Cast Member gives great explanation as to why Selfie Sticks are banned

LdyApxr

I suggest a constitutional amendment making it legal to confiscate them and use them to beat sense into those who take them into the parks or use them in general where other people are present.

Honey, your arm, your friend's arm and the arms of all people standing in line to do(a la AIRPLANE!) that would be so tired and that person would still never have any sense!

Daniel Johnson

I've always gone out of my way to actually take pictures for people, mostly because it seems every picture of my brother and I as young boys is with my mother and void of my father. Now that he is passed, it's something I've noticed more. Why not get everyone in your group in a picture, your all together....and that was my initial take on selfie sticks, no real harm...then we visited magic kingdom, saw a couple, went to hs, saw more, then went to Busch Gardens...they seemed to be everywhere. People were getting bumped with them. People would pull them out in a crowd and look upset that others seemed to be in their selfie shots.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, selfies, though, not my thing, have a place for some people. But, I applaud this cm for explaining it the way she did. In a crowd, someone might catch one to the head and it might hurt...catch one to the head on a ride and you will more than likely bloodied. Bravo for the safety. Thank you. Now, figure out how ipads are dangerous please...they seem to always be blocking my fireworks views

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I predicted this would happen and it did. This entitlement nature we have is so overblown it's a shame. Good for Disney on banning that. If my child would have gotten injured on a ride because of what some idiot thought he was entitled to, AFTER he was told not to have it there it would have been on. Thank you Disney for using common sense in this situation. Let them go elsewhere if they want their beanpole to take photos of themselves.

NonnaT

Does it really matter? Do you subscribe to waiting until some kid gets an eye taken out before they react to it? This is something that needs to be proactive. It doesn't take much of an imagination to see what the potential is and take care of it without anyone needing to be injured to prove that it is possible.
Agreed!!!

Nick Wilde

Interestingly, my experience with the "Rules don't apply to me" attitude is generally foreigners, including selfie stick use. Of course, many will agree that teens are problem but aren't teens "foreigners" also? :)
I've seen more adults using them irresponsibly than teens...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom