TAFI - New and Longtime Member Introductions!

RMichael21

Original Poster
Hello everyone! My name is @RMichael21 and I'm going to be the host and moderator of this brand new TAFI thread. Here, anyone that wants or is going to partake in any TAFI/non-TAFI Imagineering activities can introduce themselves. You can follow the prompts and questions or just tell us anything you want within the topic of introductions. Here's some guidelines/rules:

• No profanity
  • This isn't a discussion thread, only post one post with your introduction and that's it. Other posts in this thread will not be tolerated. This keeps the thread clean.
  • Don't judge people on what they say, no matter how outlandish it is. Be kind and respect everyone and their words.
  • Don't share overly personal information. This isn't a dating site or friends Facebook group. We're all (mostly) complete strangers from different walks of life. You can share your location (nothing overly specific. General area is fine, i.e.: State, Country) age, occupation and name if you'd like but this is nowhere near required. We recommend you share your personality traits and things that are unique to you without giving away your personal information.
  • Have fun!

*Required (Not technically, but strongly recommended)

Questions/Prompts Everyone (New Members, Long Time Members, Lurkers, Anyone Else) Answer:
  • Tell everyone about yourself (Can either be general or specifics)*
  • When did you start liking Disney?*
  • Have you ever been to any theme parks or amusement parks (including Disney)?*
  • If so, which ones?
  • What's one thing you criticize Disney for?*
  • What's one thing you compliment Disney on?*
  • What's your favorite Disney movie?*
  • What's your favorite Disney attraction?
  • Who's your favorite Imagineer?*
Questions New Members and Lurkers Answer:
  • How did you find out about WDWMagic's Imagineering section?*
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've come up with? (General)
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've seen someone else come up with? (General)
  • Who's one current or past Imagineer on this forum that you look up to or admire?
  • Have you been a bystander of any of the ICS Competitions?*
  • If so, which was your favorite to watch?
  • Do you think you will participate in any future ICS Competitions?*
  • Do you predict that you will add to or create an open brainstorming thread?*
  • What's one thing you're excited for when it comes to participating in Imagineering?*
Questions for Longtime Members:

• What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've seen someone else come up with? (General)
  • Who's one current or past Imagineer on this forum that you look up to or admire?
  • Have you participated in any ICS competitions?
  • If so, which ones?
  • Have you eve hosted an ICS competition?
  • If so, describe it!
  • What's one thing you're excited for in the future?
And that's it! I'm going to post mine in a little bit. :) We welcome anyone to post theirs, but don't feel obliged to write up one. A few sentences is fine, as long as it gives us a better understanding of you!

Voxel

President of Progress City
Whelp I guess I'll go first:

Questions/Prompts Everyone (New Members, Long Time Members, Lurkers, Anyone Else) Answer:
  • Tell everyone about yourself (Can either be general or specifics)* I'm mild manner System tester during the day and a Crazy Programmer at Night
  • When did you start liking Disney?* When didn't I enjoy Disney. I don't remember a time
  • Have you ever been to any theme parks or amusement parks (including Disney)?* As of this Spring I have been to all but three of the major Theme Parks and Amusement Parks on the East Coast...
  • If so, which ones? Too many to list, I plan vacations around theme parks.
  • What's one thing you criticize Disney for?* Letting Epcot and ride quality go down the drain at Disney World.
  • What's one thing you compliment Disney on?* Making my Childhood memorable
  • What's your favorite Disney movie?* Too many options.
  • What's your favorite Disney attraction? This is a hard one. I love Big Thunder Mountain Railroad but I have a lot of great Memories with Cranium Command and the Original Test Track.
  • Who's your favorite Imagineer?* Marty Sklar

• How did you find out about WDWMagic's Imagineering section?* I use to be a lurker for years.
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've come up with? (General) I would have to say the Avengers attraction that @englanddg and I designed.
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've seen someone else come up with? (General) Hmmm I would have to say @englanddg's writing and JDM's design.
  • Have you participated in any ICS competitions? Yes
  • If so, which ones? SA and a few others
  • Do you think you will participate in any future ICS Competitions?* Yes
  • Do you predict that you will add to or create an open brainstorming thread?* I typically do
  • What's one thing you're excited for in the future? DISNEYLAND: AUGUST 2015!!!!!!!!

JokersWild

Tell everyone about yourself (Can either be general or specifics)
Hello. I am JokersWild (formerly Adv.BlueDude on both WDWM and VisionsFantastic. I'm a college student - a film student more specifically. I'm from New York (the state, not the city.) I don't really have a ton more to say about myself. Music's cool. So's Kubrick. And Jules Verne.

When did you start liking Disney?*
Disney's always been a big thing in my family. It began with my grandfather going to WDW with my uncle in '83, and it's sort of spiraled out of control since then. So, I suppose there was never really a time where I didn't like Disney. It's always been there, really.

Have you ever been to any theme parks or amusement parks (including Disney)?*
Yes

If so, which ones?

Magic Kingdom
EPCOT
DHS
Animal Kingdom
Disneyland
DCA
Various Six Flags parks
LEGOland
Busch Gardens
Sea World
Universal once when I was seven

What's one thing you criticize Disney for?*
Their inability to properly maintain the parks. I know that there are various understandable reasons for this, but they've gotten to the point now where there really is no excuse to let the parks sit like they are. Disney is all about cutting costs now. I mean, they were before as well, but upper management still understood the importance of maintaining a certain show quality.

What's one thing you compliment Disney on?*
They still produce the best themed entertainment out there. If Disney actually is willing to spend money on something, it's pretty guaranteed that the product will be something spectacular.

What's your favorite Disney movie?*
I dunno. This is a hard one. The Great Mouse Detective used to be my favorite. Maybe Hunchback? I dunno.

What's your favorite Disney attraction?
Horizons? I dunno. This changes daily. I've recently just truly discovered HM. I've always recognized it as an incredible ride, but I suppose everything finally "clicked" the last time I was down.

Who's your favorite Imagineer?*
Obvious answer: Tony Baxter. He's done incredible things. Even his unbuilt projects are just as incredible as his built projects.

How did you find out about WDWMagic's Imagineering section?*
Let's travel back to 2010. I used to go on a site called VMKMagic, which, obviously, was about VMK(which, fun fact, is where my original name, AdventureBlueDude, originated from), despite the game being closed for around 2 years at that point. They had an Imagineering comp. I participated, and immediately became heavily invested in the Armchair Imagineering community. I quickly found WDWM, and later VisionsFantastic. Abandoned WDWM for a while while the Imagineering forum suddenly died, focusing all my attention to VF, and then eventually came back here as JokersWild.

What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've come up with? (General)
I...honestly do not know. There was a Nolan-verse Batman attraction that I did for SYWTBAI that I really loved (at the time, at least.) I really liked a LOST project that I did that won me Season 9 of SYWTBAI, despite never seeing an episode of the show. There are a few unfinished projects that I really love as well, such as a Sunset Boulevard expansion that is not only based around the noir film, but is also heavily tied into the ideas of the Twilight Zone. Someday I'll finish my thousands of projects that's I've never actually finished*coughprogtheatrecough*

What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've seen someone else come up with? (General)
I dunno. There was Voxel's Agatha Christie restaurant from SA. There were a ton of incredible concepts from SYWTBAI that are mostly lost to history. I can't really pick one, though.

Who's one current or past Imagineer on this forum that you look up to or admire?
I have zero idea. I don't really look at other people on these boards or past boards like that. I've made friends, and I've made enemies, but I don't think there's really been a person that I've really admired or looked up to because I've viewed them as peers.

Have you participated in any ICS competitions?
Yes

If so, which ones?
Spring Training
SA
TSI
TCG
Have you eve hosted an ICS competition?
Does co-hosting SYWTBAI count...?

If so, describe it!
It was cool. It's what really brought on the youtube channel, so in that respect it was very memorable. It was probably the last "real" season of SYWTBAI on VF, which is also rather cool.

Do you think you will participate in any future ICS Competitions?*
Yes

Do you predict that you will add to or create an open brainstorming thread?*
I'd like to, but I never finish the open brainstorming threads that I've started. Ever. It's really sad, actually. Someday....

What's one thing you're excited for in the future?
I really enjoy how this community is still growing. It's really incredible, actually. Reminds me a lot of VF 3-4 years ago.

I am so sorry for writing a paragraph for each answer....I don't know why I did.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Hi everyone! My name is @RMichael21 (RM for short) and here's all you need to know about me!

I'm from New England, which always means freezing winters and humid summers and I started liking Disney when I was a tiny little toddler and I watched my first Disney movies. Then, when I was 5, I took my first trip to Walt Disney World. I've been 6 times since. I've also been to plenty theme and amusement parks. Here's my list:
  • Walt Disney World (MK, Epcot, DHS, DAK)
  • Disneyland Resort (DL, DCA)
  • Universal Orlando Resort (USF, IOA)
  • Sea World (Orlando, San Diego)
  • Six Flags New England
  • Hershey Park
  • LegoLand California
  • Several local amusement parks
I criticize Disney for taking to much time to build their attraction but I compliment them for telling their stories so well through their level of detail. My favorite Disney Movie is The Little Mermaid and my favorite Disney attraction is Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye at the Disneyland Resort. My favorite Walt Disney Imagineer is Tony Baxter because he created my favorite Disney attractions (Indiana Jones, BTMRR).

I found out about this forum after searching for photo updates on NFL in MK and stumbling across the forums and in turn, the Imagineering section. I actually watched (as a non-member) Masters of the Parks, WED's Think Different Challenge, The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Around the Resorts in 30 Days. My favorite concept that I've come up with is The Voyage of China: Legend of the Dragon that I created during The Creator Games. My favorite concept that someone else has created is probably Tintin's New Adventures which was created during The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2. Despite being on the same team, I did little (actually none) to help this project as I was on vacation. One imagineer that I look up to on these boards is @WED99. It's really a shame that I never got to work with him as he is really is an outstanding Imagineer.

I have participated in 4 ICS competitions and the very fisrt Elite Eight as well. I participated in the WEDCAR Race (Hosted by @Zweiland and @Matt7187 ), the short lived Spring Training (Hosted by @LittleGiants16 ), The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season Two: International Edition (Hosted by @jdmdisney99 ) and The Creator Games! (Hosted By @IDInstitute, @spacemt354 and @Sam4D23 ).

In addition I have hosted The Sole Imagineer. This competition is an Imagineering version of the popular reality show Survivor on CBS. The first season was extremely successful with @IDInstitute being crowned the victor. I hope to see all of you participate in Season Two!

I'll definitely participate in future Imagineering Competitions and brainstoming threads.

I'm excited to (hopefully) host The Sole Imagineer Season Two!

And, that's me!:)

Zweiland

Okay, I'll do this. Don't expect any long answers.

• Tell everyone about yourself (Can either be general or specifics)
Call me Z if you can't remember how to spell my username. ;)
  • When did you start liking Disney?
I always was a casual fan.
  • Have you ever been to any theme parks or amusement parks (including Disney)?
Yes.
  • If so, which ones?
WDW and Disneyland, Universal Orlando, LEGOLand CA, and all my local parks.
HM
  • Who's your favorite Imagineer?
Hm, I don't know... Marc Davis?
  • How did you find out about WDWMagic's Imagineering section?
Through lurking for a few years. I loved the competitions here and some of the thraeds in Chit Chat, so I made an account.
Well, before I joined the site I always enjoyed reading @WED99's concepts. I don't "look up" to him as in "idolize", if that's what you're looking for. But I love some of his ideas.
Yeah.
  • If so, which ones?
Sorcerer's 1 and 2, 30 Days, and TSI.
Yes
  • If so, describe it!
WEDCAR- can we forget about that one?
Elite Eight 2014- I didn't do much besides come up with challenges.
  • Do you think you will participate in any future ICS Competitions?
I'm excited for Sorcerer's Season 3.
  • Do you predict that you will add to or create an open brainstorming thread?
No.
SA Season 3

tcool

Tell everyone about yourself
Hi, I'm Tcool. I've been to Walt Disney World 15 times, and 16 next September. And um did I say hi? :p

When did you start liking Disney?
It was an on-off-on thing. I liked Disney as a kid my room for about 5 years was Winnie the Pooh. The only remaining decoration from that old room is in the Disney Themed Bathroom. I started to not be a big fan, but still went to the parks around the 3rd grade. After fifth gradeI was bored one day in the summer, and I was hooked.

Have you ever been to any theme parks or amusement parks?
Yes

If so, which ones?

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
SeaWorld
Busch Gardens Tampa
Six Flags Atlanta
Legoland Orlando
Universal Studios Orlando
Islands of Adventure

What's one thing you criticize Disney for?
Disney's speed of construction.

What's one thing you compliment Disney on?
I really like the new Harambe areas.

What's your favorite Disney movie?
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Into the Woods

My favorite attraction is a tough one. I'll just put all my favorites instead. it's a small world, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Splash Mountain, Mickey's PhillarMagic, and Star Tours:The Adventures Continue.

Who's your favorite Imagineer?
Tony Baxter

How did you find out about WDWMagic's Imagineering section?
I have no clue how I found this place. I think I typed in Imagineering Ideas and eventually found this place.

What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've come up with?
My favorite Imagineering concept I have come up with is a hard one. I know I really enjoyed making the new Tomorrowland, the Tale of Sleeping Beauty, Toontown, A Pirate's Journey/Voyage(I can't remember the last word for it), and Maltida.

What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've seen someone else come up with?
I have to say The Journey Into the Movies Team Land created in the Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2. I'm not really sure who did create it, but I do like it.

Who's one current or past Imagineer on this forum that you look up to or admire?
I don't really admire anyone, but I do like a lot of the people on this forum.

Yes

If so, which ones?
The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2
The Sole Imagineer
The Creator Games

Have you ever hosted an ICS competition?
No

Do you think you will participate in any future ICS Competitions?
Yes

Do you predict that you will add to or create an open brainstorming thread?
Possibly

I'm excited for Moana, and I am rather curious to the live-action Jungle Book. I'm also excited for the rumored Wicked movie.

Vipraa

Tell everyone about yourself (Can either be general or specifics). When did you start liking Disney?*
Hey. Im Vipraa. I've grown up with Disney and loved it all my life. I was born in the Anaheim area and currently live in Florida so Disney has always been a big part of my life especially the parks. Disney is in my blood lol.

Yes

If so, which ones?

Disneyland and WDW more times then I can count
Seaworlds
Universal Orlando
Various other theme parks

Not putting 100% into everything they do anymore. If Disney puts its best foot forward it cant be matched but more often lately it takes the cheaper easy way then the right way.

Beauty and the Beast.

Don't have just one. Im a big fan of combining darkride storytelling and mild to wild thrills so favorites reflect this. Splash mountain, Radiator Springs Racers, Indiana Jones Adventure (and not Disney but I love Revenge of the Mummy Orlando version)

Bob Gurr

Lurker until I decided to take a swing at imagineering with the WEDCAR Race

What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've come up with? (General)
Currently my "Arendelle Mini Land" but that may change with my Current Project the Texas Disney Resort
as it evolves.

Yes

If so, which ones?
WEDCAR
Spring Training
TSI
TCG

No

Yes

Does the Texas Disney Resort Count lol? Its not really open brainstorming my im always open to new ideas, fresh perspectives and refining my concepts.

DinoInstitute

• Tell everyone about yourself (Can either be general or specifics)* Hey Everybody! I'm IDInstitute, but feel free to just call me IDI. I'm a huge fan of reality TV competitions :p as well as Imagineering/Disney, so I love it here! :D
  • When did you start liking Disney?* Since as young as I remember! I was brought up as a Disney fan from having connections to the company in my parents' work. I have always watched their movies and shows and always love it! :D
  • Have you ever been to any theme parks or amusement parks (including Disney)?* Yup! I've been to 6 that you've probably heard of (MK, EC, DHS, DAK, IoA, USF), as well as my small yet classy hometown themepark
  • If so, which ones? Oh, whoops, I guess I already answered that :p
  • What's one thing you criticize Disney for?* They take too long to make attractions, and when they finally do they make Frozenstrom :grumpy:
  • What's one thing you compliment Disney on?* Mostly excellent attractions in phenomenal themed resorts, as well as classic favorite movies!
  • What's your favorite Disney movie?* Toy Story 3
  • What's your favorite Disney attraction? Tough one... Toss up between Spaceship Earth, Peoplemover, Splash Mountain, and Kilimanjaro
  • How did you find out about WDWMagic's Imagineering section?* I made an Imagineering thread in the Discussion forum when I first joined which ended up being moved bringing me here:p
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've come up with? (General) Probably one of my favorites that I've worked on was my first project which was in SA S2 almost a year ago. It was a Tin tin attraction/mini land which I worked on alongside @RMichael21, @Robert Butnarasu, @Zweiland, and @Sam4D23
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've seen someone else come up with? (General) @Zweiland and @englanddg's cruise line ships from SA S2 Challenge 11. The ships were amazing, and the presentation was like nothing before!
  • Have you participated in any ICS competitions? Yes, 2. And I'm not gonna answer the next question ahead of time this time! :p
  • If so, which ones? I've competed in the Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition, in which I placed 7th out of 15, and then in The Sole Imagineer which I won :D
  • Have you ever hosted an ICS competition? Yup, The Creator Games! which I hosted alongside @spacemt354 is just now coming to a close after 2 fun months!
  • If so, describe it! It's a competition similar to many others, yet unique in the same way. It utilizes all sorts of different elements such as team challenges, individual challenges a bit of strategy and politics, and plenty of unique twists. At the end of the day though, the prize goes to the strongest Imagineer!
  • Do you think you will participate in any future ICS Competitions?* For sure!
  • Do you predict that you will add to or create an open brainstorming thread?* Probs not
  • What's one thing you're excited for in the future? In the immediate future on the forums at least I'm really looking forward to SA S3...that'll be really fun!

spacemt354

Chili's

Tell everyone about yourself (Can either be general or specifics)*

Hi, I'm spacemt354 (space for short around here). I'm a huge Disney fan and enjoy learning its history/facts as a hobby. In regards to movies/TV shows/general stuff (as that seems to tell alot about someone's personality and interests), I'm also a big fan of the MCU, Star Wars, Christopher Nolan, Seinfeld, Breaking Bad, Bob's Burgers, The Office, House of Cards, sports (mostly basketball/baseball), and so on.

When did you start liking Disney?*
Around 5 years old

Yes

If so, which ones?
All 4 WDW Parks, Both Uni Orlando Parks, Both Disneyland Parks

Inability to realize that they have competition (in Orlando) and they cannot rest on their laurels

What's one thing you compliment Disney on?*
Ability to stimulate and maintain a diehard fan-base unlike anything else.

The Lion King

I can't really choose one. Because they are hard to compare in different ride genres. Off the top of my head.
Haunted Mansion - it's a visceral experience and the best dark ride I've been on, in my opinion.
Tower of Terror - The backstory and detail that 20+ years later still amazes me.
Spaceship Earth - back with the Jeremy Irons narration. It's still top tier, but the narration and background music of the 1994-2006ish version added another layer of depth that I feel is lacking now.

Hmm, not to sure on that one. Walt Disney count?

Just browsing the forums.

Have you been a bystander of any of the ICS Competitions?*
Yes

If so, which was your favorite to watch?
The Sole Imagineer - this will always be the favorite considering it will be the one and only from now on. :p

Yes, looking forward to SA - Season 3

Yes, I tried to set one up in February and it ended up morphing with The Creator Games. Will do another one in time.

Yes

If so, describe it!
The Creator Games with @IDInstitute and @Sam4D23 . It's been great. I will say I probably have taken the most unique route of entry into the Imagineering community, as most members have began their careers by entering a contest. But I was the exact opposite as I started by hosting a contest. I actually think going forward and now competing, being on the other side of the desk so to speak gives me a greater appreciation for the contests as a whole. Because now I know how much work and behind the scenes effort is put into designing these competitions, and I can see how much effort the contestants put in as well.

Going off of what I said above, I'm excited to be involved in competitions. I'm also very optimistic about the trajectory this community is taking in regards to its growth and popularity. Sign-ups for The Creator Games were filled within 24 hours and I can only expect SA Season 3 will be even faster. Newcomers are really giving their all, as 2 out of 3 finalists in The Creator Games are first-time competitors. This is a vibrant community that has a bright future. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Flippin'Flounder

I'm just going to answer for both sections, because I have answers for both :D

• Tell everyone about yourself (Can either be general or specifics)*- I live in Florida, but too far away from Disney for day trips, so no AP. I like Nintendo a lot as well (Especially Pokemon and Kirby) I collect Disney maps!
  • When did you start liking Disney?*- When I was little we had AP's, so we went to the World all the time, thus my obsession started
  • Have you ever been to any theme parks or amusement parks (including Disney)?*- Yes, Disney every year
  • If so, which ones?- MK, EPCOT, DHS, DAK, USF, IoA, and I recently went on a field trip to Busch Gardens (8 hours of bus riding in 1 day :p)
  • What's one thing you criticize Disney for?*- Pretty much everything that's happened in the parks since I started going there (Right after PhilharMagic opened)
  • What's one thing you compliment Disney on?*- Since then, TSMM, BOG, probably others that I can't think of right now. Outside of the parks, the acquisitions of Pixar, Marvel, and Lucas, as well as the past 3 WDAS films.
  • What's your favorite Disney movie?*- The Little Mermaid, I got a plush Flounder when I was little, and have loved the movie ever since
  • What's your favorite Disney attraction?- Splash Mountain and PhilharMagic
  • Who's your favorite Imagineer?*- Tony Baxter
  • How did you find out about WDWMagic's Imagineering section?*- A friend told me about the site, and I found the Imagineering section because of RM's signature during TSI
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've come up with? (General) The Dinosaur Hotel (Which I may post about at some point) Although I really like my Omega challenge consept
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've seen someone else come up with? (General)- I don't have a great memory, but I like one of the Imagination! concepts from TSI, as well as @MCParradox time thing from TCG
  • Have you been a bystander of any of the ICS Competitions?*- Yes
  • If so, which was your favorite to watch?- TSI (Which I sou;d compete in if there's a season 2 RM)
  • Do you think you will participate in any future ICS Competitions?*- Yes
  • Do you predict that you will add to or create an open brainstorming thread?*- I sort of have before
  • What's one thing you're excited for when it comes to participating in Imagineering?*- Seeing other peoples ideas, and working with others

• Have you participated in any ICS competitions?- Yes
  • If so, which ones?- TCG
  • Have you eve hosted an ICS competition?- No
  • What's one thing you're excited for in the future?- Avatarland, and DHS makeover

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm old as heck compared to most of you.
  • When did you start liking Disney?
Well before you did.
Uh, yeah.
  • If so, which ones?
Do you really want a list of all the US theme parks I've been to as well as the european ones outside of Disney?
  • What's one thing you criticize Disney for?
Being cheap. I hate that.
  • What's one thing you compliment Disney on?
Being unique.
  • What's your favorite Disney movie?
Tough one, as the general IP has expanded. Sticking strictly to Disney (and not Muppets/Star Wars/Marvel) I'm going to have to say Bedknobs and Broomsticks.
Haunted Mansion. That is classic Disney Imagineering right there!
  • Who's your favorite Imagineer?
Bob Gurr. Monorail Man for the win. Followed by X. Atencio. He was a master at blending ideas.
  • How did you find out about WDWMagic's Imagineering section?
The comp @Matt7187 ran. He really sparked all this as that comp had a lot of attention and activity in the general threads.
The Bork de Bork. I really liked that concept. For those unfamiliar...
Spring Training Anyone?

That's hard to pin down. There are so many. Where I excel in presentation, I think others excel in creativity. Where I do well with art, there are those who are FAR better than I could ever dream of.

MonorailRed and Zwei obviously have my respect, but that is a longstanding rivalry.

So, really, I can't pin down one. There are a LOT of people in the community that I respect and enjoy.
  • Have you been a bystander of any of the ICS Competitions?
Yes.
  • If so, which was your favorite to watch?
I think the first contests by @Matt7187 were really interesting, as that built what we have today. I think RM and IDI/Space have done a great job with the current comp. I lurk and watch, always.
  • Do you think you will participate in any future ICS Competitions?
No, I won't. <sly eyes> Nah, I'll be back for SA (assuming I make the sign in cut).
  • Do you predict that you will add to or create an open brainstorming thread?
Probably not. Most open brainstorming threads like to be just that. They don't want the logistics and other concerns that come up with a comp, much less the presentations. They want to pretend the "world" is ideal. I applaud them for that. My first thread in Imagineering was a open brainstorm thread, but the more I learn through the comps, the more I realize that was really silly...

It's one thing to say "what if", it is completely another thing to say "it can be done"...if that makes sense.
  • What's one thing you're excited for when it comes to participating in Imagineering?
Well, duh, Disney! Just like all of us.
In SA Season 2, the Tintin thing was amazing. That resonates so well for that market, and was extremely well thought out by that team.
Zwei, frankly. He's got a very level head, and is solid with his contributions. This is tough because I have a lot of "imagineers" that I respect.
  • What's one thing you're excited for when it comes to participating in Imagineering? What's one thing you're excited for in the future?
Seeing other users grow. Watching people get better at writing and presentation, graphics and videos. This excites me, and you can ask people, I don't mind sharing.

We are all here for one reason, to craft something great. I do NOT mind helping others (outside of a contest) do so.

I'll end this with the statement that yes, I can be ornery as all get out. But, I know what I'm talking about, and I deliver.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

I'm known around here as DisneyManOne. I live in Maine, but I plan to move to Florida in the future and become an Annual Passholder at Walt Disney World.
Since I was born.
Of course.
  • If so, which ones?
Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Universal Orlando, Islands of Adventure, Cypress Gardens (before it became Legoland Florida), Busch Gardens Tampa, Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Knott's Berry Farm, Legoland California, Santa's Village, Story Land
  • What's one thing you criticize Disney for?*
Ever since Winnie the Pooh tanked at the box office, they've pretty much left the art of hand-drawn animation for dead. Seriously, whose bright idea was it for them to open against Harry Potter?!
  • What's one thing you compliment Disney on?*
Their ability to make one heck of a movie.
God, it's so hard to choose...but if I had to pick one, It'd definitely be Finding Nemo.
Peter Pan's Flight, hands-down.
Tony Baxter.

I came here in December 2014, during the SYWTBAI migration, so I already had a good idea about this section.
My "Whole New World" renovation plan.
Hands-down, definitely "SpectroMagic: Our Colors Combined" by @RadiatorSpringsRacer.
I'd have to say @MANEATINGWREATH. His dream resort threads have heavily influenced my threads.
No.
No.
Not that I'm aware of.
Of course. I've already contributed to the Disneyland Australia thread @MANEATINGWREATH created.
The Animal Kingdom expansion.

Matt7187

Tell Everyone About Yourself.
I'm Matt, I am one of the longer tenured people around here (2012) and like to think of myself as the "father" of the modern Imagineering contests on here (even though there were a few before me of course), but it is @BryceM 's competition that is usually pegged as the first modern comp. I have taken two leaves of absence, including one during the middle of a comp I was hosting, not very smart. Whenever there is an argument, I like to jump in and throw fuel on the flame (just ask @englanddg, he knows firsthand. :p). Huge sports fan, along with rap music and almost all movies. Some TV is great, but mostly Netflix for me.

When Did You Start Liking Disney?
When I was 8 and just came back from my 2nd trip, the first I can remember. I have been lurking ever since.

Have You Ever Been to Any Theme Parks? If so, Which?
WDW
Universal
Busch Gardens Tampa
Disneyland/DCA
HersheyPark
Cedar Point
Kennywood
Kings Island

What's One Thing You Criticize Disney For?
For not adding enough new things. I don't care to be honest if an effect isn't working here or there, but major things like Splash 99% of the time/Yeti bother me too. At the rate Universal is growing and Disney is staying stagnant, it looks as if Uni will be taking more days or entire trips away from Disney.

What's One Thing You Compliment Disney On?
That I can complain as much as my heart desires online, but when I get there, I seem to forget the disarray some things are in and am immersed in the magic. They do a good job on that.

Favorite Disney Movie?
Monsters inc and nothing can touch it.

Favorite Disney Attraction?
DL's Pirates and Splash.

Favorite Imagineer?
Obviously Walt, but also Marty Sklar. I got to meet him at the D23 Expo back in '13 and got my copy of his book signed, which is pretty freaking awesome.

How Did You Find Out About WDWMagic?
Through my days of lurking, I stumbled across here and lurked for a decent while (2 years maybe) until I joined, and this is still the only site I use for Imagineering.

Favorite Imagineered Concept of Yours or Others?
To be totally honest, I have no clue. I don't remember my past projects or others very well, like I don;t even remember some projects from the Creator Games.

Current or Former Imagineer on Here You Admire?
When I showed up way back when in the pre-TAFI days, there were only a few people I remember: me, @WED99 and @Turtle. Now, I wouldn't say I looked up to or really admired them, and there weren't very many other guys around here, so I would say I don't have someone like that.

Have You Ever Been In an ICS Comp? Which?
Pretty much all of them.

Have You Ever Hosted One?
The WEDCAR Race, which as @Zweiland previously mentioned, lets forget about that. But in either October or sometime next Summer, I will be hosting a new comp called "The Choice" which is my spin on The Voice.

Will I Participate in Future Comps?
Of course

Thing I'm Excited For in The Future?
3 things:
  1. The updated ICS rankings after Creator Games
  2. Sorcerer's Apprentice
  3. The Choice, which trust me, will be nothing like you have ever seen around here. Hoping on having some past faces and special guests pop up, but no guarantees yet. Need an official date locked down first.

If for some reason you find me interesting and want to talk more, let me know. Most of my chumps from the "Good ol' Days" are gone :depressed:, so I could use some more pals around here :).

Last edited:

brb1006

• My name is Bernard Jones but you can call me Bernie. I'm currently 18 years old and dreaming of working as an Imagineer or as CM.
  • When I was a baby, I remember first discovering Disney by a blue book I still own called "Disney Storybook Collection" while my first introduction to Disney Theme Parks was the 1990 "Disney's Sing Along Songs" VHS that was shot at Disneyland
  • Yes, I been to Walt Disney World three times as of May 2015 and Universal Studios twice
  • If so, which ones?
  • Walt Disney World
  • The Aristocats
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Space Mountain
  • Tony Baxton

Sam Magic

Tell Everyone About Yourself.
I'm Matt, I am one of the longer tenured people around here (2012) and like to think of myself as the "father" of the modern Imagineering contests on here (even though there were a few before me of course), but it is @BryceM 's competition that is usually pegged as the first modern comp. I have taken two leaves of absence, including one during the middle of a comp I was hosting, not very smart. Whenever there is an argument, I like to jump in and throw fuel on the flame (just ask @englanddg, he knows firsthand. :p). Huge sports fan, along with rap music and almost all movies. Some TV is great, but mostly Netflix for me.

When Did You Start Liking Disney?
When I was 8 and just came back from my 2nd trip, the first I can remember. I have been lurking ever since.

Have You Ever Been to Any Theme Parks? If so, Which?
WDW
Universal
Busch Gardens Tampa
Disneyland/DCA
HersheyPark
Cedar Point
Kennywood
Kings Island

What's One Thing You Criticize Disney For?
For not adding enough new things. I don't care to be honest if an effect isn't working here or there, but major things like Splash 99% of the time/Yeti bother me too. At the rate Universal is growing and Disney is staying stagnant, it looks as if Uni will be taking more days or entire trips away from Disney.

What's One Thing You Compliment Disney On?
That I can complain as much as my heart desires online, but when I get there, I seem to forget the disarray some things are in and am immersed in the magic. They do a good job on that.

Favorite Disney Movie?
Monsters inc and nothing can touch it.

Favorite Disney Attraction?
DL's Pirates and Splash.

Favorite Imagineer?
Obviously Walt, but also Marty Sklar. I got to meet him at the D23 Expo back in '13 and got my copy of his book signed, which is pretty freaking awesome.

How Did You Find Out About WDWMagic?
Through my days of lurking, I stumbled across here and lurked for a decent while (2 years maybe) until I joined, and this is still the only site I use for Imagineering.

Favorite Imagineered Concept of Yours or Others?
To be totally honest, I have no clue. I don't remember my past projects or others very well, like I don;t even remember some projects from the Creator Games.

Current or Former Imagineer on Here You Admire?
When I showed up way back when in the pre-TAFI days, there were only a few people I remember: me, @WED99 and @Turtle. Now, I wouldn't say I looked up to or really admired them, and there weren't very many other guys around here, so I would say I don't have someone like that.

Have You Ever Been In an ICS Comp? Which?
Pretty much all of them.

Have You Ever Hosted One?
The WEDCAR Race, which as @Zweiland previously mentioned, lets forget about that. But in either October or sometime next Summer, I will be hosting a new comp called "The Choice" which is my spin on The Voice.

Will I Participate in Future Comps?
Of course

Thing I'm Excited For in The Future?
3 things:
  1. The updated ICS rankings after Creator Games
  2. Sorcerer's Apprentice
  3. The Choice, which trust me, will be nothing like you have ever seen around here. Hoping on having some past faces and special guests pop up, but no guarantees yet. Need an official date locked down first.

If for some reason you find me interesting and want to talk more, let me know. Most of my chumps from the "Good ol' Days" are gone :depressed:, so I could use some more pals around here :).
Jdm and I are still here...

The90skid

• Tell everyone about yourself (Can either be general or specifics)*: Generally speaking, I am a young person born in the 90s who has a passion for excercising my creative side!
  • When did you start liking Disney?*: Oh gosh, since I was like 2 and watched Toy Story for the first time.
  • Have you ever been to any theme parks or amusement parks (including Disney)?*: Walt Disney World multiple times, Sea World San Antonio, state fairs
  • If so, which ones?: see above
  • What's one thing you criticize Disney for?*: A lack of creativity and new ideas. There are way too many reboots.
  • What's one thing you compliment Disney on?*: Attention to detail and pursuing a quality product. They have a very valuable brand.
  • What's your favorite Disney movie?*: The Emporer's New Groove or Oliver and Company. The first for comedy and the second for nostalgia.
  • What's your favorite Disney attraction?: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. It is, IMHO, the most immersively themed ride in Walt Disney World.
  • Who's your favorite Imagineer?*: Whoever designed the ToT!! Lol, I am not as familiar with disney imagineers as I should be.
  • How did you find out about WDWMagic's Imagineering section?*: Browsing the DIS boards, I found some links to WDWMAGIC and fell in love with the Imagineer boards for their creative ideas and friendly community
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've come up with? (General): I am currently working on a rebirth of Dick Tracy's Crime Stoppers (coming soon!!)
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've seen someone else come up with? (General): Most of DisneyManOne's ideas are pretty awesome.
  • Who's one current or past Imagineer on this forum that you look up to or admire?: probably Disneymanone
  • Have you been a bystander of any of the ICS Competitions?*: nope, unfortunately I dont have the time.
  • If so, which was your favorite to watch?: N/A
  • Do you think you will participate in any future ICS Competitions?*: If I have time!
  • Do you predict that you will add to or create an open brainstorming thread?*: I done did it!
  • What's one thing you're excited for when it comes to participating in Imagineering?*: Bouncing ideas around with other creative people!

captainmoch

I guess I'll introduce myself here! :)
  • Tell everyone about yourself (Can either be general or specifics): I've lived very close to Disney World for a very long time which has given me a big interest in theme parks in general.
  • When did you start liking Disney?: Probably as long as I can remember.
  • Have you ever been to any theme parks or amusement parks (including Disney)?: Yep.
  • If so, which ones?: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Universal Studios Orlando, Islands of Adventure, Seaworld Orlando, LEGOLAND Florida, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. That's not counting random assorted Six Flags-type parks that I've been to.
  • What's one thing you criticize Disney for?: Generally slow construction and uninspiring projects as of late, at least at WDW. Also letting Epcot and DHS practically rot.
  • What's one thing you compliment Disney on?: Pretty much everything done well at the Disneyland Resort, such as the great upkeep of attractions and large amount of stuff to do. On the WDW side, I enjoy the isolated experience of staying on WDW property, when you don't need to leave and see reality.
  • What's your favorite Disney movie?: This is tough, but Wreck-it Ralph, Beauty and the Beast, and if we're counting Pixar, Up and Inside Out too.
  • What's your favorite Disney attraction?: My Top 5 include Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror (WDW version), Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Moutnain (DL version), and Radiator Springs Racers.
  • Who's your favorite Imagineer?: Tony Baxter
  • How did you find out about WDWMagic's Imagineering section?: I started using WDWMagic's news and rumors forums to keep up with park news, and later on discovered other sections including an imagineering section to view and post ideas.
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've come up with?: An idea I've had for an elaborate Up-themed dark ride similar to Peter Pan's Flight. I'm still working on it, but I will share it soon.
  • What's your favorite Imagineering concept that you've seen someone else come up with?: I haven't read that many yet, but my favorite concept I've seen so far is orlando678-'s dragon themed coaster for Asia at DAK.
  • Who's one current or past Imagineer on this forum that you look up to or admire?: I'm not sure I have one quiet yet either, but many of experienced users on here are quiet great!
  • Have you been a bystander of any of the ICS Competitions?: Not yet, but I'd be interested to.
  • Do you think you will participate in any future ICS Competitions?: Hmm, maybe once I get a bit more into the community.
  • Do you predict that you will add to or create an open brainstorming thread?: I probably will keep doing so, as I love group brainstorming ideas.
  • What's one thing you're excited for when it comes to participating in Imagineering?: Seeing unique ideas and concepts from others!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom