Dining @ Disney- would love advice!

collinsbrooke89

Original Poster
I agree with most of your choices, having had (or always do) good meals at those locations. EXCEPT.......the Sci-Fi Diner. Despite it's rather cool theming, the food isn't anything to write home about and the film loop repeats so much during the meal that it gets old quick. If you've never been there before, I can mildly recommend you try it once...but you likely will see that it's not a "must do" kind of restaurant.
Thanks for the feedback..I won't expect to much then! We are mostly choosing this one for the experience.Our actual first option was Mama Melrose in HS but my TA said she can't get a reservation (which she thinks is weird but checking to see if something is going on with the system) but we have the Sci-Fi booked but may switch if Mama Melrose opens up.

What is everyones opinion on Liberty Tree in MK?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks for the feedback..I won't expect to much then! We are mostly choosing this one for the experience.Our actual first option was Mama Melrose in HS but my TA said she can't get a reservation (which she thinks is weird but checking to see if something is going on with the system) but we have the Sci-Fi booked but may switch if Mama Melrose opens up.

What is everyones opinion on Liberty Tree in MK?
Good to know about Mama Melrose...I have also been trying for a December ADR with no luck. Nothing at 50s Prime Time either; like you, booked Sci-Fi instead.

We LOVE Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch, mostly due to the Ooey Gooey Cake for dessert!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I definitely get what you are saying but honestly, some of our dinner choices ARE based on atmosphere versus menus. We choose sci-fi even though its burgers, fries, and milkshakes because it just looks really neat and like a fun experience. And to be honest, I struggle with being a picky eater so simple menus are good! Do you have a different suggestion at Epcot? We ate at Coral Reef Cafe on our honeymoon and Biergarten last year so decided to not to that again but are open to other suggestions!
Sci Fi has other menu items that are pretty good besides burgers, fries and milkshakes (eventhough those are good there too).
They have a shrimp/chicken (your choice) pasta dish I get that I really enjoy and I'm picky with finding good pasta. Also have steak as well and some other menu items. We have enjoyed all food we have eaten there even though it gets mixed reviews.
:)

collinsbrooke89

Original Poster
Sci Fi has other menu items that are pretty good besides burgers, fries and milkshakes (eventhough those are good there too).
They have a shrimp/chicken (your choice) pasta dish I get that I really enjoy and I'm picky with finding good pasta. Also have steak as well and some other menu items. We have enjoyed all food we have eaten there even though it gets mixed reviews.
:)
I was wondering if the pasta was good! Im not a huge burger person (but my hubby is... so this meal is really gonna be his thing..burgers/fries and shakes) but I will probably try the steak or pasta.

I think all places are going to have mixed reviews.. and we usually aren't to much of food critics so to us, i'm sure it'll be fine. Plus, we have free dining so I can't complain to much :)

sxeensweet

I was wondering if the pasta was good! Im not a huge burger person (but my hubby is... so this meal is really gonna be his thing..burgers/fries and shakes) but I will probably try the steak or pasta.

I think all places are going to have mixed reviews.. and we usually aren't to much of food critics so to us, i'm sure it'll be fine. Plus, we have free dining so I can't complain to much :)
LOL! It's not a real strong/heavy cream sauce but is a white sauce and is pretty tasty and I prefer it with the shrimp
Instead of chicken. I think you will enjoy it at least I hope you do!! lol. I personally have not had the steak but have heard it is decent/pretty good.
The shakes are delicious if you want to
Try one of those. My DH always has to
Get the Oreo one. The atmosphere cannot be beat and something you can't do anywheres else. Hope yall enjoy it just as much as we do for what it is!! :joyfull:

sxeensweet

Regarding Mama Melrose, yeah, it's booked up for my trip too.

Liberty Tree is good, at least dinner. Never done lunch. However, be aware that the mustard greens have a very... distinctive taste that's not for everybody.
The lunch at LTT is our favorite because we like the food offered at lunch especially the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. :hungry:

JusticeDisney

So we are planning our December 2015 trip to Disney! This is the 3rd year in a row we get to go but have never stayed on Disney property (last year was family reunion so we stayed in a big house, and the year before was our honeymoon and we stayed at the Wyndham in downtown disney) nor have we done Disney dining. We are going through a travel agent who has been super helpful and making all our reservations but when I ask her opinion on dining, she says "oh its great" to everything.Our ability to make reservations opened up last week so we some reservations already made but are open to changing them up.. Here is what we have so far:

Day 1 (arrival)- Dinner @ Whispering Canyon Cafe
Day 2 (MK)- Lunch reservation at Be Our Guest
Day 3 (Epcot)- Dinner reservation at San Angel Inn (I know i've read reviews its not the best, but I think that building is beautiful
Day 4 (no park)- Dinner at Ohana
Day 5 (HS)- Dinner at Sci-Fi Drive In
Day 6 (AK)- Park hop back to MK- Dinner reservation @ Be our guest.

Do we want to do be our guest for lunch and dinner?? Also, this leaves us one more table service credit... what do you guys most recommend and do you recommend nixing any of our existing reservations?
Ignore what you have read about the San Angel Inn. The food there, at least in my experience, has been outstanding. And as you said, the building and the setting in which you will dine are phenomenal. Great choice, in my opinion.

bethymouse

Do a signature restaurant if you can. The ones at the Grand Floridian: Narcoossees and Citricos are awesome! Artist Pointe is a nice one too plus California Grill. What about 'Ohana for breakfast ( characters Lilo and Stitch)? If you have 2 TS credits, then why not consider a dinner show such as The Spirit of Aloha, HoopDeeDoo, or Mickey's Backyard BBQ ( characters)? So many choices, but IMHO you can't go wrong with any of your choices. Enjoy!:D

Rinx

I've been to San Angel each of the last two visits for lunch. It may very well be the most immersive atmosphere on property for dining. The food, in my opinion, was great both times! I don't like anything to do with beans so I just ask for extra rice instead. The chicken enchiladas are my favorite, plus the chips and salsa go very well.

BOG lunch and dinner are two very different experiences. Having lunch first will make your dinner experience more enhanced than the other way around. But if you were to ax BOG lunch I'd recommend Via Napoli to fill its slot.

BON APPETIT!

Scott10

I know you said breakfast isn't necessarily your thing, but have you considered the Crystal Palace before MK actually opens? The breakfast food is outstanding and the walk there in the morning allows for some great photo ops before Main Street gets crowded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom