Parking Pass

disneydad1000

Original Poster
We are staying at CBR and were told that if our room was ready we will receive a text with building and room number and by-pass The Custom House,now my question is do we need to stop in there and get our park parking pass or will it be in our room already??

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It will not be in your room. If you want one you will need to stop at the check in desk to have them print one. But, you may not need one, since your MagicBands grant you parking access. We did direct-to-room at POFQ and were able to use our bands for parking.

disneydad1000

Original Poster
Thanks for the help..this is our 7th year in a row going and we always had the car window pass for the park parking lots..didnt realize that they put in magic band scanners in the entrances of all park parking lots.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks for the help..this is our 7th year in a row going and we always had the car window pass for the park parking lots..didnt realize that they put in magic band scanners in the entrances of all park parking lots.
That's the odd thing, they hadn't when we were there in April. At the theme parks we just held out our MagicBand and were waved on through.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Well doesn't that mean anyone who is staying off-site with magic bands can park for free..thats interesting.
Yeah I thought of that loophole. Maybe they have the hand-held scanners at the booths now? And when we visited another resort, the guard just asked for ID and didn't ask to scan a band. Personally, having the parking pass on the dashboard made it faster.

disneydad1000

Original Poster
Yeah I thought of that loophole. Maybe they have the hand-held scanners at the booths now? And when we visited another resort, the guard just asked for ID and didn't ask to scan a band. Personally, having the parking pass on the dashboard made it faster.
That's exactly what I just said to my wife..lol

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
That's the odd thing, they hadn't when we were there in April. At the theme parks we just held out our MagicBand and were waved on through.
They still give you one if you want one at check in or at the gate when you check in. Last several trips we got from the gate when checking in and one at the front desk as recent as
11/14. Others said they recently since I have been have gotten one as well when checking in if they asked for one. :)

Innkeeper's Club

It will not be in your room. If you want one you will need to stop at the check in desk to have them print one. But, you may not need one, since your MagicBands grant you parking access. We did direct-to-room at POFQ and were able to use our bands for parking.
Do you know if they are still giving the parking passes at the Boardwalk? Since I'm from Canada our MagicBands will be waiting for us when we check-in because they are not mailed outside the United States. Also since were staying Club Level at the Boardwalk the parking passes were gold and not the standard white, so that's how they knew to radio ahead at the main entrance.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Do you know if they are still giving the parking passes at the Boardwalk? Since I'm from Canada our MagicBands will be waiting for us when we check-in because they are not mailed outside the United States. Also since were staying Club Level at the Boardwalk the parking passes were gold and not the standard white, so that's how they knew to radio ahead at the main entrance.
I don't know for sure, sorry. But if I had to guess I would say a parking pass is upon request at check in, since that is how the other resorts seem to be handling it.

You may need to mention to the guard at the booth that you are club level so he can radio ahead.

Innkeeper's Club

I don't know for sure, sorry. But if I had to guess I would say a parking pass is upon request at check in, since that is how the other resorts seem to be handling it.

You may need to mention to the guard at the booth that you are club level so he can radio ahead.
In the past we never said we were staying Club Level. The Cast Member working the guard both at the Boardwalk knew we were by giving us the gold parking pass, so he or she knew to radio ahead. Although I also assume there is a list of everyone checking-in that day and it says if they stay Club Level or not.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
In the past we never said we were staying Club Level. The Cast Member working the guard both at the Boardwalk knew we were by giving us the gold parking pass, so he or she knew to radio ahead. Although I also assume there is a list of everyone checking-in that day and it says if they stay Club Level or not.
Not necessarily. We have stayed club at AKL, WL and Poly and the guards never knew we were club (and in a few cases they didn't even have our parking pass.)

The only time a guard radioed ahead for us was at Yacht Club, and we weren't even staying club level!

Innkeeper's Club

Not necessarily. We have stayed club at AKL, WL and Poly and the guards never knew we were club (and in a few cases they didn't even have our parking pass.)

The only time a guard radioed ahead for us was at Yacht Club, and we weren't even staying club level!
Worst case scenario the Cast Members who stand at the main entrances with their iPads would know if we are staying Club Level since they have a list of that days check-ins. However since all my Club Level stays at the BWI the Cast Member at the guard both would always radio ahead, so I assume that will still happen.

Innkeeper's Club

I'm confused. Does club level get you a better parking area too? Cool, if so, but I never knew that.
Staying Club Level does not get you a better parking area.

Also when it comes of those "gold" parking passes I mentioned at the Boardwalk Inn, think of them like when all the Deluxe Resorts would give their Club Level guests a "gold" Key To The World card which was different from the "blue" Key To The World cards non Club Level guests got before the resorts switched to the MagicBands.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom