The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

That's much better than meds and no side effects!
Yes, that is the best, no side effects. The meds make you, at the very least, feel weird (other than excedrin, which really doesn't have any side effects), and in my case, they make me fall asleep. I do occasionally have to use the meds (though if I do, it's a good bet I'm getting sick) but other than Excedrin, they're not my first line of defense, which is good. I'm just glad I've got something that works. My poor aunt, who is the worst saddled with the migraines out of all of us (it's me, my grandmother, who was just recently diagnosed with a rare migraine form that actually is painless, aunt, and hers and my dad's younger half sister, plus I believe my cousin as well) cannot find a medication that works. For her, it's ibuprofen and bed, and sometimes it's so bad that she can't sleep. So I'm very fortunate that something natural works well for me. Senior year of high school, I had them very badly. I would go to the nurse, and she would take one look at me and hand me my Excedrin. I wish I knew then what I knew now.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes, that is the best, no side effects. The meds make you, at the very least, feel weird (other than excedrin, which really doesn't have any side effects), and in my case, they make me fall asleep. I do occasionally have to use the meds (though if I do, it's a good bet I'm getting sick) but other than Excedrin, they're not my first line of defense, which is good. I'm just glad I've got something that works. My poor aunt, who is the worst saddled with the migraines out of all of us (it's me, my grandmother, who was just recently diagnosed with a rare migraine form that actually is painless, aunt, and hers and my dad's younger half sister, plus I believe my cousin as well) cannot find a medication that works. For her, it's ibuprofen and bed, and sometimes it's so bad that she can't sleep. So I'm very fortunate that something natural works well for me. Senior year of high school, I had them very badly. I would go to the nurse, and she would take one look at me and hand me my Excedrin. I wish I knew then what I knew now.
Have you ever done an elimination diet? I know certain foods can be triggers.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Seriously, is it even possible to have eggs without ketchup on them. Seems like they would be terribly bland. I always thought that this was a northern thing. When we travel south I never saw that anyplace, however, since more and more "yankees" are deciding that ice and snow is not necessarily a "winter wonderland" and have moved south, I am seeing it more often.
The last sentence was obviously written with @MinnieM123 as the exception to the rule. There's got to be one in every group. ;)

I don't put ketchup on eggs and I'm from the North. Must have been different over in your part of the North, or as my grandmother used to say, "That man looks like he came from the opposite side of the tracks . . ." o_O :p

As for your spoiler comment, I take that as a compliment. We "exceptions" are a hearty bunch and never run away from a few harmless, pretty snowflakes! :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, we have signs like this posted all over the highways down here, but, apparently an inordinate amount of people that are able to attain drivers licenses are also illiterate...

Hmm. So I've been giving these types of road signs some thought. If the illiterates obviously can't read them, then perhaps the state needs to replace those signs with more visual road signs. They could show 3 lanes of traffic lines with a tortoise in the right-hand lane, a horse in the middle lane, and a cheetah in the far left lane.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was invited next door to socialize their rotweiller, (sp) this afternoon, he is over 90 pounds, and very much a puppy, I love dogs, and he is sweet but powerful, and playful. I take every opportunity to play with him. It will take time, they don't walk him much because most people in the neighborhood are afraid of his size. I grew up with dogs, and I will take all the time I can get. As I miss having a dog of my own. I have the best neighbor's next door. letting me spend time with him. they are very great dogs! bless your doggies heart!

Glad you're stepping in to help socialize the neighbor's dog. Rotties are very powerful animals, and they need to get out and walk. As long as your neighbors take the dog on a leash, he should be o.k., provided he knows that they are alpha. If they are not alpha, I'd suggest they take him to a few group dog training classes.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
How weird the pic didn't show up until I replied to it. o_O

I've also had a few I could not see that donaldtoo posted recently. Most of his pictures I can see (the bathtub dog one came out fine!), but not all. Sometimes, but not all the time, if you hit the reply button, the picture will miraculously "appear". I don't know how that happens or why it only happens just some of the time. :confused:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The article also says "Other foods such as strawberries and spinach are also rich in oxalate. The doctors note that 'acute oxalate nephropath' involving over-consumption of star fruit, rhubarb and peanuts has been documented previously documented."

Do you avoid those foods as well Betty?

Maybe if she ate those foods on moderation, it would be o.k. It might just be the tea that really bothers her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom