Trip Report Completed: 24 Disney Hours! May 2015 Trip Report

Hi Everyone!
I've read so many trip reports here which has inspired me to write my own after many trips.
Hope y'all will follow along!

Who:
My sister, Alyssa (25), and me, Sam (27)
Here we are last December...our first visit to see the Osbourne Lights
DSC00883.JPG

When:
May 21-May 27th
We were originally planning just to go Thursday the 21st - Monday, but airfare was crazy for Memorial Day, so we were able to add two more days to the vacation and still come out ahead!

Where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

On our last trip in December 2014, we were both sad as we were on our final day, not knowing when we’d return. Then it hit me; we have to do the 24-hour day if it was happening in 2015! We had always wanted to do it but hadn't been able to make it happen, but this year – it was set, if it were to happen, we’d be there!

Imagine my excitement when I get a call from work saying I’d be traveling to Boston to co-produce Disney’s announcement of the COOLEST SUMMER EVER, kicking off with the Magic Kingdom staying open for 24 hours on May 22nd! (I'm a meteorologist/producer for Good Morning America and Disney was announcing the Coolest Summer Ever on our show! I'm also the Disney go-to person for the show, and love to take full advantage of all of the benefits working for The Walt Disney Company:happy:)

I immediately called my sister BEYOND excited that we FOR SURE have a trip to plan!!

In Boston for the announcement with OLAF!
IMG_0835.JPG

So here we are, May 21st, Disney bound!!

Alyssa was able to get crazy cheap airfare out of Philly, so she left from there, meanwhile I work in NYC and grabbed a great deal out of LaGuardia. Luckily our flights both left at the same time, and we met in MCO!

Magicbands+Disney Alex & Ani ready!
IMG_2097 1.JPG

IMG_2099.JPG

We headed to DME and unfortunately had to wait FOREVER! But we eventually made it! By this point it was around 8:30, we both had long days (I start work at 4am) and had to be up early for the kickoff to the 24 hour day…but we couldn’t just go to bed, we were in DISNEY WORLD! SO off to Magic Kingdom we went:)

SO HAPPY TO BE IN FLORIDA, PALM TREES!
IMG_2110 1.JPG

Alyssa recreating a picture from last trip when we weren’t paying attention and got off the bus at FQ instead of Riverside hah!
IMG_2113 1.JPG

I had booked FP+ in advance, in case we decided we wanted to go Thursday night, so we got there in time for the Wishes FP. I really liked the FP area, we could see great, and it didn’t feel that crowded.
IMG_2125 1.JPG

Wishes is my favorite thing in the world, I could watch it every single night and get goosebumps.

IMG_2170 1.JPG

After Wishes, we made our way to Princess Fairytale Hall for our FP with Rapunzel and Cinderella. Cinderella will always be my all time favorite, but I love Rapunzel SO much. She is always so fun!
IMG_2174 1.JPG

Rapunzel commented on our ears- she said she wants to make ears for Pascal! But since he is smaller than her foot, they would have to be really tiny! And has to change colors just like him :D

Cinderella was scared of Alyssa’s Maleficent ears ha
IMG_2180 1.JPG

It was getting late, and we had an early morning and long day ahead, so decided to head back, unpack and get to bed.

samantha788

Original Poster
FRIDAY – MAY 22!

Our super crafty mom surprised us with these tshirts she made us!!
IMG_2200 1.JPG

I always walk around quoting Anna “The sky’s awake, so I’m awake…so we have to play” She made her own little twist by saying “The park’s awake, so I’m awake!”
We got SO many compliments on them!

We got up around 4, got ready and made it to the bus in time to catch the first one from our resort around 5:15.

Once we made it to MK, we made it in with a decent spot to wait for the welcome show.
24 hours-2.jpg

Confession…we never have seen the welcome show! I don’t know why either – we usually get to the parks early, just not right at opening. I loved it though and will make a point of seeing it more often.

Olaf, Anna, Elsa and Kristoff during the welcome show!
24 hours-4.jpg

24 hours-9.jpg

24 hours-7.jpg

YAY 6AM IN THE PARK!
24 hours-14.jpg

First stop…MY CASTLE! So pretty in the pre-dawn
24 hours-15.jpg
24 hours-21.jpg
24 hours-26.jpg
24 hours-27.jpg

samantha788

Original Poster
We kind of made a goal that we wanted to try and ride everything in our day, so we started at Pooh! My sister couldn’t believe that this was our first ride (it’s her favorite hah)
24 hours-30.jpg

After Pooh, sunrise was approaching and there Is nothing I love more than sunrises and sunsets :happy:
24 hours-34.jpg

24 hours-41.jpg

24 hours-43.jpg

We waited a while and it wasn’t anything too spectacular so on we moved to meet Tiana and Naveen!
24 hours-46.jpg

This was a first for us, they were cute:)
Next up with Big Thunder Mountain!
24 hours-50.jpg

And PIRATES! This is a long standing joke where we would sing “a pirates life for Alyssa!” when she was little, and terrified! Now she loves it!
24 hours-52.jpg
24 hours-54.jpg

Also last year riding Pirates I got SOAKED. Like literally walking into a pool with all my clothes on soaked. And it was a cool December day, I was in jeans and a sweatshirt, stuck in my soaked clothes until I got to the airport that night and was able to get a change of clothes haha - now there is a sign :)

IMG_2205 1.JPG

Then we went for a magic carpet ride before making our way to the other side of the park.

24 hours-59.jpg

samantha788

Original Poster
Stopping first for more castle pictures!
24 hours-67.jpg

Then to our family favorite…the peoplemover!
We did Buzz too, we are both so AWFUL at this hahaha
24 hours-73.jpg

Then headed back up main street to catch the summer trolley show.
24 hours-86.jpg

With some pictures along the way :)
24 hours-85.jpg

24 hours-81.jpg

We headed back through the castle and when we got to the back, Drizella, Anastasia and Lady Tremaine were just finishing their meet and greet. They were walking away, when Drizella just bolted across new fantasyland to play with somebody’s bubbles. Lady Tremaine kept yelling “DRIZELLA! GET BACK HERE!” It was hilarious, and we were just caught in the middle.

24 hours-88.jpg
24 hours-90.jpg

DUMBO!
IMG_2219 1.JPG

The non-picture taker (Alyssa) actually taking pictures!
24 hours-93.jpg

Attachments

• 24 hours-76.jpg
    24 hours-76.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 36

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We have been riding Pirates for years and have never gotten wetter than a few drops from the water cannon...until a few weeks ago.

We were seated in the front row and when we reached the bottom of the hill we were hit with a wall of water...not kidding...and our shirts, shorts, socks and sneakers were completely soaked! It was the wettest we have ever gotten on a Disney ride (that wasn't in a water park!) :in pain:

The ride went down for its lengthy refurbishment the next day, and we hope the drenching issue gets fixed!

Enjoying your report so far!

samantha788

Original Poster
Love the early morning MK pictures! Thats a great walk at 6 AM!
Thank you!! It's so fun to be in the parks that early!

We have been riding Pirates for years and have never gotten wetter than a few drops from the water cannon...until a few weeks ago.

We were seated in the front row and when we reached the bottom of the hill we were hit with a wall of water...not kidding...and our shirts, shorts, socks and sneakers were completely soaked! It was the wettest we have ever gotten on a Disney ride (that wasn't in a water park!) :in pain:

The ride went down for its lengthy refurbishment the next day, and we hope the drenching issue gets fixed!

Enjoying your report so far!

Yes exactly! Same exact experience for us! All my life, never got wet on pirates. This time, we were boarding and the seat was soaked and I kept saying to my sister, I do not want to get wet, I do not want to get wet....oh well!

Thanks for reading!

ImagineerDude

I love your shirts! It looks like we had just got done meeting the Tremaine family (we were one of the last groups to meet with them) when you took those pictures. I'll be following looking for me in all your pictures!!

samantha788

Original Poster
I LOVE the shirts your mom made for you! What a clever idea. Your photos really capture all the fun you are having. My sister and I are planning a sister's trip next February. I can't wait! BTW I am a fan of GMA. How cool to be their go to gal for Disney info!
Thank you! This was our second trip, just us, and we had a blast...it's one of the things we really connect on :) Glad you like GMA!
Thank you for reading!

I love your shirts! It looks like we had just got done meeting the Tremaine family (we were one of the last groups to meet with them) when you took those pictures. I'll be following looking for me in all your pictures!!
Thank you!! That's so funny you were right there too. Maybe you'll see yourself :)

Your pictures are awesome! I love your shirts.. so clever! Following along. :)
Thank you so much!!

samantha788

Original Poster
Then to meet our dad’s favorite…GOOFY!
24 hours-99.jpg

On our walk through New Fantasyland, Gepetto was out!! That was cool
24 hours-103.jpg

We hit it’s a small world and made a pit stop in the Tangled area.
24 hours-104.jpg

24 hours-106.jpg

Funny story is that everytime we go to WDW, im like I have to go into the tangled restrooms, and we always stop in the area but I never have gone in. This time, I said it was going to be the first place I go to haha, it wasn’t our first stop – but we didn’t forget to stop, and they are beautiful!!
24 hours-109.jpg
24 hours-110.jpg

24 hours-115.jpg

24 hours-116.jpg

In our quest to do everything, we went to the Country Bear Jamboree! :)
24 hours-130.jpg

24 hours-127.jpg

samantha788

Original Poster
Next up was Splash Mountain. I’m not the biggest fan of this ride, but my sister loves it. I just don’t like walking around with wet clothes! We managed to make it out okay though:D
24 hours-131.jpg
24 hours-134.jpg
24 hours-136.jpg

Our original plan was to stay in MK for the first FOF at 12, then head back for a nap. My sister will be the first to admit that when she is tired, she is really cranky:happy:We knew we really wanted to stay overnight into the morning, so figured since we had a long day Thursday, we may as well rest and not kill ourselves.

Then when waiting for the first FOF at the beginning of the route, we decided we should try to bolt from here up to Main Street to catch it there! We both really love FOF :D

FOF ROUND 1:
24 hours-139.jpg
24 hours-140.jpg
24 hours-144.jpg
24 hours-146.jpg
24 hours-150.jpg

Anna spotted our shirts and was so excited, she got Elsa’s attention and pointed them out to her. That was exciting!
24 hours-153.jpg

24 hours-154.jpg

samantha788

Original Poster
We were so pumped about catching FOF twice that we decided we were going to stay for the 3:00 FOF, and attempt to watch that twice too :D

So in the meantime, we waited for my other favorite- Dream Along With Mickey!
My sister allows me to watch it once per trip otherwise she knows I’d watch every showing hahaha.
IMG_2224 1.JPG
IMG_2290 1.JPG
24 hours-248.jpg
24 hours-258.jpg
24 hours-260.jpg
24 hours-263.jpg
24 hours-268.jpg
24 hours-270.jpg
24 hours-274.jpg
24 hours-280.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom