The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

I love this one, too:

e8cf04e3f67c4360afcbc37d0dcaf303.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Facebook: Happy Fourth of July!
Me: Er, it's not the fourth of July for another two hours.

This Hawaiian timezone thing is weird.

Anyway, tomorrow, we will be spending our Fourth of July (and last full day here) on the beach and by the pool. They are doing fireworks on the beach, so that should be cool

Also, random, but when I was snorkeling today, I saw a fish that was about 4-5 feet long.:eek: I think it might have been an eel, but it was huge. Just in case, I looked at it, thought, "Oh cool," and swam in another direction.

StarWarsGirl

And now it's time for random thoughts and observations that have absolutely nothing to do with one another...

They play Disney music in Hawaiian in the elevators. So far, I've heard "You've Got a Friend in Me" "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" "It's a Small World" "When You Wish Upon a Star" "We Belong Together" (Toy Story 3) and "That's How you Know" (Enchanted) in Hawaiian. Plus the original "Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride".

Snorkeling at 11 am is generally better than at 3 pm

We saw a bunch of rainbows in Honolulu and have not seen one since getting to Aulani.

It is more hot and humid here than in previous years.

The most sunburn I have gotten is a little pink on my arms and shoulders, which has turned by the next day. Meanwhile, my father, who is not as vigilant with the sunscreen and refused to wear the SPF 70 until about the beginning of this week because he "wasn't going to get a tan with the SPF 70" :)confused::rolleyes:) now has a blistering sunburn on his shoulders. Which will be miserable (I know because I got one last year in Hilton Head; I now own a swim shirt which I wear in the ocean)

There are fewer bees here, but the bugs are nasty. I've got bites all up my arms, except for where my brace goes.

That concludes random thoughts. I'm very tired and am extra scatter-brained when I get tired.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Facebook: Happy Fourth of July!
Me: Er, it's not the fourth of July for another two hours.

This Hawaiian timezone thing is weird.

Anyway, tomorrow, we will be spending our Fourth of July (and last full day here) on the beach and by the pool. They are doing fireworks on the beach, so that should be cool

Also, random, but when I was snorkeling today, I saw a fish that was about 4-5 feet long.:eek: I think it might have been an eel, but it was huge. Just in case, I looked at it, thought, "Oh cool," and swam in another direction.
I'm glad you're having so much fun!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have a medical issue with iced tea, I used to have it with breakfast , lunch , and dinner..and in between. It is so good, along came kidney stones and I had to give it up . I hate my urologist! not really I don't have as many stones , but I miss my tea, a lot!
Sympathy like! Is it all tea that you can't have? Can you have rooibos sp? It's not the same plant, similar taste but a bit on the sweet side.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Recipe please, all my homemade recipes have tons of sugar, I'll admit some of my recipe books are around 50 years old!
4cloves roasted garlic
2/3 cup soy, cashew or almond milk unsweetened
1/3 cup cashew butter or 2/3 cups raw cashews soaked overnight
1tbsp +1tsp fresh lemon juice (I like more lemon juice)
1 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
2 tsp Dijon mustard
dash black pepper
I add 1 tbsp. wakame
Put in blender and run until smooth

Figgy1

Premium Member
Those were nice times when you could give away FPs you absolutely couldn't use to someone waiting in line.
I miss that also. The other good pass it on was during Year od a Million Dreams, the all day FP they were giving out a group had those and they left MK about 4:30 and gave us theirs when we went to find a spot to watch the parade and fireworks we passes it on. MK was open until 1 or 2 that night I always hoped it was I saw a few people pass those on during that trip.used until closing.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It has been crazy, even with the temps rising I'm starting out in jeans, shorts for a few hours and back into jeans.We've had so much rain I'm wearing seat coats just to keep the misquotes off me. I look like I have chicken poxs. I sprayed the back of the property completely down with liquid bug eliminator cause the poor Pup can't even go out without being swarmed. It is freak'n July.
I have citronella plants around my property they seem to keep the mosquitos at bay. My friends down the street always seem to be covered in bites so I know there some in my area. Some here call them the state bird. When I head out walking I either use Avon skin so soft of some citronella oil.

StarWarsGirl

I have a medical issue with iced tea, I used to have it with breakfast , lunch , and dinner..and in between. It is so good, along came kidney stones and I had to give it up . I hate my urologist! not really I don't have as many stones , but I miss my tea, a lot!
Oof. Sympathy like. I've had a couple of kidney infections in my lifetime, and they were painful.

Is it just dark teas that you can't have or all teas? I know when I had mine, I was restricted to lighter liquids. So I could have Sprite, Green tea, and white tea, but no Coke or black tea. I hope I don't get another one; Chai tea is my migraine preventer/remedy

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oof. Sympathy like. I've had a couple of kidney infections in my lifetime, and they were painful.

Is it just dark teas that you can't have or all teas? I know when I had mine, I was restricted to lighter liquids. So I could have Sprite, Green tea, and white tea, but no Coke or black tea. I hope I don't get another one; Chai tea is my migraine preventer/remedy
I love chai but mostly in winter.

StarWarsGirl

I love chai but mostly in winter.
I drink it year round, mostly because it keeps my migraines at bay. I drink it many mornings instead of coffee since I don't like coffee.

The other day, I started with one. Chai tea + two Excedrin migraine + nap in a dark room and in an hour, I was fine. I have no idea what it is about the Chai, but it's the only one that works. And its less expensive than the prescription medications with fewer side effects. Discovered that it worked when I was at school and had one and grabbed a Chai tea latte for some caffeine. Then I started doing it on a regular basis, and discovered it really helped. Hmm... chai tea from a box (or a $3 latte if I'm out) or $40 migraine pill, which I can only get six of per month? Hmm...

Figgy1

Premium Member
I drink it year round, mostly because it keeps my migraines at bay. I drink it many mornings instead of coffee since I don't like coffee.

The other day, I started with one. Chai tea + two Excedrin migraine + nap in a dark room and in an hour, I was fine. I have no idea what it is about the Chai, but it's the only one that works. And its less expensive than the prescription medications with fewer side effects. Discovered that it worked when I was at school and had one and grabbed a Chai tea latte for some caffeine. Then I started doing it on a regular basis, and discovered it really helped. Hmm... chai tea from a box (or a $3 latte if I'm out) or $40 migraine pill, which I can only get six of per month? Hmm...
That's much better than meds and no side effects!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom