The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

I just found this article online that says "Black tea is rich in the food compound oxalate, which had likely clogged the man's kidneys and inflamed them, leading to renal failure and the need for dialysis."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...neys-failed-after-he-drank-too-much-iced-tea/

Though I'm pretty sure no one here is drinking 16 cups of tea of day. o_O

On a side note...I love black tea. Earl Grey, English breakfast, Irish breakfast. Rooibos which is a red tea but we'll just add that in. I tried green tea and camomile and didn't like it. Peanuts are a weakness of mine also.

As for coffee, I have k-cups but as soon as my current batch runs out. I don't think I'm buying more. Which leaves me coffeeless. I also hate Dunkin Donuts coffee....too watery and light, which I go by 50 of them on the way to work.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Though I'm pretty sure no one here is drinking 16 cups of tea of day. o_O

On a side note...I love black tea. Earl Grey, English breakfast, Irish breakfast. Rooibos which is a red tea but we'll just add that in. I tried green tea and camomile and didn't like it. Peanuts are a weakness of mine also.

As for coffee, I have k-cups but as soon as my current batch runs out. I don't think I'm buying more. Which leaves me coffeeless. I also hate Dunkin Donuts coffee....too watery and light, which I go by 50 of them on the way to work.

Have you tried the Starbucks K cups? Their French roast is pretty good. As for going out and buying cups of coffee, I'll buy Starbucks any day over Dunkies. Dunks is decent coffee, but I just really like strong roasts and Starbucks makes excellent coffee in their shops. Sounds like you only have Dunks in your area, though.

FutureCEO

Have you tried the Starbucks K cups? Their French roast is pretty good. As for going out and buying cups of coffee, I'll buy Starbucks any day over Dunkies. Dunks is decent coffee, but I just really like strong roasts and Starbucks makes excellent coffee in their shops. Sounds like you only have Dunks in your area, though.

Currently I have the breakfast blend Starbucks k cup. It's funny, I've been to Starbucks more in NYC than my own house. I have a Starbucks in the town/city where I work but horrible parking and out of my way. There's also other one out of my way too. I get Starbucks a lot in the airport waiting for flights.

It's funny how we both live in Dunkin Donut land and both like Starbucks.

FutureCEO

Pre-firework show at Disney last night

wx-070315-8-disney.jpg

betty rose

Ketchup? On eggs?:hungover:

No. If the eggs are just plain scrambled, then they must have salt and pepper only. If you're making them yourself, you should add ham, green pepper, maybe mushrooms, whatever you like, and then they are no longer bland.

Ketchup on eggs. I think you've been hanging around @JenniferS too much.
Ketchup? On eggs?:hungover:

No. If the eggs are just plain scrambled, then they must have salt and pepper only. If you're making them yourself, you should add ham, green pepper, maybe mushrooms, whatever you like, and then they are no longer bland.

Ketchup on eggs. I think you've been hanging around @JenniferS too much.
Yay! No rain here either. :)
I love ketchup on eggs too! :hungry:

betty rose

betty rose

The article also says "Other foods such as strawberries and spinach are also rich in oxalate. The doctors note that 'acute oxalate nephropath' involving over-consumption of star fruit, rhubarb and peanuts has been documented previously documented."

Do you avoid those foods as well Betty?
Thank you for the information, if Doctor mentioned peanuts, I don't remember. You just saved me from making a dietary mistake. Deep greens are not allowed either, the food list just gets longer and longer. I can have ice burg lettuce, no flavor there! I appreciate your looking this up . :D

betty rose

The article also says "Other foods such as strawberries and spinach are also rich in oxalate. The doctors note that 'acute oxalate nephropath' involving over-consumption of star fruit, rhubarb and peanuts has been documented previously documented."

Do you avoid those foods as well Betty?
I forgot, I knew about berries, and spinach, and don't eat them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom