To Much To Quickly?

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I wonder what the makeup of guests that visit Downtown Disney is, ie on site resort guests, day visitors, locals etc.

We stayed on International Drive this time and were thinking/hoping there would be a direct bus from the theme parks to Downtown which wasn't the case. thought this was a bit strange, but I guess they've analysed it and think their current system is better and more cost efficient.

I do wonder how many people are put off going due to the non-direct bus though.

They don't have busses to the parks from DtD/DS because guests would park there and ride the bus to avoid parking fees.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
which you can still do BTW...
Its convoluted and adds at least a half hour to the journey, but can be done

True, you can walk over to Saratoga Springs or take a bus to any resort then hop to a park but it usually adds quite a bit more time than a half hour and is much more complicated than simply paying the parking fee and riding a tram.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
How? Checking you are a resort guest to board a bus? If you are a resort guest then you would get a bus to your resort from DTD anyway.

If I wanted to go back to the parks from DTD, I wouldn't want to go to my resort first. I know this probably isn't something a lot of people would do, but personally I could see going to DTD for an early dinner then going back to the parks for one of the nighttime shows. Do the busses currently run from the parks to DTD? I actually think that direction would be more useful.

lazyboy97o

Never complain about Disney doing anything construction related "too quickly".
Disney's indecision combined with their desire to fast track Disney Springs has raised its own problems that will probably further discourage any attempts at moving quickly.

articos

There are more then 2-3 restaurant still to open. We already know of four, STK, The Hanger, Morimoto and the Edison, and there will be more in the Town Center.
There's also Blaze Pizza and more to come. I'd put Hangar more in the Trader Sam's category than the restaurant category, although it does have a menu.

Stitchon

The thing with this expansion that puzzles me is Quite a few of these "stores" have a second floor. Will that be for product storage, other retail, restaurants, or office / meeting space?

Stores like Zara and Uniqlo typically range 10,000 square feet or more. Considering the location, i'd expect both stores to spread out over two levels of space. I figure the rumored Apple store will likely be dual-leveled as well, similar to their store at The Grove in Los Angeles.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I don't feel that this is entirely true. Yes, they want to rent pay check, but they also want stores that have staying power so they aren't constantly looking for replacements and ending up with boarded up stores even if it for the short term,
A lot of that depends on the lease structure. I can tell you that on my commercial investment properties, I'm perfectly happy to cycle someone quickly. I am however not privy to the structure of the leases for Disney Springs.

*1023*
P.S. Anyone else picture a bunch of slinkys or other types of springs laying around.

s8film40

Stores like Zara and Uniqlo typically range 10,000 square feet or more. Considering the location, i'd expect both stores to spread out over two levels of space. I figure the rumored Apple store will likely be dual-leveled as well, similar to their store at The Grove in Los Angeles.
Where is the rumor of an Apple store coming from? This is the first I've heard of it. Doesn't seem like it would be a good fit for DTD and I highly doubt Disney would be willing to meet the lower percentages of revenue sharing that Apple has been demanding lately.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Where is the rumor of an Apple store coming from? This is the first I've heard of it. Doesn't seem like it would be a good fit for DTD and I highly doubt Disney would be willing to meet the lower percentages of revenue sharing that Apple has been demanding lately.

@wdwmagic has indicated that an Apple store will be coming to the Springs.

s8film40

@wdwmagic has indicated that an Apple store will be coming to the Springs.
Wow, I hope that's true! That would be much closer for me than the other Apple stores in my area. It would be surprising though as typically most malls are only willing to take Apple's very small cut due to the increased traffic it draws. Disney Springs is different from a traditional mall in that the Disney elements are really the big attendance driver. Kind of surprising they would feel the need to put out such a large amount of retail space just to draw more people to Disney Springs.

lazyboy97o

Wow, I hope that's true! That would be much closer for me than the other Apple stores in my area. It would be surprising though as typically most malls are only willing to take Apple's very small cut due to the increased traffic it draws. Disney Springs is different from a traditional mall in that the Disney elements are really the big attendance driver. Kind of surprising they would feel the need to put out such a large amount of retail space just to draw more people to Disney Springs.
It's a status symbol to have an Apple Store. Apple's demand for a lower cut is probably still sizable in terms of pure dollars. Why not take the percentage cut if it still means more money than another tenant at a higher percentage?

s8film40

It's a status symbol to have an Apple Store. Apple's demand for a lower cut is probably still sizable in terms of pure dollars. Why not take the percentage cut if it still means more money than another tenant at a higher percentage?
Yeah I agree, it's a great addition and ultimately worth it for Disney, It just surprises me that Disney would see it that way since they won't get as big of a benefit from it as a traditional mall would. Then again who knows this could have been planned for a while now and could very well be the reason they have signed so many new tenants lately.

matt9112

What the hell is the big deAL for Apple stores. I have never set foot in one and living in boston there are plenty. I even owned an iPhone once....still no desire. I wouldn't be caught dead buying a computer from apple so...but alas that's just my opinion.

Jon81uk

What the hell is the big deAL for Apple stores. I have never set foot in one and living in boston there are plenty. I even owned an iPhone once....still no desire. I wouldn't be caught dead buying a computer from apple so...but alas that's just my opinion.

One of the main reasons they are busy is that all the computers are connected to the Internet, so many people just treat it as a free internet cafe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom