Trip Report NBT's Live WDW/Uni Trip Report 7/5-7/12

Hey guys, I don't usually do trip reports, but I really wanted to document this one for a few reasons. Mostly because not only will this be my first stay at the Polynesian, but also my first on-site stay at Universal Orlando being at Portofino Bay. I got an incredible pin code for Portofino the other day and couldn't resist... I paid less than I would've had too for Cabana Bay for the same time period!

Anyway, I guess I should say a little about myself. I've been a huge Disney fan my whole life, have been going to Disney parks for over 15 years (i'm 22) and we actually live in FL now because of the mouse house. We lived up in Western Massachusetts for the longest time (big time Red Sox fan... well all Boston sports), then slowly migrated. Moved to the Raleigh area before moving to Tampa about 6 years ago. We bought DVC 8 years ago while still in NC so even though we live here in FL, we still use DVC.

Over the course of the week I may report live from the park, but mostly i'll just be posting updates once I get back to the hotel. Definitely incredibly excited for the hotel experiences. Even though i've never stayed at to Poly, i've been there countless times. I've honestly never been to a Universal resort so i'm looking forward to it.

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
Also, as a quick aside, I did want to mention if any of you had any questions about WDW, Universal, or even Busch Gardens, I could probably answer them as I have worked for all three. Or maybe just questions about some backstage areas/inner workings. I started out with Universal as a Halloween Horror Nights actor in 2012 as a street actor in a hoard and continued on with them being a balloon handler for their Macy's Parade and then seasonal Event staff (so I mostly worked the Mardi Gras Concerts and pararades).

A few months after I left Universal, I got hired by Busch Gardens for their version of HHN, Howl-O-Scream in one of their houses. I stayed on with Busch after a bit of a break and worked at their Water Park, Adventure Island all of last year's season. I did not return this year however because....

in September of last year I got accepted into the Disney College Program! So I worked there from January-May. I met so many different types of people on the program, it really is like a melting pot. I worked as a Custodial CM on Main Street USA in Magic Kingdom and loved every second of it, even when I had to clean up a code-V. I also had some really great roommates on the program, friends for life for sure. I got really close to a few of them and some are actually staying down here so that's even better! It was surprisingly easy to meet people on the program, really more than any where i've ever experienced in my entire life.

So now that I got that out of there, I guess it's time to be on with the trip! Since I probably won't be posting to here until the end of the night, i'll leave my twitter here as i'll likely be live tweeting when I find a reason to lol.

https://twitter.com/TheMusicRevue

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
So got a lot done, mostly because of the rain. Didn't get to the Polynesian until close to 3:00, so our room was ready right away. We're in Pago Pago so we're semi separated from the resort, but on the plus side, right out of our building is the path to the TTC, which we've already used twice. However, we waited at the check-in desk probably 15-20 minutes waiting for them to figure out how to get our Magic Bands to work with our room. The man was very nice and made good conversation to pass time, but i'd have preferred it not have taken so long. Unfortunately, i've come to expect this ever since MyMagic+ has come on-line.

CJLZV6XW8AAF3D-.jpg

After we got settled and finally got to the park, it was around 4. We only spent a little over 6 hours in the park, but we got a lot done. We had 3 preplanned Fastpasses in Space Mountain, Buzz, Peoplemover and Big Thunder before our dinner (and also got Pan FP's for after dinner) at Be Our Guest. Dinner was absolutely amazing, just as the previous time we had dined there. Previously I gotten the Pan-seared Chicken Breast with the "Grey Stuff" for desert. This time I got the Grilled Strip Steak and the Triple Chocolate Cupcake. The Strip steak was made to perfection and had just the right amount of seasoning.

After we finished dinner, we used our Peter Pan FP+'s and then as we were headed back to tomorrowland, we noticed Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was only 20 minutes as it had been raining all night. We hoped in line and it really was about 20 minutes. Went over and rode Space Mountain again, another 20 minute wait, before hoping in line for the Astro Orbiter right as Wishes was starting and it only had a 5 minute wait. Honestly wish I had a picture from the firework view from the area waiting to board the ride, but my phone was dead. It's easily one of the most underrated firework viewing locations.

Anyway, that's it for today, overall good day. Epcot and Teppan Edo tomorrow!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom