A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

Hopefully that building will go away with whatever all this $3B dollars is supposed to go towards and the "Empty Warehouse with some Folding Chairs D-Zone Lounge" will be a short term thing.

Has Martin, lee, 74 or Articos ever steered you wrong? Has this forum ever been wrong in the past 10 years with what is about to happen? Our people have a great track record. No one here is interested in glory, page hits or credit. We're interested in the parks and accurate information.

Have faith. Believe. be patient.

At least 3B. At least.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Has Martin, lee, 74 or Articos ever steered you wrong? Has this forum ever been wrong in the past 10 years with what is about to happen? Our people have a great track record. No one here is interested in glory, page hits or credit. We're interested in the parks and accurate information.

Have faith. Believe. be patient.

At least 3B. At least.
I have faith. I do! Too many people with good track records are confirming this. I'm ready to believe!

Now I just have to spend the next 5-6 years becoming a master data scientist faker, so I can get a job crunching through all that sweet MB data, and get in the door to plop printed copies of my manifesto down on various desks, so that in 10 years when they are ready to do the same and re-build Epcot, I can weasel my way into the project!

BrerJon

I heard rumors that there was a new DHS lounge and it was bad, but that's not even a lounge! That's just moving some benches and trashcans indoors to an abandoned building! Why don't they advertise it with free bubblegum, you just have to scrape it off the floor?

As if Disney would advertise something being free. They'll wait for the Disney Mom's Panel to tell everyone, and then there will be a long line at Guest Relations of disgruntled guests who heard about it online but found they couldn't get into the lounge before all the gum was gone.

BrerJon

Hopefully that building will go away with whatever all this $3B dollars is supposed to go towards and the "Empty Warehouse with some Folding Chairs D-Zone Lounge" will be a short term thing.

Could be worse, had TCM not saved the day then instead of Jack Sparrow it could have gone elsewhere. Imagine if we'd had The Great Movie Lounge.
(called the Movie Lounge because if you buy a Blu-ray from the merch store a Cast Member will stick it on to entertain your kids for a couple of hours).

article-2519271-19E55DEE00000578-594_964x634.jpg

Funmeister

As if Disney would advertise something being free. They'll wait for the Disney Mom's Panel to tell everyone, and then there will be a long line at Guest Relations of disgruntled guests who heard about it online but found they couldn't get into the lounge before all the gum was gone.

I thought the official WDW Mom's Panel was terminated...no? I know they still rely on Mommy bloggers but I thought the WDW version was done?

Cesar R M

Not sure if it is still there but there used to be a wall in one of the classrooms at Disney University that displayed the perfect example of true synergy with the Lion King. There were raised pictures on the well surrounding a centered picture of the Lion King full length animated feature showing all of the different properties and consumer products (Broadway, tv shows, merchandise, etc.) based and inspired by that single film. It was (is) really cool to see how synergy worked before it was batardized as a shameless plug and cross-promotion tool.

Product placement in tv shows and movies does not equal synergy.
didnt someone posted it in another thread?
I remember seeing it as well.

I heard rumors that there was a new DHS lounge and it was bad, but that's not even a lounge! That's just moving some benches and trashcans indoors to an abandoned building! Why don't they advertise it with free bubblegum, you just have to scrape it off the floor?
Like I said in the other thread.. its amazing where they moved the missing benches that were removed from Epcot and MK.

Hell, will they add more removed stuff in that lounge? and name it the "rejected lounge" ?

But they already are spending money in Future World...they're bringing a F&W kiosk into Future World this year!
and a DVC kiosk?

Last edited:

PirateFrank

- the budget is at least $3B with the majority going to DHS. About 10% each to MK/EP. Give or take.

I hate to be harping on the numbers, I guess it's the auditor in me. But 10% for MK and another 10% for Epcot, means 80% of $3B....or $2.4B. If we're going to throw around the $3B number for DHS -- we should probably really call it $2.4B. To me, $600M is a significant difference.

I also have to wonder out loud how much this "$2.4B" will really be $1.something before a single shovel is pushed into the ground.....

Goofyernmost

I'm old, so I can be allowed an old time saying.... "Believe nothing that you read or hear and less then half of what you think you see"! That's a handy little thing to remember and can save a lot of future embarrassment.

NJBrandon

I hate to be harping on the numbers, I guess it's the auditor in me. But 10% for MK and another 10% for Epcot, means 80% of $3B....or $2.4B. If we're going to throw around the $3B number for DHS -- we should probably really call it $2.4B. To me, $600M is a significant difference.

I also have to wonder out loud how much this "$2.4B" will really be $1.something before a single shovel is pushed into the ground.....

Agreed. And certain people that know better keep throwing around $3 Billion for the studios.

And it ain't cheap to knock down buildings either...

PhotoDave219

I hate to be harping on the numbers but.... "At least $3B"....

Amazing how so many people are completely willing to believe a website nobody ever heard of over the long-established, trusted insiders on these forums.

Nubs70

And your sentiment is exactly this because of the auditor and the inherent audistic tendencies. Auditors operate in an ex post environment. The 3B is a number from a project development perspective. Project development is an ex ante environment. The 3B currently is somewhere between 10,000 ft and 500ft level. 3B is certainly not a ground level, set in stone, absolute, all bucket defined and filled number.

Nubs70

Yes, WDW needs to flesh out existing idle real estate to help disperse the existing crowd demand. But when considering the current rate of growth and glacial construction schedules, a fifth gate needs to be started soon to avoid the large crowd cluster-f expanding from a MK problem to a resort wide phenomenon. Although surge pricing may give WDW a short amount of breathing room.
Just to expand on my thoughts,

The current plan for DHS with a little love for EC and MK should be considered a 5-10 year plan. The 5th gate concept is a 10-20 year plan that should be in active planning run concurrently with the 5-10 year plan. This would be strategic planning.

mahnamahna101

Most likely the budget is:
DHS redo (groundbreaking/construction)- $2.25 billion
DHS parking garages/reworked infrastructure/demolition for redo- $750 million
Epcot - $500 million
MK - $500 million

$4 billion for WDW over a 7-10 yr period. Not including Frozenstrom, Soarin' update/3rd theater, TSMM 3rd track, the flex theater, Disney Springs, Pandora, RoL, or the nighttime safari.

I could be way off, but multiple insiders hinting 'at least $3 B' makes me think $3.5-4 billion for the entire resort, $3 billion of $4 billion is still 75% of a gigantic budget. And Epcot/MK do need a little love once AK is done around 2017/2018.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom