A Whole New World...Revisited

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Do you think the Let It Go vid I posted fit well in the Holiday version of Fantasmic!?

Yes, it did. I think there's a reason MEW put that in his Christmas Fantasmic idea.

I wish there was something fir kids in Dinoland, but great ideas!

You know, I think that's the reason I separated Australia and the Great Barrier Reef: so that way, little kids can have something to do while their older siblings tackle The Excavator and Countdown to Extinction. Thanks very much!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entertainment
First things first, once all the expansion is done, I would personally bring back Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. This parade, which ended this past spring, featured our Disney friends in a safari-truck procession, alongside giant animal puppets. It was a ton of fun, and I don't see why they got rid of it.

Then of course, there's the new nighttime entertainment they've announced, as well as the extremely promising Rivers of Light. So in that sense, I would leave those alone, too.
DAK_NIGHT.jpg

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2014/05/RiversOfLight-Concept-Large-1.jpg​
Well, there we have it for the fourth park of Walt Disney World...

Disney's Animal Kingdom
disney-animal-kingdom-logo.jpeg
The Oasis
1) Animal Oasis Exhibits

Shopping
A) Stroller and Wheelchair Rental
B) Garden Gate Gifts

Dining
A) Rainforest Cafe

Discovery Island
2) The Tree of Life
3) The Tree of Life Garden
4) Discovery Island Trails
5) Earth FP+

Shopping
A) Island Mercantile
B) Disney Outfitters
C) Creature Comforts

Dining
A) Flame Tree Barbecue
B) Pizzafari

Pandora
6) Avatar Program Center
7) Pandora River Journey
8) Flight of the Na'vi FP+

Shopping
A) The Well of Souls

Africa
9) Festival of the Lion King FP+
10) Kilimanjaro Safaris FP+
11) Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
12) Jungle Camp
13) Tarzan's Treehouse
14) Tarzan's Jungle Vines
15) Mystic River Mountain FP+

Shopping
A) Mombasa Marketplace and Ziwani Traders
B) Duka La Filmu

Dining
A) Tamu Tamu Refreshments
B) Tusker House
C) Dawa Bar
D) Kusafiri Coffee and Bake Shoppe

E) Harambe Market
  • Wanjohi Refreshments
  • Kitamu Grill
  • Boerewors Famous Sausages
  • Chef Mwanga's Ribs
  • Zuri's Sweet Shop
Rafiki's Planet Watch
16) Habitat Habit
17) Conservation Station
18) Conservation Community
19) Affection Section

Asia
20) Flights of Wonder
21) Maharajah Jungle Trek
22) The Jungle Book Adventure FP+
23) Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain FP+

Shopping
A) Yak and Yeti
B) Serka Zong Bazaar

Dining
A) Yak and Yeti

South America
24) Amazon Rainforest Trail
25) Amazon River Adventure FP+
26) Rainforest Race
27) Mystic Manor FP+

Dining
1) Base Camp Grill
2) Adventurers' Club

Ant Island
28) It's Tough to Be a Bug!
29) Tuck 'n' Roll's Drive-Em Buggies
30) Francis' Ladybug Boogie
31) Flik's Flyers
32) Heimlich's Chew-Chew Train
33) Princess Dot's Puddle Park
34) Flight of the Bumblebee

Shopping
1) P.T. Flea Market

Dining
1) Bountiful Harvest

North America
35) Redwood Creek Trail
36) Yellowstone Carousel
37) The Spirit of Pocahontas FP+
38) Big Grizzly Jeep Trek FP+

Dining
1) Hungry Bear Restaurant

Australia
39) Outback Balloon Tours FP+
40) Aussie Adventure Trails

Shopping
1) Australian Gift Shop

Dining
1) Woolloomooloo Fine Food

Polar Oceans
41) Polar Caves Path
42) Polar Journey

Shopping
1) Polar Oceans Shops

Dining
1) Ice Cave Cafe

The Great Barrier Reef
41) Finding Nemo: The Musical
42) Jumping Jellyfish
43) Bloat's Blowfish Balloon Race
44) The Whirlpool
45) Nemo's Playground
46) Crush's Coaster FP+
47) Undersea Life Exhibits

Shopping
A) Seashore Shop

The Dino Institute
48) The Boneyard
49) Cretaceous Creatures
50) The Excavator FP+
51) Countdown to Extinction FP+

Shopping
A) Dino Institute Treasures

Dining
A) Dino-Bites
B) Restaurantosaurus

Entertainment
  • Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
  • DiVine
  • African Drummers
  • Adventurers' Club
  • Lucky the Dinosaur
  • Discovery Island Nighttime Entertainment
  • Rivers of Light
Well, this is it. In just the past month, I've taken you through all four of the parks of Walt Disney World, showing what I would do to give them a refurbishment. But, come tomorrow, we'll explore...the 5th park of Walt Disney World. See ya then!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Well, like I said, it's tomorrow. And I am very, very excited, because it's finally time!

First came the Magic Kingdom, then EPCOT Center, then Disney's Hollywoodland, then Disney's Animal Kingdom, and now...introducing the newest theme park experience to come from the magic-makers at Disney.

Mythica
0d8kHL.jpg
In this fantastic new kingdom making its premiere at Walt Disney World Resort, Mythica opens up a world of fantasy, mystery and wonder. In Mythica, guests step out of the modern day world and step back in time to the days of some of the world's most well-known ancient civilizations, joining together into one immersive experience. Guests might explore the hidden towers of Valhalla or come across the kingdom of Atlantis, they might find themselves in a distant land or suddenly become the target of a fierce Hydra.

The idea for this park came from S.W. Wilson of Ideal Buildout. (The original version of his Mythica post has been deleted off his blog. But luckily, since I loved the design so much, I had the image added to my iPod camera roll.)

chUbHN.jpg
According to him, his inspiration was seeing photo updates of Disney Springs progress, with the 1970s/80s suburban sprawl Official WDW Hotels and Sun Bank always popping up in the background, ruining the visage. Here, we can fix that and replace all those concrete & glass mid-rises with a unique, tier I park. A strip of forest beyond the park helps isolate the mundane sprawl of Orlando & I-4 from the utopian escapism found within the WDW borders.

In this fantasy future, the monorail system is expanded to service the new park and Springs district, with the station designed to complement the Marketplace architecture. Guests at both resorts (Oxbridge and Saratoga Springs) walk to this station to reach other parts of WDW. The park also comes with two new parking structures (only “D” visible here) and a shuttle bus station.

Now, let's move on to the park itself...

Anglia
england104.jpg
This British-lore based area at first felt like odd man out next to the more exotic, ancient areas. However, it’s much easier to incorporate and convincingly pass requisite park services, retail & dining (and a hotel) in the context of more modern eras versus if the entry land/hotel were, say, Mesopotamian in theme.

I broke Anglia into three sub-lands, each representing a different locale & era. The central area is a rural English village (the park’s Main Street), with building facades a mix from 15th-19th century, on whose outskirts lies the Henge of the Ancients (Stone Henge). Crossing the river to the west, the land becomes a more orderly, urban townscape of Oxbridge, based on the university towns, with gothic spires & trim college quads. The resort hotel – late 19th century luxury – takes place in an elaborate structure inspired by Christ Church College or the like.

quadwide.jpg
An earl’s manor sits at the far end of the town commons, housing the frightening werewolf attraction.
article-2101933-11BFC539000005DC-837_964x792.jpg
Other Victorian-era stories could be told in the SFX attraction (Jekyll & Hyde, Invisible Man). I imagine an interactive game based on Sherlock Holmes would fit nicely in this area.

The east side of Anglia goes back to the medieval era of the 11th-13th centuries. Camelot is a more fantastic interpretation of the English Castle Town. Behind the numerous towers and turrets lies a marquee AA boat ride (PotC cousin) based on the King Arthur mythology.

9ed0823f2099bb4cb870ce27cc640c8f.jpg

There is an explorable forest that houses both a Unicorn Glade as well as an area to shoot a bow with Robin Hood. On a small island the lagoon are the ruins of an old Scottish keep, similar in scale to Central Park’s Belvedere Castle, used mainly as a viewing area for lagoon spectacles (and occasional appearances by Nessie).
Belvedere_Castle,_Central_Park.jpg
Also, I must point out that S.W. intended for the park to be IP-free, so therefore, the only way to find characters would be through the meet & greet appearances. For example, here in Anglia, you'll find characters that would fit the area--namely, Merlin (and possibly, King Arthur) (from The Sword in the Stone), the cast of Robin Hood (Robin Hood, Maid Marian, Little John, Friar Tuck, Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham) and Merida from Brave (who will, fittingly enough, meet near the Scottish keep).
Merlin_HKDL.jpg

rbh193847LARGE.jpg

merida-at-magic-kingdom.jpg
Also, please note that S.W. Wilson didn't include any of the restaurants or shops--only mentioning them. So, with that, I'll only give the attraction roster for each land.

Anglia
1) Henge of the Ancients
2) Lycan Manor (Werewolf Attraction)
3) SFX Theatre
4) Knights of the Round Table
5) Unicorn Glade
6) Sherwood Forest

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Since you're planning on replacing Mission: Space, what will you do to replace the billboard?

2007%20WDW%201%20020-L.jpg

Maybe I'll re-theme it to promote The Mysterious Galaxy, or maybe, given the shape, turn it into a billboard for Horizons, or maybe Test Track.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, before we move on, I must apologize for my lack of activity here. I'm in the middle of a very busy week.

These next few lands are quite small description-wise, so just bear with me. But luckily, the next two lands will be quite lengthy description-wise. So, let's dive in.

Tianxia
great-wall-of-china-ancient.jpg
The Imperial Court section of this Chinese-themed land is laid out according to the feng shui ordering principles, surrounded by a moat, willow trees and covered walkways. The wooden structures within this palace house lagoon-view dining, a small theater, art history exhibits and a madhouse walkthrough. June Lagoon, an ancient Chinese-themed version of aquatopia is also accessible within the Court. Outside the Court are two of the bigger attractions: the White Lotus Mountain roller-coaster and the Flight of the Phoenix E-ticket.

Character greetings in this land will only include Mulan, Shang and Mushu.

Tianxia
1) Imperial Court
2) Temple of the Dragon
3) June Lagoon
4) Flight of the Phoenix
5) White Lotus Mountain

Dining
1) Table Service Restaurant

Valhalla
6003039438_817fa3538a_b.jpg
A long forested embankment of dark pines marks the edge of the world as visitors enter the land of Norse mythology. In the far corner of the park is Odin’s Tower, a freefall-darkride, distinct from Tower of Terror in its ride system. Jotnar Mountain is a BTMRR-scale indoor-outdoor coaster through the world of trolls and other creatures of this mythos. Myrkvor Forest, a Redwood Creek-style forest exploration area is here as well as a swing spinner based on the World Tree, Yggdrasil.

Valhalla
1) Ygdrasil
2) Myrkvor Forest
3) Odin's Tower
4) Jotnar Mountain
5) Adventures of Thor (dark ride; not themed around Marvel character)

Dining
1) Mead Hall

Again, sorry for the small post--but I guarantee, the post about the next land in the park will big and picture-filled. See ya then!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Does Marvel's Thor still appear in Vahalla as a meet & greet character?

Again, I say, there will be no references to the Marvel Thor anywhere in the park.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aegyptus
Ancient-Egypt-Pyramids-4.jpg
This Egypt-themed area is home to the several major landmarks. The Library of Alexandria is Fortress Explorations-like, housing a planetarium theater and fine restaurant in addition to numerous interactive rooms to explore. Around it are fountains, pools and multiple terraces for lagoon show viewing/dining.
192lv3lo6ber9jpg.jpg
It is a clean, classical oasis compared to the crooked, crumbling, sun-baked streets of Old Town, home to many shops, galleries, food stalls and street entertainers. A carousel sits in one plaza. The ruins of an Old Kingdom temple serve as a sunken explore/play zone.

On the outskirts of the dense residential area built of mud & bricks, are the big monuments (housing even bigger attractions): the Mystery of the Sphinx (an EMV adventure) and the Great Pyramids (dark coaster).

The park’s central icon & landmark, aligned along the entry axis, is the Pharos Lighthouse (explorable). Most recreations of this Wonder in history books are pretty similar. Interestingly, IoA’s version is a completely unique take. This park’s larger version would also be a unique take (while I want the park to have sophisticated, museum-like qualities, there is still room to re-imagine and romanticize history), but with some recognizable attributes to the agreed-upon historic design. Perhaps I’ll get to drawing the concept I’ve got in mind.

pharos2.jpg
Aegyptus
1) Library of Alexandria
2) Old Town
3) Egyptian Carousel
4) Karnak Ruins
5) Mystery of the Sphinx
6) The Great Pyramids
7) Cleopatra's Barge
8) Pharos Lighthouse (park icon)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post is dedicated to the memory of
The Magic of Disney Animation
May 1, 1989~July 12, 2015
The_Magic_of_Disney_Animation.jpg

I certainly hope that, despite the loss of the attraction, Disney's Hollywood Studios will continue to highlight animation in the park. Besides, many guests grew up with the 2D animation, before Disney left it for dead to focus on CGI. Who knows? Maybe, just maybe, they'll replace it with my concept for a Disney Animation attraction. But then again, I'm just dreaming things...

Also, I heard that the following DHS attractions may be closing: Muppet*Vision 3D, Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Lights! Motors! Action! and the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. I'm not too concerned about the latter three, but the first two really worry me. Those two attractions hold special places in many guests' hearts, and it would be a real shame to see them go. They've helped make the park what it is today. But then again, they're probably gonna move One Man's Dream to the Magic Kingdom, I'm sure.

So again, I desperately hope that Muppet*Vision 3D and One Man's Dream remain a quintessential part of the Disney's Hollywood Studios experience.

The Disney executives can't be that heartless...can they?

AngieYaz

Fantasyland
(continued)
opening-welcome-area-of-storybook-circus.jpg
The sound of the waterfalls nearby Prince Eric's castle soon fades into the distance as the sound of a calliope starts up. Right nearby the Little Mermaid area is the Storybook Circus area of Fantasyland, largely themed around the iconic Disney masterpiece Dumbo. At the entrance to the area, a large marquee bears the name "Storybook Circus". The area inside of the circus grounds seems somewhat temporary, and that's the point. The Storybook Circus had just recently moved into the forested outskirts just outside of the mystical forest, just beyond the castle.

Upon entering into the circus grounds, guests are met by streetmospheric circus Cast Members, such as clowns, mimes and baton twirlers. The entire area is a bustling interactive and entertainment ground for streetmosphere and live entertainment. Large flags and posters adorn the area, while the circus seems to stretch all the way to where a series of tents is located at the far end of the land. On the left as you enter is the Big Top Souvenirs store. The entire store is inside of a huge circus tent, featuring Dumbo and Storybook Circus merchandise. Immediately on the right is Dumbo the Flying Elephant. The new addition has been recently relocated here, bringing a completely new experience to the attraction.

0ef2c7cb6eeef5753c4a606764a657e0.jpg

Guests enter into a circus tent, where they proceed to enjoy an interactive queue, where the time passes rather quickly by enjoying interactive games and entertainment. Arriving at the attraction, the new Dumbo spinners, which includes an additional spinner to handle more capacity for the park, include several new touches to make the attraction even more classical. At the base of both spinners are scenic tablets, each depicting a scene from the classic movie. Below the spinning Dumbos is a new water feature, including a beautiful fountain. The Dumbos fly over the circular water feature, while the found cascades from the internal base of the attraction. At night, the entire water feature becomes illuminated with different colors, creating a vibrancy to the entire area. It is really something great to see!

Just outside of the Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction is a statue, featuring the several goofy clowns from the Dumbo film. The clown are carrying hoses, each of them spewing water across the fountain. To the left of the fountain, guests can find the Casey Jr. Soak 'n' Splash Station, a complete water playground, themed around the classic train from the film. Just off of the playground, past the water features is the Casey Jr. Circus Treats, quick-service snack location. Attached to the same set of train carts, on the very back end, guests can actually find an interactive Dumbo audio-animatronic. The location is a bit off the beaten path, making the discovery of Dumbo very surprising! It'll be even more surprising when the audio-animatronic Dumbo temporarily lifts off of the ground!

Just across from the set of Casey Jr. carts, guests will be able to find The Barnstormer starring The Great Goofini. The newly refurbished attraction features Goofy, opening up his own sideshow attraction, in which he invites guests along his aerocraft, before proceeding to lead them through a twisting turn through his circus grounds.

6833245892_f96743d1c8_z.jpg
To the right of the Barnstormer, the Fantasyland Train Station is located, having it's previous station being located at Frontierland. The next stop after this station is located back on Main Street U.S.A. The Storybook Circus Station is a quaint, beautifully detailed building layered in brick and beautiful gardening.

Just to the right of the Big Top Souvenirs tent, guests will be able to find Pete's Silly Sideshow, a meet-n-greet area. This area used to involve meet-n-greets with Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy, but now, the meet-n-greet will feature more obscure characters. Pete welcomes the guests into his new establishment, a three-ringed circus, where he hosts a series of circus acts, featuring the Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf, Humphrey the Bear, as well as Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar and Clara Cluck. Nearby the Sideshow, replacing the rest area, guests will find the entrance to a whole-new ride: Mickey's Madcap Circus.

D23_UDC_Mickey1.jpg
Serving as a way to highlight Mickey and friends ever since Toontown Fair was demolished to make way for the circus, this new dark ride attraction stars Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy and Pluto, as well as a host of others. Mickey and the gang welcome their guests into their tent, where they plan to send the guests through their circus. However, the ride takes a sudden twist, as the guests begin to proceed through a wild, crazy time through Mickey's three ring circus. The best way to describe this attraction would be a fusion between Universal's Islands of Adventure's Cat in the Hat attraction and Disneyland's Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. The attraction will host completely new and innovative dark ride experiences, that will make this attraction one of the most immersive in the Magic Kingdom. But enough talk--I'm sure you want to see it for yourself, right? Well, let's go! (Credit to @mharrington for the ride idea!)

The exterior of the ride, which will basically be what you see in the picture above, is beautifully ornate, not giving a single clue to the wackiness inside. Instead, the exterior is intended to portray a sense of awe and excitement. While the design certainly has inherent elements of fantasy, it’s grounded enough so as to contrast with the whimsy that awaits guests inside. The queue leads us into a topiary garden, switchbacks guiding them along past the fanciful hedges. Finally, guests proceed through the arched doors and into the building itself.

The queue is lined with brick-made switchbacks, as well as posters advertising some of the circus' acts, including, but not limited to:

1. Lambert, the Sheepish Lion
2. Willie, the Opera Singing Whale
3. Shere Khan - Man-Eater
4. King Louie: Last of the Jungle Swingers
5. Humphrey the Bear - Picnic Thief Extraordinaire
6. Salty the Seal
7. Clarabelle Cow, Queen of the Tightrope (her poster parodies HM; she stands on a tightrope high above Tick-Tock Croc)
8. Oswald the Lucky Lion Bait
9. Gargantua, King of the Apes (the gorilla from "Donald's Gorilla")
10. Goliath II - The World's Smallest Elephant

Afterwards, we pass by a ticket booth with the ride name on it, which is being manned by Uncle Scrooge McDuck (similar to Mr. Potato Head over at the Toy Story midway ride). The idea is that circuses usually have ticket booths outside the entrance. And who better to run it than Scrooge McDuck, since he's so obsessed with money and all? Of course, he complains that you're going in for free, since you don't have to pay to go on rides. On the booth, there will be a sign that says something like, "Orphans admitted free today". It includes a big hint of what to expect inside.

Once we pass by Scrooge, guests meander through the maintenance garage for the big top's various vehicles, including a Herbie-like clown car, a traditional circus caravan, and a Toon Town-esque fire engine, complete with flat tires. Finally, the path leads us to the loading area, where we board our ride vehicles: trackless vehicles made to look like circus caravans (much like the non-cage cars of the Casey Jr. Circus Train).

355322432_5RS4h-M.jpg
Much like Toy Story Mania, the caravans are adorned with the images of characters on them (taking the places of the eagles and much of the gold patterns seen in the picture above). Being as this is a ride with classic Disney characters, these ride vehicles would have Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto's heads on the sides, like on the gondolas for Mickey's Fun Wheel, like so:
Gondola+Graphics.jpg
They also will be able to spin about, rather like the couches in the Cat in the Hat ride at Islands of Adventure just up the street from WDW.

As guests board their caravans, Mickey's voice rings out with this safety spiel: "Hi'ya, folks! To best enjoy the circus, please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the caravan, and keep an eye on your kids. Oh, and don't forget - no flash pictures! See ya inside! Ha-ha!" A Spanish spiel shortly follows. And with that, the caravan departs, taking us right through an open curtain.

Ringmaster Mickey greets us the second we enter, dressed like so (but with the eyes with pupils, not solid black eyes):

cte019284SMALL.jpg
He announces the following acts to come in typical ringmaster style. And then as you leave, you hear Mickey again, as he announces the first act, Minnie Magnifique and Her Pirouetting Parisian Poodles. Then you see the act itself. Here, Minnie Mouse is seen with some of her French poodles. They are doing ballet dances to a balletic version of "Minnie's Yoo-Hoo". Unfortunately, some of Mickey's orphans (those little baby Mickey Mice in nightshirts) all try to run up to play with the cute little doggies, throwing everything into panic and chaos. But you don't see them physically, only their shadows and noises, as you make your way into the next scene. You hear Ringmaster Mickey as he announces the next act: Hyacinth Hippo: Ballerina of the Big Top (and Her Partner, Ben Ali Gator). You then see the hippo and alligator dancing together to "Dance of the Hours". But the twist is that the song is performed nearby by Salty the Seal and His Symphony of the Seas, which is actually a bunch of horns. So this seal is playing the Dance of the Hours music on the horns. But you get just a shade too close to the dancing hippo as she spins in place, one of her arms held in place by the gator. Your circus vehicle accidentally makes contact with her foot and you get kicked away from them into the next scene...

After the Hyacinth Hippo scene, you move into the next scene. Once again, you hear Ringmaster Mickey as he announces the next act to come: The Astounding Donaldo: Snake Charmer. Here, you see Donald Duck dressed as a snake charmer sitting next to a basket in which the snake in question is contained. He starts playing a snake-charmer-like tune on his oboe. The lid opens and who should be inside but Kaa from The Jungle Book! He slowly lifts his head out of the basket, as if under the music of Donald's oboe, but as Kaa's head becomes level with Donald's, his eyes become hypnotic as he sings "Trust In Me". As this happens, Donald's eyes, too, become hypnotic as he falls for the snake's hypnosis, just like what happened to Mowgli. Donald's eyelids slightly lower and he sways his head as you head out again. As you leave the scene, you see Donald's shadow as he slumps over, as if asleep from the hypnosis. Leaving this scene, you hear Ringmaster Mickey's voice again as he announces the next act, and then you see it: Madame Daisy Fortuna. Here, Daisy Duck is dressed as a fortune teller. She stands behind a crystal ball on a table, thus making the area similar to the Seance Room in the Haunted Mansion. As you pass by her, your ride vehicles turned sideways, so you can see her. The room turns dark, with green light from the crystal ball illuminating Daisy's face as she tells you your fortune. It is always different from one ride to the next. For example, on one trip through the ride, she might tell you that in your future, she sees a flight on a flying elephant and a bag of popcorn with your name on it. With that, you move on. Before you move to the next real scene, however, the scent of popcorn fills the air (via a Smellitzer, like at the bakery on Main Street, with its fresh-baked cookie Smellitizer, or at the old Horizons attraction, with its lorange (limes and orange) Smellitzer). You hear Max Goof as he calls out, "Popcorn! Get your popcorn here!" You then see Max, who has been taking a job as a popcorn vendor and is manning a popcorn wagon.

After Daisy's scene (and Max's, too), you then hear Ringmaster Mickey calling out the next act, which you then see:Strongman Pete: Lifter of All Things Heavy. You see Black Pete in a leopard-spot singlet, similar to Goofy's outfit in "Goofy Gymnastics". He lifts up two animals in each hand. One is a calm-looking lion named Lambert, who grins rather sheepishly as he holds a flower in his mouth. The other is an eager-looking bear named Humphrey, who is balanced on top of this weight and doing a juggling act. Among other things, he is juggling a pineapple, a bowling pin, a cup of coffee, and a fishbowl, whose fish (if you can look closely) bears a striking resemblance to Wart from "The Sword In the Stone" when he is turned into a fish. The circus music heard alternates between the "Lambert the Sheepish Lion" song and "The Humphrey Hop". However, he's not really lifting them up – they're tied to balloons! From a nearby booth nearby, one of the Orphans holds up a needle and pops the balloons that are holding up Lambert, causing him to fall to the ground. Pete looks over and holds him back up, hoping nobody saw him fall. In a corner of this scene, you see two cages, purportedly for the scene. In one cage, you see a tiger that resembles the tiger from the Goofy cartoon, "Tiger Trouble", who reaches out his paw and takes a swipe at you. In the other, you see an angry gorilla, resembling the gorilla from "Donald Duck and the Gorilla", shaking the bars of his cage. Amid the racket and the cacophony, your often-spinning circus wagon moves on. Once more, you hear Ringmaster Mickey calling out, this time announcing Professor Von Drake and His Deep Sponge. You come across a diving board, atop which Prof. Ludwig Von Drake is poised, about to dive into a huge sponge. He is wearing some kind of a huge jumpsuit with purple and white stripes on it and a ruffled collar. Some of the Orphans, however, are hanging below the board, which causes him to dive rather prematurely. As he falls, he doesn't realize that the supposedly-damp sponge is very wet. Some of the other Orphans have stuck a fire hose in the sponge and turned it on, filling it up with water. When Von Drake lands on the sponge, he squishes it down, spraying water in all directions, including yours, as you could get somewhat doused if you're not careful. You then move on.

Leaving Pete's scene, you then head into the next scene as you hear Mickey's voice once more, announcing the next act, albeit a short one: Oswald the Lucky Magician. You see a magician's hat on a table and you see a hand reaching out of it, then grabbing something inside. You see Oswald the Lucky Rabbit pulling himself out of the hat, in a twist on an old magic trick. You then move on to the next act, Horace the Rubber-Hose Horse. You see Horace Horsecollar stand there and then start performing a contortionist act, which is exaggerated. He twists his arms and legs and then his whole body in twisty curlicues. The Orphans run up to feel him, but accidentally get him tangled up more than ever. Leaving, another smell fills the air, this one of cotton candy. Here, you see a cotton candy wagon, manned by Clarabelle Cow. You then enter the next act, Pluto the Wonder Dog. You see Pluto as he balances himself on a barrel. This scene is based on a Pluto short called "Wonder Dog", in which Pluto envisions himself as a circus dog to impress Dinah the Dachshund. For this scene, as stated earlier, he stands on a barrel and starts moving across the area on the barrel and rolling it along as he does so. But as you leave the area, you see Pluto's shadow as he loses his balances and falls down with a crash, smashing the barrel. You move on.

As you leave Pluto's scene, you go past the Big Bad Wolf who is a balloon vendor. He is standing next to a balloon cart and is in the process of blowing up another balloon. Given his impressive blowing skills, this balloon is inflated really huge, but as you leave, it pops. You then move into the next act, The Three Little Piggolinis, which the wolf overhears and tries to invade. Here, you see the Three Little Pigs doing a high-wire act. The Practical Pig is seated on a unicycle as he rides across the wire, while the other two pigs, Fifer and Fiddler, are standing on top of it. You see the wolf again as he tries to climb up onto the wire and tries to grab at the pigs. However, the Orphans all see what is happening and try to stop the wolf. As the wolf tries to both grab the pigs and fight off those pesky brats, you move on. All the while, Salty the Seal reappears as he plays "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?" on his horns. As you head out, you pass by a monkey, looking like the one from the one from the posters in the Barnstormer queue, as he swings on a rope and holding a bunch of bananas. By now, most of the Fab Six and then some have been accounted for. You've seen Mickey, Hyacinth Hippo, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pete, Von Drake, Oswald, Horace, Pluto and the Three Little Pigs (not to mention Salty, Max, Clarabelle and the Big Bad Wolf). But there's still one classic member of Mickey's inner circle yet to be seen. And then you hear the announcement of the grand finale of the show: The Great Goofini - Reckless Rocketeer! Here, you see Goofy dressed as a cowboy, seated on a cartoonishly huge rocket, which he has affectionately referred to as Dolores. It has a saddle strapped on it for Goofy to sit on. What's that? You thought the rocket was smashed against the ground in the queue for the Barnstormer roller coaster? Well, while you were standing in line and you weren't looking, Goofy somehow appropriated Dolores and managed to fix it up better than new in time for the big show! Anyway, he sits on the saddle and is poised for blastoff. He counts down, three... two... one... And then the rocket engines roar and pour out a great deal of smoke that fills the room so you can't see what is going. Suddenly, the rocket is heard (not seen) taking off as you hear Goofy's holler (you know the one...). As you make your way through the room, you hear the rocket crashing into things and knocking out the lights plunging the room into darkness as you leave. Suddenly, you come to the last scene of the ride, where you see the circus in shambles, the result of Goofy's act, and all the characters from the ride are standing there. Among other things, Goofy's rocket is smashed into the ground (again), the orphans are piled on top of the Big Bad Wolf, and Horace Horsecollar is still all tangled up.

Ringmaster Mickey is stuck inside a broken tuba (also surrounded by broken instruments). Mickey says to us, "Well, ah, sorry if this wasn't what you were expecting, but next time you come, everything will be better than ever. So, we hope you enjoyed Mickey's Madcap Circus and, ah, hope to see you real soon! Bye-bye!" As you leave, you arrive at the unload point where you exit your carriages and head back out into Storybook Circus.

At the exit of the attraction, guests will exit out through the Mickey's Toy Stop store. To the left of the exit, guests will be able to find a separate entrance connected to a meet-&-greet area with Mickey Mouse . The entire current Meet & Greet location at Main Street U.S.A.'s Town Square Theater will be moved here in it's entirety. It definitely makes more sense in this location, while also offering up that space for the Walt Disney: One Man's Dream location on Main Street U.S.A. The meet-&-greet location will receive a few tweaks (most notably changing the "Town Square Theater" moniker to "Mickey's Madcap Circus" and switching the magician aspect for a ringmaster aspect), but will generally be left the same.

Exiting the circus area, the guests continue to walk through the forest, soon connecting back to the 100 Acre Wood of the forest. However, there are two more additions to Fantasyland. Continuing east from The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, guests will come across an area themed to the wacky world seen in Alice in Wonderland. Upon the arrival in Wonderland, guests could come across a sign which points every which way, one path leading to the Mad Hatter's, one leading into the Tulgey Wood, to the Queen of Hearts and so on. Guests will arrive at the Mad Tea Partyin its current location. The attraction is surrounded by topiaries of Alice, the Mad Hatter and the March Hare, giant leaves and vines, hedges and flowers. A copy of the roof that stands over Paris' teacups will stand over the Floridian teacups.
Mad-Hatters-Tea-Cups-004.jpg
In front of the Mad Tea Party, Alice, the Mad Hatter, the March Hare, the White Rabbit, the Queen of Hearts, the Cheshire Cat and Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum host meet & greet opportunities. Right in front of the Mad Tea Party is the Cheshire Cafe, which specializes in desserts and frozen beverages. Across from the swirling teacups at the Mad Tea Party, you'll find Alice in Wonderland, Disneyland's classic dark ride which has made a second home here. This new attraction will take up some of the space of the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway (one half will be for Alice in Wonderland, the other will be for a new attraction for Tomorrowland). While I know some may protest the removal of the Speedway, what is the point of it being there. Unlike Disneyland's original Walt Disney's Autopia, there is no nostalgia to WDW's, it's been there for 40 years and has no place in Tomorrowland anymore. It is actually situated to be more in Fantasyland than in Tomorrowland, so it is having a pretty serious identity crisis at the moment.

The addition of the classic Alice in Wonderland attraction will definitely add a new realm into Fantasyland and add in that extra boost of classic Disney to make the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland the best that it can be.

Right nearby the attraction is the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall. Replacing Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, this restaurant is themed around the Queen of Hearts' castle, complete with card soldier statues, stained-glass windows and a giant hedge-maze entrance. The food at the Queen Of Hearts is not your typical hamburger & fries fast-food fare. Selections include herbed chicken on a bed of mixed greens, pasta with a fresh four mushroom sauce, steamed sole, meatloaf wrapped in bacon, plus a variety of soups, salads and lavish deserts.
queenofhearts_exterior.jpg
That seems like the end, but it's not. Right in between Storybook Circus and Wonderland, a forest stands tall. But as you make your way through the forest, you'll notice the area quickly becoming gloomy and dark, as the trees become slightly gnarlier with dead trees. Echoes come from within the forest. The area is located deep into the forest, far away from the walls of Cinderella Castle, completely in the middle of nowhere. The pathway leads to the base of Bald Mountain, a new attraction that showcases the Disney Villains.
night-on-bald-mountain-ave-maria-007.jpg
At the top of the mountain, an audio-animatronic Chernabog comes to life every half hour, before curling his wings and sheltering himself from the light. After entering the building at the base of the mountain, the guests arrive in the dark, gloomy queue. The queue is split into three different rooms. In the first room, the queue winds through an observatory, filled with ancient artifacts. The chamber is lit overhead from the flickering candles of a chandelier. The queue proceeds down a hallway, lined with flaming torches. The queue then empties out into a library, filled with stacks of books. As the guests proceed through the library, the flickering lanterns suddenly blow out, as several souls swarm throughout the room, as if Chernabog had summoned them. The souls disperse and disappear, as the flickering candles re-light, as if none of it had happened.

The queue leads up to the load station. The attraction vehicles consist of two seats together, in rows of five, fitting 10 people in one vehicle. The vehicles use the trackless technology found in Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo Disneyland, to add a completely new experience to the attraction. The vehicles are painted in a dark purple and black hue and feature a dragon head on front and a dragon tail on the back. Once all are aboard, the vehicle takes off.

The vehicles enter the darkness, as they turn around the corner and proceed into a dim-lit chamber of the castle, featuring the Magic Mirror from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs on the wall directly in front of the guests. Flames burst from within the mirror. After the flames and smoke clears, the face of the mirror lies within. The mirror warns that they are about to enter a world of darkness. The face within the mirror disappears and in its place, is replaced by the reflection of the on-ride guests. Suddenly, the mirror completely shatters, an effect which is done with projectors. Guests proceed through the mirror's broken frame, entering a world of darkness.

The vehicles turn into a pitch black room, as the vehicles begin to swirl and spin out of control. The vehicles take a slight dip, as lights flash across the room, the sounds of the Disney Villains laughing. The guests drop down a slightly smaller drop, before falling into the pits of a cavern. The vehicles move through the darkness, hearing the enchantments, performed by the Evil Queen. The guests come face to face with the Evil Queen, who holds a poisoned apple in her hands. The Queen states that she’ll send them all to a world of fear. The vehicle begins to shake and rumble, as the cavernous passage begins to shake and fall apart. Plumes of smoke erupt around the vehicle, as the guests descend down below the show scene, the queen's laughter echoing behind them.

The vehicle descends down into the base of an eerie green lake, where they are confronted by Hades. Hades sits on his throne, claiming that they’ll never be able to escape his Underworld. Hades opens a passageway, leading further into the Underworld. The vehicle comes face to face with the blood-thirsty Hydra, which snaps and bites at the vehicle. In the next segment of the ride, the vehicle travels down the body of the Hydra, as the monster continues to snap at the guests. The vehicle flies off the tail of the Hydra and take a rapid descent into the river of souls. The room is filled with green smoke and swirling spirits. Large spires of rock stick out from within the water. The vehicles spin throughout the world, as the souls try to grab the guests to keep them into the Underworld. The vehicles move through a cavernous passage.

The vehicles travel along a mountainous ledge. There is a steep drop of the side of the mountain. Ahead, there is what appears to be the skull of an elephant. From within, Shenzi, Banzai and Ed cackle and appear in the eye sockets of the skull. The vehicles come face to face with a perfectly blended and themed projection screen, where Scar appears and, in amazing quality, seems to lunge at the guests. As Scar lunges at the vehicles, the ferocious lion pushes the vehicle off the ledge of the mountain, as it falls backwards down a steep drop. For a moment, the vehicle’s track travels outside, before proceeding to move back into the cavern. As the vehicle lands, a loud splash of water is heard.

The vehicles land in front of a large remodeling of Skull Rock. They enter the mouth of the skull, where they travel down a river. Fiber optic wavy lighting on the ground create the illusion of ripples on the water. Ahead, Captain Hook and Smee have deployed cannons to shoot at the trespassers. Cannon fire shoots overhead, as air jets blast at the guests. Plumes of water erupt from the river, soaking the guests. The vehicles descend down into the river, traveling into the depths of the ocean, the sound of cannon fire echoing in the distance.

The vehicles dive into the depths of the sea, where the guests come face to face with the sea witch, herself. Ursula lets out a grand laugh, stating that they’ll soon be a part of her garden of souls, pointing to the grim souls, plastered to the floor of her lair. The shell she wears around her neck glows radiantly as you leave the room. The vehicles travel through the garden of souls, heading out of Ursula’s lair. The vehicles travel down a gorge of smoky, erupting geysers. Suddenly, a geyser explodes from beneath the vehicle, sending the vehicle to the surface.

The vehicle enters into the next chamber where the guests come in contact with a huge snake version of Jafar. They circle the animatronic, traveling down the snake’s coils. This is a point where the attraction has a distinct rollercoaster feel to it. The coils of the snake act as the rollercoaster track, as the riders zoom past Jafar. A flood of smoke and red lights along the wall, make it seem like you've warped into a mysterious dimension. The vehicle leaves the room just as Jafar tries to snap at them.

The vehicles dive out of the cavernous passage and proceed down a drop on the backside of the mountain, away from view. As they proceed down, they can see the audio-animatronic of Chernabog from above. The vehicle dives back into the mountain and proceeds up a lift hill. Inside, they can hear the mountainous laugh of the villains as they proceed up the hill. There is a moment of silence in the pitch darkness, before the Villains appear before the guests. Maleficent, mistress of evil stands in front of the vehicle. In a burst of flames, Maleficent transforms into a fire-breathing dragon. Lightning flashes as the vehicles jolt back, the dragon's eyes glowing.

The vehicles quickly move foward to the dragon, but descend down into a gap, just below the dragon, escaping from Maleficent’s claws. The vehicle proceeds down the drop, crashing into the lake below the mountain. The vehicles turn around the mountain, escaping from the clutches of the villains. The vehicles re-enter a cavern and proceed into the unload, where they guests exit their vehicles. That is essentially the attraction. It’s still pretty cut and dry, as I think it’s pretty general and there’s no storyline, but you get the gist of it.

Are you scared? Me, too! But luckily, we're gonna be heading out of this land and into the last land in the park: Tomorrowland!

Fantasyland
1) Cinderella Castle
2) Peter Pan's Flight
3) "it's a small world"
4) The Hunchback of Notre Dame Festival of Fools
5) Princess Fairytale Hall
6) Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
7) Fairytale Garden
8) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
9) Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train
10) Enchanted Tales with Belle
11) Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
12) Ariel's Grotto
13) Dumbo the Flying Elephant
14) Casey Jr. Splash and Soak Station
15) The Barnstormer starring The Great Goofini
16) Pete's Silly Sideshow
17) Mickey's Madcap Circus
18) Alice in Wonderland
19) Mad Tea Party
20) Bald Mountain

Shopping
A) Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
B) Castle Couture
C) Sir Mickey's
D) 100 Acre Goods
E) Bonjour! Village Gifts
F) Big Top Souvenirs
G) Mickey's Toy Stop

Dining
A) Cinderella's Royal Table
B) Pinocchio Village Haus
C) Storybook Treats
D) Rabbit's Garden
E) Be Our Guest
F) Gaston's Tavern
G) Prince Eric's Village Market
H) Casey Jr. Circus Treats
I) Cheshire Cafe
J) Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall

Character Greetings

• Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee and Tinker Bell nearby Peter Pan's Flight
  • Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket and Gepetto nearby the Pinocchio Village Haus
  • Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drizella at the location nearby Festival of Fools
  • Jaq, Gus, Suzy and Perla at the Castle Wall
  • Mary Poppins nearby Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
  • The Fairy Godmother at the back of Cinderella Castle
  • Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Phoebus and Clopin nearby Sir Mickey's
  • Merida at Fairytale Garden
  • Cinderella, Rapunzel, Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
  • Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Rabbit and Christopher Robin nearby The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Snow White, Prince Florian and the Seven Dwarfs nearby Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Gaston and the Bimbettes nearby the Gaston statue
  • Ariel and Eric at Ariel's Grotto
  • The Three Little Pigs, the Big Bad Wolf, Humphrey the Bear, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar and Clara Cluck at Pete's Silly Sideshow
  • Mickey Mouse at the Backstage Magic meet & greet at Mickey's Toy Stop
  • Alice, the Mad Hatter, the March Hare, the White Rabbit, the Cheshire Cat, the Queen of Hearts, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum throughout the Wonderland sub-land
  • Various Disney villains at the Bald Mountain courtyard (but only at night!)

Are the Bimbettes a permanent character meet now?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Are the Bimbettes a permanent character meet now?

Yes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helios
tumblr_lz25ado7xF1r1ogfco2_1280.jpg
The final Phase I land is based on the classical world of Ancient Greece. Like the Library, the Acropolis has many explorable nooks as well as lagoon-view dining. Within it is the major Hydra show scene for the lagoon boats. The Labyrinth is an outdoor walkthrough that leads to an indoor adventure ride. The land’s biggest attraction is the flume Mount Olympus – the Greek mythology mash-up. A large theater and couple spinners round out the rides.

Hercules, Meg, Phil and Hades often meet guests in this area.

2557225-acropolis1.jpg

Future Expansion
As EPCOT Center has for years had The Outpost marking the once-pending addition of the African pavilion, in this park plan I included a small section in the northeast that heralds a future Atlantis expansion. This is also why I placed the ‘Poseidon’s’ seafood TSR and Olympus flume splash-down where I did: near to this potential sea-oriented mythological civilization.
Atlantis-The-Lost-Empire-atlantis-34237443-1920-816.jpg
I have a brief idea about the Atlantis area. Right nearby the E-ticket attraction Atlantis: The Lost Empire (which I have no full ride-through of yet), you'll find an epic new thing that you don't even have to wait in line for. It's called the Sinking City, and it's very similar to Catastrophe Canyon at Disney's Hollywoodland.

Atlantis will be the most technologically challenging area to develop. It consists of two sections, one above ground and one below the lagoon. The area above ground rests on enormous shaker tables and approximately every 30 min the ground rumbles and causes buildings to “collapse.” During these shows, water will flow from the top of the mountain range into predetermined flood zones and statues, spires and other objects will “break” (built on hinges and retract after a few min).

Right in front of the Volcano is the Atlantean Palace, a meet & greet area for Milo and Kida, an aquarium (complete with tunnel access) and the Research Bay undersea viewing restaurant, themed around the researchers' submarine in Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

The multi-level paths also serve as viewing areas for the nighttime lagoon spectacular which uses the Lighthouse as a backdrop. Atop the Mountain is a Tesla Coil used to cast lightning as Zeus/Jupiter would and as a special effect during the nighttime show.

The very large expansion area in the northwest could be earmarked for the Maya Civilization – as that is not well-represented yet in WDW and the meso-american rainforest would transition easily from the heavily-forested Valhalla.

Entertainment
The Legend of Mythica, recently retired from TDS, would seem an ideal daytime show for the lagoon, although I didn’t include the necessary boat storage/maintenance area in this plan.

Now, I must apologize, because there wasn't much meat to this walk-through of Mythica. This basically served as an overview of what the park would be like (I won't even put up a final attraction roster for this).

But, nonetheless, we've just visited all five theme parks of my renovated Walt Disney World Resort. But don't think for a moment that the fun isn't over yet! We're still gonna do a whole bunch of stuff--from visiting water parks, to checking out what's new at Disney Springs, to riding the monorail and even just kicking back and watching the resort TV loop.

So stay tuned--because more Disney fun is coming your way!

AngieYaz

Yes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helios
tumblr_lz25ado7xF1r1ogfco2_1280.jpg
The final Phase I land is based on the classical world of Ancient Greece. Like the Library, the Acropolis has many explorable nooks as well as lagoon-view dining. Within it is the major Hydra show scene for the lagoon boats. The Labyrinth is an outdoor walkthrough that leads to an indoor adventure ride. The land’s biggest attraction is the flume Mount Olympus – the Greek mythology mash-up. A large theater and couple spinners round out the rides.

Hercules, Meg, Phil and Hades often meet guests in this area.

2557225-acropolis1.jpg

Future Expansion
As EPCOT Center has for years had The Outpost marking the once-pending addition of the African pavilion, in this park plan I included a small section in the northeast that heralds a future Atlantis expansion. This is also why I placed the ‘Poseidon’s’ seafood TSR and Olympus flume splash-down where I did: near to this potential sea-oriented mythological civilization.
Atlantis-The-Lost-Empire-atlantis-34237443-1920-816.jpg
I have a brief idea about the Atlantis area. Right nearby the E-ticket attraction Atlantis: The Lost Empire (which I have no full ride-through of yet), you'll find an epic new thing that you don't even have to wait in line for. It's called the Sinking City, and it's very similar to Catastrophe Canyon at Disney's Hollywoodland.

Atlantis will be the most technologically challenging area to develop. It consists of two sections, one above ground and one below the lagoon. The area above ground rests on enormous shaker tables and approximately every 30 min the ground rumbles and causes buildings to “collapse.” During these shows, water will flow from the top of the mountain range into predetermined flood zones and statues, spires and other objects will “break” (built on hinges and retract after a few min).

Right in front of the Volcano is the Atlantean Palace, a meet & greet area for Milo and Kida, an aquarium (complete with tunnel access) and the Research Bay undersea viewing restaurant, themed around the researchers' submarine in Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

The multi-level paths also serve as viewing areas for the nighttime lagoon spectacular which uses the Lighthouse as a backdrop. Atop the Mountain is a Tesla Coil used to cast lightning as Zeus/Jupiter would and as a special effect during the nighttime show.

The very large expansion area in the northwest could be earmarked for the Maya Civilization – as that is not well-represented yet in WDW and the meso-american rainforest would transition easily from the heavily-forested Valhalla.

Entertainment
The Legend of Mythica, recently retired from TDS, would seem an ideal daytime show for the lagoon, although I didn’t include the necessary boat storage/maintenance area in this plan.

Now, I must apologize, because there wasn't much meat to this walk-through of Mythica. This basically served as an overview of what the park would be like (I won't even put up a final attraction roster for this).

But, nonetheless, we've just visited all five theme parks of my renovated Walt Disney World Resort. But don't think for a moment that the fun isn't over yet! We're still gonna do a whole bunch of stuff--from visiting water parks, to checking out what's new at Disney Springs, to riding the monorail and even just kicking back and watching the resort TV loop.

So stay tuned--because more Disney fun is coming your way!

How do you think they're doing so far?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
How do you think they're doing so far?

I honestly think they're doing great so far! I'm really excited to see Disney Springs when it's finally open.
Now, if you remember, in the last post, I told you about how I was going to over the water parks next. Well, I've decided to put that on hold for a while, and go over what I would do for the parks (excluding Mythica) during the holidays. For this post, I'll only focus on three holidays--Valentine's Day, Halloween and Christmas. Why? Because I'd keep the other holiday celebrations exactly as they are now.

Holidays at Walt Disney World

Valentine's Day
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/02/valentines.jpg
The season of love...Valentine's Day is the day for all lovers around the world to celebrate being together and to celebrate the idea of love. Now, in my plans, I was inspired by original "what I would do to improve WDW" trendsetter @stitchcastle to take WDW's Valentine's Day celebrations and bring them up to par with Halloween and Christmas. So, here's what I'd do.

Magic Kingdom

• Celebration of True Love: On Valentine's Day itself, the first and last showings of the day's performances of Remember the Magic will include this special encore. After the curtain call, the Major Domo from Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings will arrive, and invite couples to renew their commitment to each other in a special ceremony. The ceremony features the couples represented in the show (namely Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, Snow White and Prince Florian, Aurora and Phillip, Cinderella and Prince Charming, and Simba and Nala), the other characters and, I think, even the guys who spin the bird-kites as part of the Lion King segment. The ceremony closes with the extremely beautiful song "Season of the Heart", and a shower of rose petals.

• Special Character Greetings: Throughout the park, you'll be able to meet Disney's most beloved couples.
  • Season of the Heart: This was a hard-ticket event that only ran for one night in 2004 under the name This is Love. But, now it has been brought back to delight a new generation. However, unlike the Halloween and Christmas parties, there's actually a story to be told at this party. See, all is not well in the kingdom: someone has stolen Cinderella's coveted glass slippers! Throughout the night, guests can take part in a quest to solve the mystery behind the caper...and hopefully, find the culprit! But, I must say, it won't be easy, because a couple of the classic Disney villains are going to be out and about (i;e the Big Bad Wolf, Cruella, Frollo, Captain Hook and Smee, Jafar, Maleficent, the Queen of Hearts, Queen Grimhilde and Gaston), and they'll try to throw the guests off-guard! But, of course, you can opt out to the quest, and meet up with your favorite Disney characters (particularly the couples) and ride some of the park's most popular attractions. Here's a list of characters you'll be able to meet.
    • Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale at the Town Square Gardens
    • Simba and Nala (using the puppets from Legend of the Lion King and the real-time technology of Turtle Talk) nearby the Swiss Family Treehouse
    • Timon and Rafiki nearby the entrance to Legend of the Lion King
    • Tarzan and Jane/Mowgli and Shanti on the Adventureland Veranda
    • Aladdin and Jasmine at the Adventureland Bazaar
    • Jack Sparrow nearby Pirates of the Caribbean
    • Woody and Bo Peep/Buzz and Jessie nearby the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade
    • Pecos Bill and Slue Foot Sue nearby the Tall Tale Cafe
    • Tiana and Naveen at Liberty Square
    • Peter Pan and Wendy nearby Peter Pan's Flight
    • Quasimodo, Clopin, Esmeralda and Phoebus at the Festival of Fools Stage (the show wouldn't be performed during the party, thus allowing guests to actually step onto the stage to meet the characters)
    • Cinderella and Prince Charming, Rapunzel and Flynn, Anna and Kristoff and Aurora and Phillip at Princess Fairytale Hall
    • Jaq, Gus, Suzy and Perla at the Castle Wall
    • Snow White and Prince Florian nearby Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
    • Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore at Pooh's Greeting Spot
    • Belle and Prince Adam inside Enchanted Tales with Belle (the library area would serve as their meeting place; and Wardrobe would talk to guests via real-time)
    • Ariel and Eric inside Ariel's Grotto
    • Alice, the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit, the March Hare and the Cheshire Cat nearby the Mad Tea Party
    • Lilo, Stitch & Angel in Tomorrowland
Also, at the Fantasyland Courtyard (in front of the Sword in the Stone), the court dancers and their choreographer, Darci, can often be found for meet & greets...and also to allow guests to show off their dancing skills.
dancers01.jpg

dancers02.jpg

dancers03.jpg

dancers04.jpg

darci.jpg
Finally, an hour before the event ends (7 to midnight, just as Halloween and Christmas do), the finale starts up. After the dancers do a couple dances for us, the Fairy Godmother and Major Domo appear to reveal the culprit. The male dancers come out with hearts--each one with a syllable of the thief's name. After a few rounds of shuffling, the hearts reveal "WICKED"..."STEP"..."MOTH"..."ER"...otherwise known as Lady Tremaine! All our Disney friends who were at the party come out on stage, and the Major confesses to Cinderella about the disastrous turn of events. But it doesn't really matter to Cinderella, because to her, the most important thing was that all her friends were here tonight to celebrate true love. Lady Tremaine is brought to justice, Cinderella's slippers are returned, and she thanks the guests for their help in cracking the case. The event ends with the characters celebrating true love with a triumphant reprise of "Season of the Heart", as fireworks explode in the skies above. (All credit to Phillip of Phillip's Disney Photos for the description of the 2004 event, which served as my inspiration for what you just read.) As we leave the park, the Disney couples appear at the Train Station to bid us goodnight, as Cinderella and Prince Charming ride off in their pumpkin carriage.

EPCOT Center
  • Love Around the World: Come visit each of the World Showcase pavilions to see how they celebrate love and Valentine's Day.
Disney's Hollywoodland

• Hollywood Lovin': The Center Stage at Hollywood Boulevard foregoes the traditional Hooray for Hollywood! show in favor of this 1950's Grease-esque show, celebrating the power of love.
  • The Great Movie Ride: On the week of Valentine's Day, the montage at the end of the ride will highlight scenes from some of the greatest romances of all time.
  • Disney Stars and Motor Cars: Also on the week of Valentine's Day, the parade will solely focus on Disney couples.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Jungle Romance: The villages in Africa, Asia, South America, Australia and North America showcase how love is celebrated in their respective continents.
Halloween
empty-main-street-castle-framed-by-pumpkins-M.jpg
Magic Kingdom
  • Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party allows guests to trick-or-treat while immersed in the fantasy of the Magic Kingdom. The evening includes Mickey's Boo-to-You Halloween Parade; trick-or-treating throughout the Magic Kingdom at numerous locations; and the special HalloWishes fireworks. Lots of characters are out in the park, wearing their favorite costumes -- you're encouraged to wear yours too.
  • Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular: Come little children...to the Castle Forecourt Stage, because every night at the Halloween Party, the mischievous Sanderson Sisters from the 1993 cult classic Hocus Pocus return to the mortal world for one night during the Halloween season. With only a few hours to run amuck, the three sisters decide to use their magic to throw the best, evil Halloween party this side of the graveyard! With the help of the Disney villains, Winifred, Mary and Sarah gather together sinister shadows, nefarious nightmares and the power of their frightful friends to conjure the ultimate Hocus Pocus Party Potion and cast a spell on everyone in the Magic Kingdom Park. Aside from the well-known witches, the show also features appearances by Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Maleficent and other great Disney villains, along with dancers, projections and special effects that combine to make this new show a not-to-be-missed Halloween treat.
  • Villain Meet & Greets: Even before the park closes for the Halloween party, you can meet the villains in the parks. For the last 2 weeks in October, some of Disney's classic villains will be out and about to spread Halloween fun throughout the park. Expect to find villains in lands themed around their movies (i;e Jafar in Adventureland, Brer Fox & Brer Bear in Frontierland, Ratcliffe, Facilier and the Sanderson Sisters in Liberty Square, etc.)
  • Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy: Much like Disneyland, this classic Magic Kingdom coaster gets the scare treatment...

EPCOT Center
  • Halloween Around the World: Come visit the World Showcase pavilions to see how each country celebrates Halloween.
Disney's Hollywoodland
  • Villains Unleashed: As you all know, this was a one-time event. Well, in my plans, that one-time thing will become annual. From 8 pm to 1 am, Disney's Hollywoodland comes alive, scattering villains throughout the park, in addition to a variety of live stage acts.
    • Welcoming Show: It all kicks off with a welcome show at Center Stage, hosted by Hades and Megara from Hercules, who introduced many of the evening’s villains They glossed over “Star Wars” characters and failed to bring out Barbossa, Constantine, or Maleficent (who did appear later for the fireworks), but the rest were entertaining as they appeared on stage. With a few “Frozen” jabs and other off-color jokes combined with ever-so-slightly risque dancers, it was a great way to commence a night that was clearly designed with older Disney fans in mind. Throughout the evening, the stage plays host to a dance party with music spun by DJ Igg Nite (DJ Elliot) as well as live music from Bernie Briquette and Brimstone (Mulch, Sweat, and Shears).
    • Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse: Taking place inside the Theater of the Stars, this show subdues the glitz of the Golden Mickeys for the freaky vibe of Tim Burton. The famed bag-of-bugs from The Nightmare Before Christmas starts things off by performing his famous song, after which he introduces a series of sideshow acts, including a sword swallower, daring archers, and fire dancers / eaters. The highly entertaining show was the highlight of the night for some (including me), Plus, this ain't unlike regular Disney fare, because this show features skimpy outfits and some adult jokes.
    • Hollywood Brown Derby Sinister Soiree: Along with unique food offerings, Disney entertained patrons with a lounge singer performing villainous hits, and even some lesser-known villain tunes, like "Last Midnight" from Into the Woods and even "I Won't Say I'm in Love" from Hercules. The atmosphere here is very chic, like being at a club where the villains happen to hang. And indeed they do, as characters roam and sit down with diners to have conversations.

• The Nightmare Before Christmas: A Boo-sical: The Walt Disney Theatre gets transformed into Halloween Town to host an hour-long musical re-telling of Tim Burton's classic film. Except to hear classics like "This is Halloween", "What's This?", "Sally's Song" and even "Kidnap the Sandy Claws". The show will make heavy use of puppetry, in-house effects and crazy lighting.

• Awesome Mix-Tape Dance Party: The theater that hosts Disney Junior will play host to this
          Guardians of the Galaxy
          -inspired dance party. Plus, Star-Lord and Gamora even make appearances to meet up with guests. As to why two good guys from “Guardians of the Galaxy” are here at a villains-themed event, Disney says they were there to recover Peter Quill’s Awesome Mix Tape, which apparently was stolen by the bad guys. But really, they're just there to be awesome.

• "Into the Woods" Meet & Greet: Taking place inside a special building reserved only for special events like this, you'll find yourself inside the woods from the film. There, you'll be able to meet some of the characters from the film--namely the Baker, the Baker's Wife, the Witch, Cinderella, Jack, Little Red Riding Hood, the Wolf and Cinderella's Prince. Why did I include this? Well, since
          Into the Woods
          is a macabre take on fairy-tales, I decided to include these characters in on the Halloween festivities. They'll also make appearances in the Fantasyland Forest for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. And if this meet & greet is a success, they'll become permanent meet & greet characters.

• Villains Meet & Greets:Throughout the park, you'll find a wide assortment of baddies to meet. Some are quite common, and some are extremely rare. Baddies like Dr. Hamsterviel and Gantu from
          Lilo & Stitch
          and Barbossa from Pirates of the Caribbean come out just for the event. Also extremely popular are Constantine from
          Muppets Most Wanted a
          nd Maleficent in her live action Angelina Jolie look-alike form. Though long lines form for these rare characters, many others also roamed freely through the park without official queues, allowing guests to simply stumble across them – a much more “magical” way of meeting and greeting.

• Fantasmic! Dreams of Halloween: Perhaps the crowning jewel of Villains Unleashed is this special edition of Fantasmic! The show will have a wider focus on Halloween-based Disney properties, and even more villains. The show will also be presented the week before Halloween.

• Villainy in the Sky: This is the grand finale for the event. Watch as Maleficent conjures up a mighty storm of fireworks as a fitting end to Villains Unleashed.

Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Haunted Harambe: Some say Disney's current Halloween offerings are a little too...Disney. A little too safe. A little too family friendly. But I want something a little more ominous. A little more terrifying. A little more exciting. And what better way to do it than Haunted Harambe at Disney's Animal Kingdom?
Now that the area is bigger, better and more awesome than ever, it has been playing host to Harambe Nights. But that’s all but over: tickets are all sold out, and the last event is August 9. So why not extend all of that awesomeness into September and October … but with more spookiness?

First, as you walk through The Oasis, you’ll be greeted by Cast Members showing off creepy animals, like tarantulas and vampire bats. Once the party gets started, you can meet them as well as larger animals, like the okapi (ghost of the rain forest) in Harambe proper. Early on, you’ll have an opportunity to get photos with some of DAK’s real ghosts: all of the folks from Camp Minnie-Mickey, dressed in their camp garb, will be wandering about, posing for photos. No lines.

There’ll be music. Dancing. Candy-inspired cocktails. And lots of spooky lighting. Food everywhere, much like during Harambe Nights. And both Expedition Everest (ah-mazingly scary in the dark) and Amazon River Adventure (with extra ghosties and goblins along the riverbanks) will be open.

To give the evening an extra frightful feeling, the walkway between Africa and Asia will be a designated Scare Zone: a devilish DeVine and other ghoulish creatures will haunt the area and interact with guests. The area around the Port (in New Harambe) will also be a Scare Zone, this one featuring the ghosts of lost sailors. Basically, it’ll be a great, adults-only Halloween Party with the Disney touch.
  • Adventurers Club Halloween Jubilee: Now, some adults may not care for Haunted Halloween and more than likely will have a membership at the Adventurers Club. Fear not, because during Haunted Harambe, the Adventurers Club provides a bit of light-heartedness with their Halloween show. Come and join the fun as club president Pamelia Perkins presents her Halloween Spooktacular! Otis discovers Halloween Carols, and the gang battles an evil spirit they accidentally conjure when Emil points out the club charter requires a seance in the Halloween show. The Characters all wear costumes for this show - Pamelia the witch, Cowboy Otis, Vampire Hathaway, and Space Explorer Emil. Other characters will occasionally wear Halloween costumes for the season as well, including Pharaoh Fletcher Hodges, Leopard Samantha and Native American Graves.
Christmas
8243979448_ac38a5df1f.jpg
Magic Kingdom
  • Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: This Christmas celebration is one of the most popular in all of Walt Disney World. On special nights, the Magic Kingdom closes to all but those the event ticket-holders, and from there, a winter wonderland is theirs to explore. Special treats include complimentary cookies and hot cocoa, the amazing Holiday Wishes fireworks display, meet & greets with rare characters and the classic Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.
  • A Holiday Wish: Even before the park closes for the party, guests can witness the Fairy Godmother use her magic to cover Cinderella Castle with icicles. Of course, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto are on hand, as well as Cinderella and Prince Charming. (Yes, this will hopefully be coming back next year. There's enough Frozen stuff as is.)
  • Main Street Snowfall: As night falls and guests exit the park, they'll notice a very special kiss goodnight: snow gently falling on the rooftops and sidewalks of Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Country Bear Christmas Jamboree: That's right--this iconic Christmas jamboree is back! Nothing about it will change.

• Jingle Cruise: Given the success of the Jingle Cruise back in 2013, there's no doubt that it would definitely return. In the queue expect some changes. The fruit crates have been changed to read fruit cakes. The preserves on Albert Awol's stairs have all been changed to have Christmassy decorations and treats inside the jars instead. While the travel ads have been updated to include holiday inspired trips. The crates in the FP+ queue have been wrapped as Christmas presents. Albert Awol's commentary has been changed to be Holiday themed. The final queue change is the overall added Christmas decorations such as hanging tinsel, mistletoe, ornaments, and strings of Christmas lights.

The skippers have donned Santa inspired Jungle hats, as well as Christmas jokes. These are the scenes with Christmas decorations. The docks have been decorated. Then comes the base camp with the gorillas this scene now also has Christmas décor. Next would be the rhino scene where the explorers have dropped their Christmas presents around the place. The crashed plane area has earned some minor festive décor. The final location with décor would be Trader Sam's place.
EPCOT Center
  • The Lights of Winter: Yes, these lights have been officially un-retired, and ready to delight a new generation.
low-1023x818.jpg
  • Candlelight Processional: This perennial EPCOT Center tradition is one that is sure to move even the most miserly people during the holidays. This show uses an orchestra, a huge choir and a celebrity narrator to bring the glory of the Nativity to life.
  • World Showcase Storytellers: At each pavilion in World Showcase, a storyteller, often that country's version of Santa Claus, tells of holiday traditions in that country, and even those that have made their way to every country's Christmas traditions.
  • Joyful! A Gospel Celebration of the Season: Due to the demolition of Fountain of Nations stage, these jubilant singers will re-locate to the American Gardens Theater. But nontheless, this group provides a soulful celebration of Christmas.
  • Holiday IllumiNations: After the main IllumiNations, a special Christmas tag, with narration by Walter Cronkite, is performed, set to "Let There be Peace on Earth".
Disney's Hollywoodland
  • The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights: Pretty much everyone here knows what I'm talking about. At night, New York Street is lit with the late Jennings Osborne's light display, made specifically for his daughter.
  • The Great Movie Ride: During Christmas, the movie montage at the end would be replaced by a new montage highlighting some of the greatest Christmas films of all time: It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol, A Christmas Story, etc.
  • A Christmas Carol: The Musical: In the weeks leading up to Christmas, the Walt Disney Theatre will play host to this show, blending the style of the 2009 Robert Zemeckis movie with the music from The Muppet Christmas Carol.
  • Fantasmic! Dreams of Christmas: Much like Halloween, in the days leading up to Christmas, Fantasmic! will receive a holiday-based makeover.
    • Mickey's Dream/Sorcerer's Apprentice
    • Snowflakes/Christmas Medley
    • Let It Go/Marshmallow Attack
    • Princess Sequence ("I'll Be Home for Christmas")
    • Villain Sequence
    • Finale/Let It Snow
Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Christmas Rhythm: Located in the heart of Harambe, learn how Christmastime is celebrated in Africa, and even take part in some of their customs!
  • Adventurers' Club Christmas
    • Holiday Broadcast: Pamelia tries to bring some Christmas spirit to the club, resulting in a seriously irritated Otis who abandons the show. Memorable moments include Hathaway singing "Home for the Holidays", the Maid performing "Santa Baby", Pamelia's song, "Pretty Little Dolly", and Emil and Pamelia telling the tale of "Dominick the Christmas Donkey." Otis returns to the show, making Pamelia's job easier because, after all, it is Christmas.
    • Christmas Eve Reading: On Christmas Eve just before midnight, the characters would take turns reading passages from "Twas the Night Before Christmas". This was adopted because the club would close early due to the holiday, and there was no performance of the Rhythm Ritual or Hoopla that evening.
  • Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade: The beloved park parade gets a holiday makeover.
But you know, the Adventurers' Club is always up to perform a specialty show, no matter what the holiday.

Given that some attractions for the MK parties will be open and some not, here's what will be open for each of the parties.

Main Street, U.S.A.

• Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Adventureland
  • Legend of the Lion King (Halloween and Christmas only)
  • Swiss Family Treehouse
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
Frontierland
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Splash Mountain (will occasionally be closed for some nights on Valentine's)
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Western River Expedition
Liberty Square
  • The Haunted Mansion
  • Mike Fink Keel Boats
Fantasyland
  • "it's a small world"
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame Festival of Fools (Halloween and Christmas only)
  • Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
  • Princess Fairytale Hall
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle (Christmas only)
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • The Barnstormer
  • Mickey's Big Top Spin
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Bald Mountain
Tomorrowland
  • The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter (Halloween only)
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
  • TRON Lightcycle Power Run
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority
  • Space Mountain
  • If You Had Wings
Now that that's all cleared up, in the next post, we'll finally get to visit the water parks (perfect during the hot summer months like these, don't you think?)

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
I can't wait to see them! I'm one of their biggest fans! =D

So am I!
Alright, guys, I don't mean to interrupt our scheduled tour of my renovated WDW again, but let's just address the elephant in the room: rumors.

From the monstrous makeover DHS will be receiving to the recent announcement of what Shanghai Disneyland will have in store, there's tons going around relating to the fate of WDW. So, with that said, let me give you my spin on these rumors and tell you what would happen in my renovated WDW if they came to fruition.

First, let's discuss this piece of news from : http://*****.com/blog/2015/07/rumor...ctions-to-be-reproduced-for-u-s-disney-parks/

While we already told you about Soarin’ Over the Horizon likely coming to the U.S. Disney Parks soon, several other attractions announced this week for Shanghai Disneyland are heavily rumored to possibly come to the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts somewhere down the line. Here’s the breakdown:

TRON Lightcycle Power Run

The TRON Lightcycle roller coaster was long rumored for the Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland before Shanghai Disneyland was even announced. The financial uncertainty of the franchise following TRON Legacy halted the project, yet it was green-lit for Shanghai. Even though the plug was pulled on TRON 3, chances are the ride in Shanghai is a good indication that the Walt Disney Company isn’t giving up on TRON just yet.

http://i0.wp.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/image143.jpeg?resize=600%2C400

Rumor has it the Magic Kingdom version would occupy the cast member parking lot and former home of the Galaxy Palace Theater, with the outdoor portion wrapping around Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress… if it ever happens…

Sounds interesting, right? Well, in my plans, if that happens, I'd nix the INVASION! ride idea and replace the current TRON attraction with a new version of The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter.

Eye of the Storm – Captain Jack’s Stunt Spectacular

http://i2.wp.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/image21.jpg?resize=500%2C281

We’re almost certain that this Pirates of the Caribbean stunt show will make it into the new, revamped Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The press release even states that the first version of the show will premiere in Shanghai, alluding to clones of the show in Florida, possibly even in California.

Given that the new DHS is rumored to be solely focusing on Pixar and Star Wars, there's no good place to put the show. So, in my plans, I'd build a new stunt show area nearby Pirates of the Caribbean to allow this show to happen.

Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue

Yes, Buzz Lightyear rides already reside in the 2 U.S. Magic Kingdom-style parks, but it seems likely that the technology being used for this new version of the attraction will be implemented at the existing shooter-rides as part of upcoming Tomorrowland overhauls.

Fantasyland Attractions

With new versions of Peter Pan’s Flight and the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh being built for Shanghai, we are expecting significant upgrades for both attractions at Walt Disney World in the next few years.

http://i1.wp.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/image11.jpg?resize=500%2C310

Peter Pan’s Flight at Disneyland has already implemented some new technology as of this month, but we still think more expansive upgrades are coming at the Magic Kingdom.

The Winnie the Pooh dark rides on both coasts are expected to receive a series of upgrades somewhere down the line as well.

Anytime that the rides get upgraded is fine by me.

Star Wars Launch Bay

http://i2.wp.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/CJ7HfB4WUAAdEA9.jpg-large.jpeg?resize=600%2C338

The Star Wars Launch Bay is an experience where guests can interact with exhibits, view Star Wars props and displays, and meet Star Wars characters. This attraction will be the extent of the Star Wars presence in Shanghai, but much more is expected for Hollywood Studios and Disneyland Park.

Rumor has it that the Star Wars Launch Bay will open in the former home of Innoventions at Disneyland before the end of 2015, with Walt Disney World rushing to do the same in one of the empty venues at Hollywood Studios. This will act as a placeholder until the Star Wars lands for each park can be completed in a few years.

Well, this does sound really cool...but it it merely serves as a placeholder, maybe when the Star Wars area at Disney's Hollywood Studios opens, we could move the Launch Bay to an open space in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom...

Now then, let's discuss the expansion for Disney's Hollywood Studios... Here's what @Sam4D23 had to say about it...

So just to get a visual on the DHS situation and our general speculation as to what is happening or what could happen, here's a colored and labeled map I made (note: Earful tower accidentally got erased when I was editing, but I suspect it will be moved to another location because of Pixar):

10hvzbk.png

So basically I'm thinking that Star Wars will go in the area where Star Tours and Indy call home, maybe a little expansion into the area near the road and I suspect that Pixar will take over a nice portion of the backlot. As you can see the Muppet area is in a little flux, but I think it may give way to Star Wars and I would hope that the Muppet's would be moved to the outdoor theater in their own Art Deco themed theater.

For the most part though I believe that DHS will remain open. For one, if rumors that Animation Courtyard will become the site of Bluesky Cellar are to be believed I think that is a dead giveaway that the park will stay open. Secondly I suspect that having all the work going on and keeping the park open could bring some more curious people in to the park, but that has no real concrete evidence. Finally, I think that DHS could survive as a quick park to visit as it will still have three core rides and a show for guests to experience. It may not be much, but Disney will do anything it can to make a buck. To be honest, I wouldn't mind DHS being opened while the renovations are going...more time to enjoy the hat being gone.

Though all of this based on what we have heard up to now and a little bit of my own speculation.

So, since it's clear that the Lights, Motors, Action!/Catastrophe Canyon area is getting removed to make way for Pixar, I'd definitely get rid of the Marvel area (besides, Universal already has the rights to the Marvel characters for Islands of Adventure (except for Guardians of the Galaxy, Big Hero 6, Ant-Man, basically any of the lesser-known Marvel properties).

Like Sam4D23, I also hope the "flux" area will still continue to be the home of the Muppets. Heck, Disney could finally use the opportunity to build the long-fabled Muppet Studios area, complete with Gonzo's Pizzeria Parlor Pandemonium and The Great Muppet Movie Ride.

So, there's my two cents on the matter. I won't properly change my park posts until these rumors officially are announced.

So, next time, I swear the water parks will be up...see ya then!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Disney Water Parks
Take a breath and dive right in to these watery worlds of fun and fantasy as only Disney could dream up. There are only three water parks located here at Walt Disney World, but each provides a wondrous array of slides, surf and sun.

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
200px-TyphoonLagoonWaterParkColor.png

Typhoon Lagoon, which opened on June 1st, 1989 (a month after Disney's Hollywoodland), is a more tropical-based water park. Legend has it that a terrible typhoon caused chaos on a tropical paradise, rendering the entire place seemingly wrecked (that's why there's ships, fishing gear and surfboards strewn about all over the place). But perhaps the greatest tragedy is that it marooned the Miss Tilly shrimp boat atop Mt. Mayday, never to be brought down.

But if there's one thing the good people here are known for, its their sense of optimism. They kept the place open to the public, where this bizarre style was very-well recieved.

To be honest, I really wouldn't do much here. I've seen plenty photos and videos of it, and it seems like a really nice place. But if you have any ideas for ways to improve Typhoon Lagoon, post em here!

Typhoon Lagoon
1) Humunga Kowabunga
2) Storm Slides
3) Gangplank Falls
4) Mayday Falls
5) Keelhaul Falls
6) Forgotten Grotto
7) Overlook Pass
8) Crush 'n' Gusher
9) Surf Pool
10) Shark Reef
11) Ketchakiddie Creek
12) Castaway Creek

Shopping
1) North Pearl
2) Singapore Sal's
3) High 'n' Dry Towels

Dining
1) Leaning Palms
2) Typhoon Tilly's
3) Happy Landings Ice Cream
4) Let's Go Slurpin'
5) Surf Doggies
6) Crush Cart

Disney's Blizzard Beach
200px-Disney%27s_Blizzard_Beach_logo.svg.png

Blizzard Beach, which opened on April Fools Day 1995, is just about a fitting April Fools gag as anything could possibly be: snow in Florida! Ah, but unlike many April Fools gags, there's actually a story behind it.

You see, apparently a snowstorm accidentally hit Orlando, and ever-inspired, the Imagineers built a ski resort. But of course, the snow didn't last long. And just when it seemed all hope was lost, they noticed a blue alligator sliding down the melting mountain. The Imagineers soon discovered the potential the melted ski resort had as a water park, and the rest is history.

Now, again, like Typhoon Lagoon, I'd leave this place alone, too. And just because I can, here's a relic from my childhood days: this clip from an old Disney Sing-Along VHS that I used to watch all the time when I was little. So, let's join the fun, because this party is "hot, hot, hot"!

Blizzard Beach
1) Summit Plummet
2) Teamboat Springs
3) Slush Gusher
4) Downhill Double Dipper
5) Snow Stormers
6) Toboggan Racers
7) Runoff Racers
8) Melt-Away Bay
9) Cross Country Creek
10) Ski Patrol
11) Tike's Peak
12) Chairlift

Shopping
1) Shade Shack
2) Snowless Joe's
3) The Beach Haus

Dining
1) Avalunch
2) Frostbite Freddie's
3) Lottawotta Lodge
4) Polar Pub
5) I.C. Expeditions
6) The Cooling Hut
7) The Warming Hut

Ah, but we're not stopping there. No, because an old favorite is coming back. Prepare to once again return to...

Disney's River Country
Disney%27s_River_Country_%28logo%29.png

River Country, which opened on June 20th, 1976, was a rosy-eyed tribute to the good ol' swimmin' holes of America's past. I would re-open this park to the public, but this time, use regular water-park water (the one with the chlorine inside it). But apart from that, I'd, well, leave it exactly like it is.

Sorry if this wasn't much. Truth be told, I haven't been to the water parks at all. But, again, if any of you out there have any ideas for improving the three water parks of Walt Disney World, post them right here!

Now, in the next post, I'll detail some things about the character meet & greets all around the park...as well as a special character-based event I've recently come up with...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom