The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

TP2000

I sometimes feel bad, too. The goats seem fine, but I remember the mini cow that used to be there, Clarabelle, always looked sad and lonely. I always felt sorry for her.

All cows look sad and lonely. That's how they live their lives, even when they are in a herd of 100. They aren't a particularly bright or social animal. The concept of "happy cows" only exists in milk commercials.

Goats, on the other hand, somehow seem adorable and hip even when they are just sitting there staring at you and waiting to eat your shoelace.

Vegas Disney Fan

Finally making it down to see all the new additions for the 60th, I've had an AP the last few years and my last trip was in March and I can't believe I'll get to see a new fireworks show, new WoC show, new parade, new store windows, an updated Pan, an updated Soarin, and an updated Matterhorn. One more day!

GiveMeTheMusic

Off topic but an interesting article that has details about the Club 33 member who was kicked out, or in Disney speak his membership was not renewed. Really too bad a lot of the changes in recent years are apparently because of one person.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/11078/The_Man_Who_Turned_Club_33_Upside_Down

Yup. All the sympathy for this guy when this story came out was misplaced. He's infamous among club members for good reason, and most are very happy to see him go.

Vegas Disney Fan

Quick thoughts from my trip:

Paint the Night is spectacular, I saw it 3 times over 2 nights and was blown away each time.

The Disneyland Forever fireworks show was amazing, I didn't feel the fireworks themselves were as good as Wishes or Remember but the overall affect is overwhelming and I loved it.

World of Color Celebrate... I'm torn, I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see it again but I prefer the original. I can't pinpoint anything I didn't like, I think the disappointment is simply because of how good the original is.

Loved the Matterhorn upgrades, I loved the new animatronics, loved the ice windows on the lift, and after seeing it in person prefer the "collection" over the crystals. Still beat me up but I love the additions.

Peter Pan... I haven't ridden it in a couple years and made it my last ride of the night with a 30 minute wait, I'm glad I saw it and thought it looked great but I quickly remembered why I haven't ridden it in a couple years, it's so short.

Soarin... spotless and never looked better but I couldn't help but think it looked off. Maybe I'm just so used to specks and dirt not seeing them was distracting.

All in all a great trip with manageable crowd levels. The only downside is the amount of money I left behind due to all the 60th merchandise.

Travel Junkie

from DPB: I must get the Fantasmic! one.

“Fantasmic!” Chernabog sipper locations include:

“World of Color” sipper locations include:

The sipper without a beverage is $25.00 (tax included) or $28.00 with a beverage (including fountain soda, frozen carbonated beverages and frozen lemonade).

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...gic-sippers-coming-soon-to-disneyland-resort/

habuma

I just saw that the cast members are being given a nice package that includes ears, a pin, and a special edition guidemap. While I'd love to have all of those things, I'm not a cast member. But...I'd love to get my hands one one (or 20) of those guidemaps. They have Walt on the front and it's my understanding that there's an old school guidemap printed on the back. I'm guessing those are the same guidemaps that the general public will be getting.

So sad that I won't be there tomorrow. (Actually, so sad on most days that I'm not there.)

Travel Junkie

found by @dlthings on twitter.

building permit.

CKDrNN3WUAAotoJ.png:large

TP2000

I just saw that the cast members are being given a nice package that includes ears, a pin, and a special edition guidemap. While I'd love to have all of those things, I'm not a cast member.

Sounds classy and nice. Glad to hear the CM's are being thanked appropriately on the 60th Anniversary.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Sixty years ago tomorrow, Disneyland opened its gates for the first time. Have you ever wondered what that day would have looked like on Twitter … if Twitter had been around in 1955? Well, tomorrow (which also happens to be #FlashbackFriday) you will have your chance to see this historic day unfold in your feed!

Through the power of social media … and with a little bit of Pixie Dust … the official Disneyland Twitter account (@Disneyland) will transport followers back to Disneyland opening day – July 17, 1955. Follow along as we tweet “Live from 1955” throughout the day and feature exciting flashback moments that will bring the sights and sounds of this historic day to life!

So travel back in time with @Disneyland and the hashtag #LiveFrom55 on Twitter throughout the day tomorrow for “live” updates direct from 1955!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...e-to-july-17-1955-on-twitter-with-disneyland/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom