual Passes (and to help make it up for several family members getting sick during our stay over the holidays), myself and my 7 year old son will be staying at Old Key West from November 21-27. We plan sticking with Josh's park recommendations for the 22-25, and probably park hopping quite a bit. I would be inclined to go to AK on Thanksgiving (and park hop to MK at night) but we leave on the next day at 3:30 PM, which means that we have to be ready for our Magical Express bus no later than 12:30. AK is the least recommended park but does have early hour, starting at 7. Or, we can go to the recommended park, MK, at 8. In either case, we are going to have to book FP's starting at 8. Would leaving either park by bus at 11 give us enough time to get back to OKW by noon (we will have checked out and used the airline check in procedure at hotel)? Does having 4 hours at AK over 3 at MK make that much difference, particularly since 3 of the rides ww will be using FP's? If we go to AK on our last day, I doubt that we will go there on Thanksgiving, so maybe a full morning there, with a break in the afternoon, and back for the night time attractions.

bee

The problem with going to AK in the morning and hopping to another park is that the second park may have reached capacity and you may be denied entry.

Upvote 0

Dean1953

Original Poster
Since I'm staying at a Disney resort and have an Annual Pass, I would only be denied entry during a phase 4 closure and in the last 5 years, MK has only had a phase 4 once, during Easter break. If it did happen, I'd park hop to Hollywood Studios on Thansgiving.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Just to play the devil's advocate, would you even want to go into MK, if its reached capacity (and only letting you in because you're an AP holder?) I mean if its that full, I'm not sure how enjoyable it may be - just my $.02

Upvote 0

Dean1953

Original Poster
From what I understand, the parks, if they reach capacity, it's in the afternoon and not at night. I was at Disney world from December 21 through January 10 and went to HS on NYE and it was crowded but only affected us while watching the fireworks at midnight. I assume that Thanksgiving week isn't that bad. I have an ADR at both Liberty Tree and Biergarten for Thanksgiving evening, so I'll play it by ear.

Upvote 0

stichrules

To answer your original question, yes leaving at 11 should allow you enough time. Also, not sure what you mean by checking out. Unless you have charged items to the room and need to pay cash, you do not need to check out at all. You can do airline check in the morning before you leave for the park. I believe they start at 6 AM. Also, you can leave any bags you wish to carry on the airplane with the baggage people at OKW and retrieve them when you return to take the ME to the airport.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom