Pretty disappointed about airfare rates right now...

DiSnEyF@n

Southwest released airfare for 2016 up to March on 6/30. We're going in February.... The morning of 6/30 I went on and checked the rates and it was $99 each way and the times were perfect.... We decided to wait and book closer to February. What a mistake!!!! The rates are now $200 each way. What was I thinking???

Someone please tell me they will have more flights or something?!?!?! I am really kicking myself here.

jaklgreen

Never pass up a good rate like that. If you see it, book instantly because it will be gone in a few hours never to be seen again. Southwest in my experience does not usually add new flights or times.(at least not from where I fly out of) Your best bet is to hope they have some kind of sale but usually they get more and more expensive. So sorry you missed out.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Are you able to utilize other airlines beside southwest? Frontier and spirit airlines both regularly have very good sales! We got flights from frontier for $60 each way for our past may trip and bought them a few months in advance...

Upvote 0

stevehousse

But if you think of it, southwest really in th past 2 years hasn't had stellar discounts like they used too! Just think of southwest as your luggage price is included in the fair instead of extra! Where are you flying out of?

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
But if you think of it, southwest really in th past 2 years hasn't had stellar discounts like they used too! Just think of southwest as your luggage price is included in the fair instead of extra! Where are you flying out of?

We fly out of Philly but could also do Atlantic City Airport too... (Newark is also an option)...

Upvote 0

LdyApxr

I was just coming to look for flight info! LOL We are local to SFO/OAK/SMF and we are going in May of 2016 and I was wondering if it was preferable to book my own flight or ask our TA at Kingdom Konsultants to book for us? I usually book our own flights but those have been either within CA or trips that came up suddenly(needing to be in MI in a matter of days or weeks) but wondering how early is too early or how late is too late booking wise.

Upvote 0

pajammies

Are you able to utilize other airlines beside southwest? Frontier and spirit airlines both regularly have very good sales! We got flights from frontier for $60 each way for our past may trip and bought them a few months in advance...

Frontier. Period. Great fares, great crew. You won't regret it.

We use to fly Frontier up until a few years ago (I feel like something happened with the company, no clue what) but haven't been able to the last few times.

stevehousse- Our next trip is in November and we are flying Southwest at the $99 rate, but just for the heck of it I checked Frontiers rates, and they are not flying to MCO in November (from MKE) I think I saw in another thread you went in May?
I originally saw your post about that awesome deal and was hoping to get that price also, but they didn't have their prices out for November when Southwest came out with that sale. Good thing I took that risk because I was very surprised to see Frontier NOT flying after you mentioned you got tickets from them.
Anyway, all that to say, maybe they are not flying to MCO from the op's location either.

ETA, op sorry you missed that sale, that stinks. And I have no for sure info from recently, but I was told that they add flights if they fill up quickly. But I suppose it is a risk, because if they don't and a flight, prices will probably continue to rise.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Use frontier. They always have killer deals with philly and trenton. Even with bags it can be cheaper. Me and my wife just share a single check bag for $25 and you can bring a small backpack for free. They are slow though, just be sure to arrive early for arrival and depart.

Be sure to sign up for flyfrontier newsletter.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Yes frontier rarely flies out of MKE at all! We flew out of Ohare and just drove and parked the car in a lot! That was a deal I got online too which was $52 dollars I believe for 8 days of parking. Most places were $70 or more!

Frontier, I checked, and they don't have flights that go out as far as your trip yet (only until Jan 4th right now). They should be released very soon I would imagine.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

We use to fly Frontier up until a few years ago (I feel like something happened with the company, no clue what) but haven't been able to the last few times.

stevehousse- Our next trip is in November and we are flying Southwest at the $99 rate, but just for the heck of it I checked Frontiers rates, and they are not flying to MCO in November (from MKE) I think I saw in another thread you went in May?
I originally saw your post about that awesome deal and was hoping to get that price also, but they didn't have their prices out for November when Southwest came out with that sale. Good thing I took that risk because I was very surprised to see Frontier NOT flying after you mentioned you got tickets from them.
Anyway, all that to say, maybe they are not flying to MCO from the op's location either.

ETA, op sorry you missed that sale, that stinks. And I have no for sure info from recently, but I was told that they add flights if they fill up quickly. But I suppose it is a risk, because if they don't and a flight, prices will probably continue to rise.

Forgot to quote you!

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Rates always fluctuate, so keep checking but as mentioned if you see a good deal, jump on it. You may not see it again. Personally I'm rather disgusted by the cost of flights. I live in Boston and it can cost me nearly the same amount of $$ to fly to Orlando that it does to San Francisco. I'd probably take more WDW trips if it weren't for the cost of flying. I can't justify spending 1,400 dollars every year, never mind multiple times a year.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Yes frontier rarely flies out of MKE at all! We flew out of Ohare and just drove and parked the car in a lot! That was a deal I got online too which was $52 dollars I believe for 8 days of parking. Most places were $70 or more!

Frontier, I checked, and they don't have flights that go out as far as your trip yet (only until Jan 4th right now). They should be released very soon I would imagine.

I know... I have to wait another month before they have their Feb rates out... Oh well... It's all a part of the FUN in planning our trip!! lol

Upvote 0

SAV

Yes frontier rarely flies out of MKE at all!

I dunno, I just checked a random Monday in November and there was a long list of Frontier flights out of Milwaukee.

I'm located about half way between O'Hare and Mitchell and we generally choose MKE because the airfare is cheaper to MCO. I never remember not being able to find available flights on Frontier. That said, we usually fly Southwest because it is always cheaper than Frontier/Air Tran/Midwest Express.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

We fly out of Philly but could also do Atlantic City Airport too... (Newark is also an option)...
I fly out of AC also since Spirit has been the best prices the last 3 trips! Like someone else mentioned, when you see a good rate like that, don't pass it up because it will go up. That is why I booked my Nov flights back in January through Spirit- $126 round trip, nonstop flights to MCO. I could not pass that up and now it is over $400! Even paying for my bag each way and picked my seats, came out well under $200 round trip. Southwest may fly bags free, but their prices are crazy expensive so I just have no urge to fly SW. Plus I like the quiet, laidback feel of ACY.. It is less hectic, easy to navigate through since its a lot smaller than Philly Int'l. Keep checking and I hope you find cheaper rates!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

SWA will have sales on and off. If you're not going until Feb, you have plenty of time for them to offer more sales. I've found their deepest sales usually occur 2-4 months before travel dates. I signed up for their emails so that I'm notified any time they have sales. I often book as soon as a see my fares in an acceptable sale range, but every now and then, a better sale comes out after the fact...so, I rebook and then use the credit for future travel. I have a feeling you'll see decent prices for your Feb dates between Oct and Nov.

Upvote 0

pajammies

Ugh! That price is good from Ohare. I could have saved $80 for the 2 of us. But I will say, we would prefer not driving to Ohare.
I'll have to remember them for next time though, until you brought them up in another post, I had completely forgot about them.

Someone else mentioned Midwest Express, are they still in business? I'll have to check that, I thought they were gone.

Upvote 0

TheMouseFan

Southwest released airfare for 2016 up to March on 6/30. We're going in February.... The morning of 6/30 I went on and checked the rates and it was $99 each way and the times were perfect.... We decided to wait and book closer to February. What a mistake!!!! The rates are now $200 each way. What was I thinking???

Someone please tell me they will have more flights or something?!?!?! I am really kicking myself here.
Make sure to check back on Tuesdays. I have found that they tend to have cheaper flights first thing on Tuesday, then the price increases as the seats fill up. They will likely offer the $99 or a better rate again before your trip! Sending some pixie dust your way!!

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Make sure to check back on Tuesdays. I have found that they tend to have cheaper flights first thing on Tuesday, then the price increases as the seats fill up. They will likely offer the $99 or a better rate again before your trip! Sending some pixie dust your way!!

Thank you for your optimism! I appreciate it. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom