My Disney Experiance

wish upon a star

Original Poster
Question, I am a newbie to this forum and also a newbie to WDW. We are going at the end of January to MK just for 1 day on our way down for a cruise. (it is not a Disney cruise) This was a tack on to our trip because we had not intended on taking our dd until she was more like 6. She will be 4 when we go. Anyway that's not the point of my question. I set up a MDE account and made reservations through Disney and I can see my reservations on my account but it does not show the date specifically that we plan to visit the park. We are staying 2 nights at Pop Century. We arrive on a Thursday and plan to go to the park on Friday then we leave on Saturday but it doesn't show what day our tickets are for, is that a problem? Does it need to show the specific day.
2nd question on fastpass, I know I can book 60 days out, I tried to just pretend like I wanted to book FPes but it say's I don't have any tickets linked. Is that because I'm outside of the 60 day window? I just don't want to get to my 60 day time frame and it's not right to where I can't make my fp times b/c I don't know what I'm doing. Sorry it just all seems so confusing to me I guess because I'm new. Thanks!

HolleBolleGijs

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but did you actually purchase a park ticket? If you purchase park admission when you make your hotel reservation, it should automatically be linked to your account. If you purchased your parks tickets from somewhere other than Disney directly, you will need to link it to your MDE profile using the number on the physical ticket.

In any case, park admission is not associated with specific dates. It wouldn't tell you what day you're planning on visiting the park, since you could theoretically use the admission ticket any one day until it expires.

wish upon a star

Original Poster
Yes I bought tickets and room reservations at the same time. I can see that I have tickets purchased but I guess I figured that when I went to try to book the gpc it would tell me I was too far out to book instead it acts like I don't have any tickets purchased. Does that make sense?

Rob562

Yes I bought tickets and room reservations at the same time. I can see that I have tickets purchased but I guess I figured that when I went to try to book the gpc it would tell me I was too far out to book instead it acts like I don't have any tickets purchased. Does that make sense?

Since tickets that are part of a package reservation can't be used until the day you check into the resort, the system won't give you FP+ availability until you're 60 days out from your checkin date.

If you'd bought the tickets separately and linked them, you'd have the ability to book FP+ for the next 30 days from today's date, since for all the system knows you could potentially go to Orlando this weekend and use the ticket then. In addition to that 30-days-from-current-day window you'd then also get access starting with your checkin date when you're 60 days out. (At 60 days out you'd see two ranges of available dates: the 30 days immediately after today, plus the dates of your hotel stay, with a gap of unavailable days in-between)

-Rob

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Since tickets that are part of a package reservation can't be used until the day you check into the resort, the system won't give you FP+ availability until you're 60 days out from your checkin date.

If you'd bought the tickets separately and linked them, you'd have the ability to book FP+ for the next 30 days from today's date, since for all the system knows you could potentially go to Orlando this weekend and use the ticket then. In addition to that 30-days-from-current-day window you'd then also get access starting with your checkin date when you're 60 days out. (At 60 days out you'd see two ranges of available dates: the 30 days immediately after today, plus the dates of your hotel stay, with a gap of unavailable days in-between)

-Rob
Excellent summary as usual!

wish upon a star

Original Poster
Great thanks for your help. I figured that's how it would work that it would assume I would be using those tickets at the same time we were staying there in the resort since I bought it as a package. I just didn't want to wait until it's time to book the FP and then have a problem. So at midnight 60 day's out from checking in at the resort it will show available to book? (we check in on a Thursday but not going to the park until Friday)

TheMouseFan

Great thanks for your help. I figured that's how it would work that it would assume I would be using those tickets at the same time we were staying there in the resort since I bought it as a package. I just didn't want to wait until it's time to book the FP and then have a problem. So at midnight 60 day's out from checking in at the resort it will show available to book? (we check in on a Thursday but not going to the park until Friday)
It will be midnight as long as none of the parks have regular park hours after midnight. If MK happens to be open later, the system won't let you book until the park is closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom