Horror Make Up Show(if you have time)

IOA:
Spider-Man
Jurassic Park River Adventure
Poseidon's Fury
Popeye and Blutos Bilge Rat Barges
Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

None of those rides are big roller coasters.

Animaniac93-98

Give it 10 years? o_O

I wonder how many more things Universal will have built by then?

Still trying to wrap my head around how an "average" theme park looks like Islands of Adventure (this is where someone chimes in and goes on about how the Marvel section or one of the two exposed steel coasters someone disqualifies all of Lost Continent...and Port of Entry...and Jurassic Park...and Harry Potter...and Suess Landing...).

Mouse_Trap

IN general you CAN do both parks in one day.

Yes, in the same way you can do WDW is two days...

There's enough between USF and IoA to fill three days easily, for a first timer or to take it easy, 4 days.

Really, I will be done by late afternoon? I just read here on another post that both parks are about the size of EPCOT. I just looked at the price and am not sure if it is worth it.

Please ignore anyone who says that. They really are either talking nonsense, haven't visited since USF first opened (with a handful of rides, and no IoA), or are really only picking out the most headline of rides and attractions.

I'm not sure how the size of the parks matches up, but either USF or IoA has lots more rides than Epcot.

Mouse_Trap

We are older so we won't be doing intense coasters. However, we do RnRoller coaster and Tot all the time.

If you ride RnRC, then I would give Universal roller coasters a try. If you can handle the launched start and inversions that RnRC, and unless you are really at your limit on that, you're probably going to be just fine with those at UOR.

graphite1326

Original Poster
If you ride RnRC, then I would give Universal roller coasters a try. If you can handle the launched start and inversions that RnRC, and unless you are really at your limit on that, you're probably going to be just fine with those at UOR.
Actually RNR is a piece of cake. Rode some of the coasters at Hershey and BG. Pretty good coasters. But they aren't theme parks really.

So what are the parks at Universal? Theme parks or just Amusement parks?

JT3000

So what are the parks at Universal? Theme parks or just Amusement parks?

english-do-you-speak-it-thumb.jpg_zpsu5pn0gv3.png

graphite1326

Original Poster
I don't know why people continue to respond to what is clearly trolling. Let the thread die.
Yes please. I am sorry I started it. I was just looking of information. Clearly this is not the place to come for information on Universal. Most people here are all for it and if your not you are a jerk or so they made me feel. So I am asking the administrator to delete this thread.

graphite1326

Original Poster
There are lots of books out there that cover it -- including Beyond Disney: The Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando Sea World, and The Best of Central Florida, and Independent Guide to Universal Orlando 2015...

There is far too much to cover in a simple posting here --- you can also do a search through the universal forums in here...

IN general you CAN do both parks in one day. Their own website is a good place to start. The hours very as much as they do at WDW so you have to check their website for hours of opening from day to day.

There is plenty to do for all ages -- but the parks are built around thrills. The shows pale in comparison to WDW's , and even doing both parks you will probably run out of things to do by late afternoon, especially if you don't do all the coasters and you get started at park opening. As a general point of reference, Universal Studios is built around entertainment (think DHS on steroids), while Islands of adventure is built around thrill rides.

I go about every 8 or 9 years just to see what is new. Frankly, one visit a decade at Universal is enough for me. I spent most of my time this past winter's visit doing the Harry Potter stuff - starting at Diagon Alley in US and then taking the train over to IOA to do the Potter stuff there...
I just got back and your statement above was 100% correct. The rides; I don't know why they didn't give me 3D glasses for the day. Seems like their rides are mostly this format. Gringott was ok but is very similar to Curse of DarKastle in BG Williamsburg regardless of what people here want to think. Really disliked the fact that if you want to see all of HP you have to get a ticket for both parks. Over $300 for the two of us plus food and transportation. That is what I paid per day at WDW but my food, hotel, and ALL transportaion was included (yes airfair too). FJ was a better ride but still ANOTHER 3D ride. Jurassic Park ride was good, also MiB, and Spiderman (oops 3D ride). Rode Transformers but that's a repeat of Spiderman. Hulk was not working. Which I did want to do. I went to a stunt show and walked out it was so bad. And yes we ran out of things to do. We just didn't want to do another 3D ride.

JT3000

I just got back and your statement above was 100% correct. The rides; I don't know why they didn't give me 3D glasses for the day. Seems like their rides are mostly this format. Gringott was ok but is very similar to Curse of DarKastle in BG Williamsburg regardless of what people here want to think.

Similarity is subjective, but I think you're reaching. They're very different ride systems with very different movements. Not everything with a screen is automatically "similar."

FJ was a better ride but still ANOTHER 3D ride.

Were you under the influence while at Universal? FJ is not 3D.

graphite1326

Original Poster
Similarity is subjective, but I think you're reaching. They're very different ride systems with very different movements. Not everything with a screen is automatically "similar."

Were you under the influence while at Universal? FJ is not 3D.
I stand corrected. It was a very good ride though. I will give them that.

graphite1326

Original Poster
It's hard to believe you when you continue to insist upon this Curse of DarKastle nonsense.
But you don't understand. I don't care if you believe me or not. The graphics were better and the building was much better, but TO ME it was pretty much the same ride.
Hey you can put lipstick on a pig it's still just a pig.
Don't worry, I won't be going to Universal gain. Cost just too much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom