Disneyland Latin America

ULPO46

Original Poster
Before the Walt Disney Company ever visits the land down under I feel and many other people feel that Disney's next quest on global expansion of their parks and resorts will be in Latin America. To build a Disneyland style park. Shanghai and Hong Kong take care of much of the Asian crowds along with Tokyo. Dubai at one point was considered but the political-volatile instability of the region is a no no for corporate. So the next logical region would be Latin America. Composing of some 600 million people it seems the logical choice for Disney's next step within the next 20 years. What are the opinions out there and please no racism to the Brazilians whom do happen to be the majority of Latin American tourist at the Parks in Florida and California.

ULPO46

Original Poster
Oh God, yes, please.
Well I'm glad to stipulate that there are plans being thrown around nothing more than number that the next phase of Global Expansion is Latin America. Possibly Brazil where the government is semi-Stable and land is cheap and abundant.

Sped2424

Before the Walt Disney Company ever visits the land down under I feel and many other people feel that Disney's next quest on global expansion of their parks and resorts will be in Latin America. To build a Disneyland style park. Shanghai and Hong Kong take care of much of the Asian crowds along with Tokyo. Dubai at one point was considered but the political-volatile instability of the region is a no no for corporate. So the next logical region would be Latin America. Composing of some 600 million people it seems the logical choice for Disney's next step within the next 20 years. What are the opinions out there and please no racism to the Brazilians whom do happen to be the majority of Latin American tourist at the Parks in Florida and California.
all up for discussing this. But you put this in the wrong place friend. This is a general discussion post!

ULPO46

Original Poster
all up for discussing this. But you put this in the wrong place friend. This is a general discussion post!
This is geneneral discussion i want to see how people feel about another overseas park. Or perhaps the idea of a park in the middle of the us to alleviate the stress on DL and WDW.

ULPO46

Original Poster
For example china got two parks on their coast less than 3,000 miles between them. Why doesnt disney look at a central not prone to twisters area of the country?

Sped2424

This is geneneral discussion i want to see how people feel about another overseas park. Or perhaps the idea of a park in the middle of the us to alleviate the stress on DL and WDW.
You didn't post it in the general discussion area! That's what I meant. You posted this thread in the news and rumors area, which this does not qualify as. There is no "stress" on DL or WDW with tour groups. Only more $$$.

roj2323

I agree brazil would make the most sense. The population of just over 200Million reenforces the likelihood that if it happens it will be there.

ULPO46

Original Poster
You didn't post it in the general discussion area! That's what I meant. You posted this thread in the news and rumors area, which this does not qualify as. There is no "stress" on DL or WDW with tour groups. Only more $$$.

Apologies hopefully an admin will move it.

ULPO46

Original Poster
If a park is built in let's say Brazil, how would that affect the attendance for DL and WDW?
It wouldn't it would only work as a regional park. Just like Shanghai, Paris, Hong Kong, and Tokyo do and will do eventually when Shanghai is opened. They are more or less identical copies of the original two parks. Also I stated the possibility of building a third resort somewhere in the middle of the nation. Originally after the success of the Disneyland Walt was looking into the possibility of building two resorts one somewhere on the east coast and one somewhere near Missouri of course only Disney World was phased as it didn't seem logical to run three resort in the same nation. But today I believe it could be possible. Although Disneyland Paris has had financial issues in it's short history, more people visit Disneyland Paris Annually then they do the Eifel Tower making it Europe's largest and most visited Tourist attraction!

lpereira

That CNN article is a waste of over generalized garbage. The wealth gap in Brazil is not that far off of the wealth gap in the US.
My husband frequently says the reason he came to the US is because in Brazil if he works hard he can buy a home, a vacation house, and a car- but in the US there is no limit to what he can buy. There are no mortgages to speak of in that country. In the southern part the cost of living is the same as this country With Sao Paulo equal to NYC and his home town of Caxambu roughly equivalent to Iowa.
As far as a park in Brazil ok but the tour groups continue unabated. My daughter, who will be 9 in a month, frequently talks about her 15th birthday trip from Brazil to WDW with a tour group. It is a cultural thing there. All her cousins have gone when they have turned 15. Nevermind that we can go, and have gone, yearly. It isn't the same. Nothing stops the groups. It is ingrained. I find them infectiously fun. I dont want to get stuck in a line behind them for a ride but other than that I just enjoy seeing kids having a good time.

ShareBDwithMickey

Where ever Disney chooses, if they choose to open another park, it is unlikely to be Australia as the figures just don't add up. The problem with Australia is that it would have to be placed somewhere close to a major air hub as the domestic market is not large enough or economically strong enough to sustain a park on its own.

This presents issues issues with land availability etc.

One of the main problems with Disneyland Paris, excluding the fact that its not actually very close to Paris, is the fact that it doesn't attract a financially significantly amount of foreign visitors, the thought was that there would be a huge number of European visitors other than the French, but it hasn't happened that way as it wasn't central enough. The park survives with mainly french & british tourists & very few other European visitors, however the domestic market has proven to be stubbornly low, far lower than was expected, hence annual passes being priced so reduculously low.

All the parks have to be financially viable & profitable 1st & foremost from only the domestic market, any foreign guests are the icing on the cake. Australia definately doesn't fit that category & I'm not convinced Brazil does either, Australia is just too sparsely populated & Brazil whilst populated has a very low average disposable income, not withstanding the tour groups seen at WDW.

The reason parks like Tokyo work is that they have access to a market with an unsatiable desire for their product & a very significant disposable income. China & Hong Kong tap into those same markets.

Looking around the world if I had to make a shrewd guess at where the next park might be built I would pick India or Qatar. They are both largely politically stable & have access to large populations of people, the vast majority of whom have the desposible income required.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom