Is Stitch's Great Escape REALLY that bad?

pumpkin7

I enjoyed it! I have no problem with it at all, but then I don't remember ever going on Alien Encounter, so maybe if I had, I would agree with others on this board.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Ok you got me there my friend. Let me try to make my point a little better as I made a mess of it there as you rightly pointed out :oops:

Of course it's subjective as to what a person finds as a bad smell, no arguments there and if somebody finds say the smell of delicious candy bad, then to them it's a bad smell end of. I'm however trying to 'average out' what many would consider a 'terrible smell' for those who haven't experienced the chili dog smell on stitch. To read this thread if you hadn't been on the attraction you'd probably think "Man that smell must be absolutely rotten going off the number of comments" and there is no doubt that many don't seem to enjoy the smell as the remarks prove.

What I was unsuccessfully trying to point out is that I believe to 'the average person' the aroma probably isn't quite as bad as the thread portrays (for some it may be as it's subjective). Disney do surveys and if the guests were gagging or throwing up constantly due to the smell then by now they'd almost certainly have stopped using it. Whilst I don't think anyone has claimed to have thrown up due to the smell, the number of posts strongly criticising it would make one think it's at a level of obnoxiousness that I don't believe your 'average guest' would find it to be.

Certainly I've never witnessed anybody on the attraction complain or look sick afterwards and usually there's just laughter or the cry of "Ewwww" at worst following the chili dog burp. Contrast this with people leaving the area in Epcot during F&W where somebody has just vomited looking like they wanted to vomit too such was the stench and you have the disgusting comparison I was trying to get across without explaining in detail. To get some perspective I'd guess if you asked the 'average person' whether the smell of BO or somebody breaking wind smelled worse than the SGE chili dog burp smell, they'd most likely say "Yes".

After rambling on about this for way to long now, the point I'm trying to make is this. It isn't that bad folks, seriously (except to those that it is obviously) :)
You're fun....
*1023*

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I enjoyed it! I have no problem with it at all, but then I don't remember ever going on Alien Encounter, so maybe if I had, I would agree with others on this board.

Alien Encounter is my favorite attraction and I went on it when I was 10 in 1998. Stitch is virtually the same thing except it's not scary and now the whole room smells like burrito farts all the time.

PrincessAnastasia

Definitely not! I actually really like the ride, and it is definitely worth the wait- as a continuous show, and a fairly unpopular ride, the queue is rarely longer than 15 minutes, as you have to wait until the next show starts. It is also quite a cool place to stop, especially during the summer. I know it gets a lot of grief on here, but it is definitely worth doing at least once.

NormC

I suggest you ride it and form your own opinion of it unlike one previous poster that created a whole thread about how bad it is and never even rode it.

Dwarful

I don't consider it a ride, a show you are belted into. The things I don't like are the chili smell....some smells tend to make me feel sick to my stomach and this one gets me every time....but I also don't like the 'harness' pushing down on me. I get a bit claustrophobic and in the dark and the pushing down combo sometimes gets me. But to avoid that problem I tend to 'cheat' the system....I keep my shoulders pushed up so when the harness 'locks down' I have some extra room.

Jon81uk

The confusion is understandable. They should have ditched the restraints for the refurb because they make no thematic or psychological sense now.
The restraints made sense when the attraction was fear-themed, since being trapped in your seat heightened the sense of terror.
Now that the attraction is comedy-based (ostensibly), being trapped in your seat only heightens the sense of annoyance.

To put it another way, the attraction used to be like being locked in a jail cell with a murderer.
Now it's like being stuck in an airplane with an especially badly-behaved child.

The restraints are there for a reason and not to restrain you. When the alien was walking over you, or Stitch is jumping on you in the dark, the restraints press down on your shoulders to simulate the feeling of being jumped on.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I went in to Alien Encounter when I was 16. I was thinking it was some lame Disney show. Yeah, I was totally wrong about that. I was shook the rest of my trip. I went back 15 years later and went in to Stitch to see if it was something else, AND IT WAS. That was a sad show. They should have left Alien Encounter there. It is very bad.

Doug Means

I've never been on it, but from the threads it seems that NO-ONE likes it! :eek: :joyfull:
Can anyone enlighten me as to why it's so awful?

As a side note, I do remember going on Alien Encounter as a child and coming out completely traumatised, though! :hilarious:

my family loves it and will not miss it when we are there

ULPO46

Its a nice attraction I could have sworn it used to be a little darker when it first opened but it's nice especially if you have kids who love stitch and watched the movie. But things come and go and sometime soon after kids forget Lilo and Stitch something else will replace it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I really do wish that they had put stitch in the tiki room instead. That's probably the only parody-attraction AND place where Stitch actually worked pretty well in.. In my opinion. Much better than Iago at least.. and much more entertaining than the original boring version. (Hate me all you must, but how many average theme park guests will actually leave the enchanted tiki room saying "That was AWESOME!")

ULPO46

I really do wish that they had put stitch in the tiki room instead. That's probably the only parody-attraction AND place where Stitch actually worked pretty well in.. In my opinion. Much better than Iago at least.. and much more entertaining than the original boring version. (Hate me all you must, but how many average theme park guests will actually leave the enchanted tiki room saying "That was AWESOME!")

I really liked the under new management version. The original as well as current versions just boring.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I really liked the under new management version. The original as well as current versions just boring.

I did too.. But from a comparison of Tokoy's version to FL's "Under New Management" version... I'd definitely believe that Stitch's version would've been a lot more accepted.

ULPO46

I did too.. But from a comparison of Tokoy's version to FL's "Under New Management" version... I'd definitely believe that Stitch's version would've been a lot more accepted.
I hope they update it soon because it's kind of really boring in todays consumer market. Back when the original tiki room opened in Disneyland everyone was in awe that "birds" could sing and dance in English! But now no one is amused. A stitch version would defiantly make a lot of sense since the Tiki room is Polynesian and Stitch hails from Hawaii.

BrerJon

If I worked in Imagineering I'd get the same people who work to make every President more realistic than the last working on new Tiki birds. We're in the year 2015, we should have birds so realistic people don't even know they're robots. They should be jumping from perch to perch. That's the kind of thing that would refresh the show and draw the crowds.

WDI used to be known for being the inventors of amazing new technology, and Disney is a big enough company to work with many innovating tech startups (see BB-8) that they should be putting all their efforts into wowing us with a modern take on AAs, instead of just expecting us to be impressed when they all work correctly for once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom