Unusual CP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca Kay

Original Poster
Hi guys!

So I've searched all over, can't find an answer, and hope someone here can help me out.

I'll make this short. I am Muslim. I'm not trying to wear a hijab/headscarf if I make it into the CP, but I would like to be able to wear long sleeves and long pants. I know it gets roasting hot in Orlando but it is what it is. Do most costumes involve bare legs and arms, and could I let my recruiter know about this and NOT get turned down? I also have a small tattoo on my wrist from my highschool days so I guess sleeves would be a given either way. Any advice would be awesome.

Applying for spring 2016 when the application opens up :)

Thanks!

lazyboy97o

Religious discrimination is illegal and Disney has already found themselves in legal messes with Muslim women. There are a variety of costume choices available for each look and there should be an option that fits your very basic desires. Despite the previous post, costumes are not just issued and you get what you get. You check out costumes from wardrobe, giving you a degree of control over what approved pieces you where.

Becca Kay

Original Poster
I said I DO NOT wear any hijab or headcovering. I asked only about long sleeves and costumes. I also have a smallish tattoo on my wrist, so I could use that reason as well.

I'm not sure how the first reply misread my first post into thinking I did or wanted to cover my hair except on my personal time.

Happy 4th of July, guys!

katiekinzakat

All short sleeved costumes have long sleeve options for "winter wear" that can be worn year round. Same goes for shorts vs. pants. If shorts are an option, long pants are absolutely an option as well. Note that reverse is not necessarily true. Some costumes only have a long pants option and no shorts are allowed. The only time you may run into trouble with bare legs is with costumes that require skirts/dresses, but even still, most of them are mid calf length or longer, with some hitting right at the knee.

Costuming does depend on the role chosen, but there are plenty of options. It might be worth mentioning it to the recruiter, but only if the possibility of wearing a skirt bothers you. I have plenty of friends who wear sleeves year round to cover tattoos, and they've never had any issues with it (though depending on how high your tattoo is you may want to wear a watch to cover it as well in case your sleeves ride up)

((I don't know why reading comprehension is so hard))

lazyboy97o

I said I DO NOT wear any hijab or headcovering. I asked only about long sleeves and costumes. I also have a smallish tattoo on my wrist, so I could use that reason as well.

I'm not sure how the first reply misread my first post into thinking I did or wanted to cover my hair except on my personal time.

Happy 4th of July, guys!
He just wants to believe that Disney actively and rampantly discriminates. Even if you later decide that you do wish to cover your hair, Disney must accommodate such religious preferences. You're desire for longer garments are simple and will mostly come down to your own choices of the available options.

Becca Kay

Original Poster
Thanks for the concern. I actually did the reverse. I used to wear it as a young teen. I don't now because faith of any kind is in the heart, not on the head. I have yet to be shunned by the good Muslims and the ones who do....don't have time for that.

And it's called a hijab. Burka is the blue trash bag thing going on in Afghanistan. Agree, not sure if you're trolling or what with the borderline racist stuff.

I got the answers I need. Thanks all!!

The Mom

Premium Member
There are other religions who have members who wear clothing that is more modest than average, so it isn't just an issue with one group. There are also people who may need to cover up to avoid sun exposure. As mentioned, WDW/DL has had experience with them. I think the OPs question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom