Gaston cast member update

216bruce

...and those with an "in" said it was about consistency of guest experience. :(
Consistency? Kind of a very relative term. Because other Gaston's didn't do pushups? Seriously, kids (the assumed target group) probably don't care- they're just thrilled to meet the character (and the really young ones are probably terrified). Parents? If they get THAT worked up over "My child got the 'bad' Gaston." or "What? No pushups?", then the problem is them. Typical-everyone else-Disney guest? I doubt if they care or notice at all. The only perfectly consistent 'guest experience' is to have no characters. Sounds like corporatespeak for "the lawyers advised us to do something here because someone could have a heart attack doing a pushup." Ugh.

asianway

Consistency? Kind of a very relative term. Because other Gaston's didn't do pushups? Seriously, kids (the assumed target group) probably don't care- they're just thrilled to meet the character (and the really young ones are probably terrified). Parents? If they get THAT worked up over "My child got the 'bad' Gaston." or "What? No pushups?", then the problem is them. Typical-everyone else-Disney guest? I doubt if they care or notice at all. The only perfectly consistent 'guest experience' is to have no characters. Sounds like corporatespeak for "the lawyers advised us to do something here because someone could have a heart attack doing a pushup." Ugh.
No not lawyers, this is entitled snowflake syndrome avoidance

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'll bet the true reason why Gaston was fired was that the character was becoming self aware... So they made a new clone to greet park guests.

We all know what happens to characters who start to question the reality of their existence.. Remember this guy??
9004613474bcf3c2d74978d620747e5ef2f8ff36cc37d1cf72f0dd5bdfb9d0f1.jpg

....Never seen again....

Mukta

He's also appeared in several Disney animated features, including The Emperor's New Groove, Chicken Little, and Home on the Range.
I have yet to see any of those. I am so behind on my movies. I was just thinking she might have seen his face in relation to Disney, but you are right. He has a lot of connections to Disney.

ItlngrlBella

Once I saw his pic then I knew who he was. My husband likes the types of characters he plays (well him and the guy that plays Ron Swanson).

Texas92

First time posting here but I found this thread really interesting because I recently auditioned for a friendship with Gaston as having Ariel and Drizella both tell me I looked like him last time I went to WDW was enough confidence for me lol. I went through the whole process of it which was really fun however I was told that I am TOO big (muscular) I found this to be really odd and ridiculous as I'm not some massive huge freak at all and every time I've seen Beauty and the Beast Gaston looks pretty damn big just sayin! That goofy padding he's got looks worse than real muscles so basically you can't have the physical characteristics too much either. Too bad I would of loved to of been his friend! :(

WDWVolFan

This is not the cast member that played Gaston and that blew his head off with fireworks on the 4th while drinking right?

ItlngrlBella

No the fireworks guy is someone else. The one we are discussing was the Gaston that looked very Italian (the viral one). Seriously willing to bet $100 that this Gaston is an Italian-bred Catholic Mommas boy from a big loving Italian family. Being all of the above myself (but Daddy's girl), I can sense il mio popolo! (My people). :)

@Texas92 - that's nuts. All they'd have to do is get a costume without the padding - crazy! I'm sure Universal could have a spot for you doing something (though maybe not as fun).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom