The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

Me too, I used to drink tea with every meal, cups in between to keep me going, and a couple cups at night. I'm glad you don't have a kidney stone problem. Dad drank about 15 cups of coffee, a day....and would get up at night and drink cold coffee, another trigger for oxalate stones, he never had one in his life, go figure. As hubby says, over the years, I was just put together backwards! Can't disagree! DD has 30 stones or more a month. It's a genetic thing. Son in law has them too, as does hubby. Funny , that we all became "family".
Your last name should be Stone. ;)

MOXOMUMD

And now it's time for "Conversations I've had with my brother"

A few days ago, he was drinking a glass of water. He was playing with the ice and dropped a cube on the ground

Me: Do not pick it up, do not pick it up, do not pick it up, DO NOT PICK IT UP...
He picks it up and drops it in the glass.
Me: What did I say?
Brother: Not to
Me: And why did you do that?
Brother: I dunno.

I made him throw away the water, which was mostly ice by that point, in a garden nearby

Later:
Me: Go down the water slide with me.
Brother: No
Me: Come on.
Me: Yes
Me: If you don't go down the water slide with me, I'll make you watch Frozen when we get back to the room
Brother: Let's go down the water slide.

Today, as we were getting on the elevator after the fireworks.

Me: We are getting on this elevator.
Brother: Press the button!
Me: We've been waiting ten minutes; we are getting on this elevator.

When my parents got back a little later (and the crowds had cleared)

Brother: *runs over to Mom* I have to press the button!

Like living with Sheldon sometimes.:rolleyes:
This made me laugh. :D

MOXOMUMD

Quite a few. We put baked beans in the smoker (most people don't notice the difference. Smoked portabello mushrooms, potatoes (white and sweet) tempeh and tofu. I do 2 different pasta salads (they're almost the same except one is gluten free) Smoked corn on the cob. I don't go hungry LOL I'm skipping some things this year due to the cleanse but again I'm not going hungry any time soon. Right now the pork butt is already in the smoker, ribs, sausage, chicken, mac and cheese etc is going in later.
I like corn on the cob done in a bbq grill. So much better than plain boiled.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ok gang, here's the start of a mini-trip report for you and pictures of our first day!

We left Minneapolis at 7:30pm and we landed in Iceland and changed planes. Then we got into the Paris airport at a little after 1 pm. We took the train to our hotel in the Latin Quarter of Paris (about a 5 minute walk from Notre Dame). Our hotel room was teeny tiny and we had a double bed, the shower was super small too basically enough room to walk in to it. But the room had a nice little balcony to sit out on and enjoy the view.

Us on the plane ready to go!
View attachment 99762

Our little balcony
View attachment 99763

And the view
View attachment 99764

The cool metro stop near us.
View attachment 99765

Our first view of the Eiffel Tower and the River Seine. The bridge in the picture is the "love lock" bridge that recently had the locks taken off and these decorative panels are up for now as they make repairs. Unfortunately, people are putting locks on other bridges, I wish they would realize that they aren't pretty on the bridge and they cause destruction.
View attachment 99766

My first food in Paris, chocolate Berthillion ice cream. It was the best ice cream I've ever had, and that says a lot coming from a girl from the Dairy State!
View attachment 99767

At the Louvre!
View attachment 99768 View attachment 99769

More of the Louvre
View attachment 99771 View attachment 99772

It was funny the amount of people gathered in front of the Mona Lisa....
View attachment 99773

Hubby being a goof!
View attachment 99777

Venus de Milo
View attachment 99778

View attachment 99783 View attachment 99784 View attachment 99785 View attachment 99786

Souvenirs for sale outside the Louvre, we learned later that these vendors often store their wares in the sewers of Paris! I'm glad I didn't buy from them!
View attachment 99787
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. And now that I know there's a Disney store I can't wait to go LOL

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I like corn on the cob done in a bbq grill. So much better than plain boiled.

I tried that for the first time last weekend. It came out awesome on the grill. Looked online first, for how to grill it and a video showed a man first soaking the corn (he took off some of the outside leaves and the silk inside first) for 15 minutes. Then he brushed a little olive oil on the kernels, covered with the leaves again and put on the grill. Yum! Real 4th of July weekend barbecue treat! :happy: I also cooked chicken, too. :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We don't get the weather channel anymore :cry: Not that I watched it a lot but it was nice to look at the radar so you could see whats happening before runs and stuff. Now I have to turn on my computer, wait for it to come on and go to the website.

For a month or so we had some horrible accrue weather station and now we don't have any.

I get both the Weather Channel and Weather Nation on DirectTV in my area. Do you have a different satellite provider, or do you have cable? (Around a year ago, they had dropped the Weather Channel in my area for a while, but people complained, so they brought it back.)

Progress.City

You all are gonna LOVE the videos I just took of me exploring caves in Jerusalem!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to get them uploaded to YouTube. Here's some stills in the meanwhile...

By the way, I narinate the videos and sing songs from Pirates of the Carribean and Indiana Jones as I explore. And take advantage of the echo effect of the caves!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I am now going to explore the tunnels under the Temple Mount! (Guided tour this time)

Figgy1

Premium Member
You all are gonna LOVE the videos I just took of me exploring caves in Jerusalem!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to get them uploaded to YouTube. Here's some stills in the meanwhile...

By the way, I narinate the videos and sing songs from Pirates of the Carribean and Indiana Jones as I explore. And take advantage of the echo effect of the caves!

View attachment 99919 View attachment 99920 View attachment 99921 View attachment 99922 View attachment 99923 View attachment 99924 View attachment 99925 View attachment 99926 View attachment 99927 View attachment 99928

I am now going to explore the tunnels under the Temple Mount! (Guided tour this time)
Thank you and enjoy your tour!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom