The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

probably because there was a lot of mergers and repurchases.
like FoxKids being merged with CN, Disney only having one channel, Nickelodeon having another single channel, Boomerang being there..
Disney now having 3 channels (DisneyKids, Disney channel and DisneyKN), nick also has 2 channels (Nickelodeon as in NickTV and the other Nick Jr). Boomerang removed. and 2 other kid channels I do not remember their names.
Wow, that's totally different than here.

MOXOMUMD

Facebook: Happy Fourth of July!
Me: Er, it's not the fourth of July for another two hours.

This Hawaiian timezone thing is weird.

Anyway, tomorrow, we will be spending our Fourth of July (and last full day here) on the beach and by the pool. They are doing fireworks on the beach, so that should be cool

Also, random, but when I was snorkeling today, I saw a fish that was about 4-5 feet long.:eek: I think it might have been an eel, but it was huge. Just in case, I looked at it, thought, "Oh cool," and swam in another direction.
Wow, I bet that's something you'll always remember! "Swim away! Swim away!"

MOXOMUMD

And now it's time for random thoughts and observations that have absolutely nothing to do with one another...

They play Disney music in Hawaiian in the elevators. So far, I've heard "You've Got a Friend in Me" "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" "It's a Small World" "When You Wish Upon a Star" "We Belong Together" (Toy Story 3) and "That's How you Know" (Enchanted) in Hawaiian. Plus the original "Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride".

Snorkeling at 11 am is generally better than at 3 pm

We saw a bunch of rainbows in Honolulu and have not seen one since getting to Aulani.

It is more hot and humid here than in previous years.

The most sunburn I have gotten is a little pink on my arms and shoulders, which has turned by the next day. Meanwhile, my father, who is not as vigilant with the sunscreen and refused to wear the SPF 70 until about the beginning of this week because he "wasn't going to get a tan with the SPF 70" :)confused::rolleyes:) now has a blistering sunburn on his shoulders. Which will be miserable (I know because I got one last year in Hilton Head; I now own a swim shirt which I wear in the ocean)

There are fewer bees here, but the bugs are nasty. I've got bites all up my arms, except for where my brace goes.

That concludes random thoughts. I'm very tired and am extra scatter-brained when I get tired.
Maybe Disney charges extra for rainbow views? ;)

catmom46

Fireworks still going off around here at 11pm! Hopefully it'll stop soon cuz it's stressing out one of our doggies (the other one is snoring loudly, though).

And so much bad local news just for today: a small plane crashed on a beach, wounding a 12-year-old boy (but at least not fatally), a Greyhound bus crashed, 2 people were stabbed, 2 buildings caught fire, and a car swerved off a cliff, killing 2 kids. Definitely takes away the joy of a holiday. :(

MOXOMUMD

Glad you're stepping in to help socialize the neighbor's dog. Rotties are very powerful animals, and they need to get out and walk. As long as your neighbors take the dog on a leash, he should be o.k., provided he knows that they are alpha. If they are not alpha, I'd suggest they take him to a few group dog training classes.
When I first met my ex, his roommate had a rottweiler that always had that "I'm gonna chew your face off!" look. He was trained as a watchdog.

MOXOMUMD

Though I'm pretty sure no one here is drinking 16 cups of tea of day. o_O

On a side note...I love black tea. Earl Grey, English breakfast, Irish breakfast. Rooibos which is a red tea but we'll just add that in. I tried green tea and camomile and didn't like it. Peanuts are a weakness of mine also.

As for coffee, I have k-cups but as soon as my current batch runs out. I don't think I'm buying more. Which leaves me coffeeless. I also hate Dunkin Donuts coffee....too watery and light, which I go by 50 of them on the way to work.
Green tea = :hungover: for me

StarWarsGirl

Just got in from watching fireworks on the beach. Took a while. Today it has been mobbed over here. My parents took a drive in the morning. They gave us the option of staying here or going with them. I opted to stay here, and my brother went with them. I could only find a lounge chair by the adults only pool. There were no other chairs. I went to the beach for a while and had to put my stuff on the grass near the edge because there were no lounge chairs. When my parents got there, the family next to us, who had three chairs reserved, gave up one of their chairs so that we had two, not just one. That was nice. My brother had to come over to the section once they got back from their drive, but basically, he was there to be sunscreened and leave his shoes there. Not like we had much of a choice. No one complained; he behaved himself.

Tomorrow, we say aloha, meaning goodbye, to Hawaii. I'm sad that it's over, but we've got four weeks at home, and then off to WDW. And a busy four weeks it will be. It's really my opportunity for having an actual social life until the semester restarts. Whereas during the semester, I kind of text people and go, "You got homework? Yup, I've got it too" and then my socializing is basically meals on campus and maybe occasionally hanging out. Bittersweet, though, because I have no idea when I will be back.

And we have in-flight entertainment. Cinderella, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and the Longest Ride (yes, Nicholas Sparks sap. I happen to like it; also read the book while I was here) are all playing. Thinking I will watch one or all of those. Probably will only sleep for a few hours on the plane and then a little on the flight from Atlanta to BWI, and then get to bed early when we get home Monday to put myself back on Eastern time.

catmom46

Just got in from watching fireworks on the beach. Took a while. Today it has been mobbed over here. My parents took a drive in the morning. They gave us the option of staying here or going with them. I opted to stay here, and my brother went with them. I could only find a lounge chair by the adults only pool. There were no other chairs. I went to the beach for a while and had to put my stuff on the grass near the edge because there were no lounge chairs. When my parents got there, the family next to us, who had three chairs reserved, gave up one of their chairs so that we had two, not just one. That was nice. My brother had to come over to the section once they got back from their drive, but basically, he was there to be sunscreened and leave his shoes there. Not like we had much of a choice. No one complained; he behaved himself.

Tomorrow, we say aloha, meaning goodbye, to Hawaii. I'm sad that it's over, but we've got four weeks at home, and then off to WDW. And a busy four weeks it will be. It's really my opportunity for having an actual social life until the semester restarts. Whereas during the semester, I kind of text people and go, "You got homework? Yup, I've got it too" and then my socializing is basically meals on campus and maybe occasionally hanging out. Bittersweet, though, because I have no idea when I will be back.

And we have in-flight entertainment. Cinderella, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and the Longest Ride (yes, Nicholas Sparks sap. I happen to like it; also read the book while I was here) are all playing. Thinking I will watch one or all of those. Probably will only sleep for a few hours on the plane and then a little on the flight from Atlanta to BWI, and then get to bed early when we get home Monday to put myself back on Eastern time.

Yes, it's always sad when vacation is over. But I'm sure the 4 weeks are going to fly by and then you'll be at another happy place. And then I'll need your trip reports to get over my vacation being over! :cat:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom