Tokyo Disney Resort TR

Greenkai3000

Original Poster
Ok folks. I got back from Tokyo last month and wanted to tell you a bit about my trip to the TDR.

Yes, the Resort is beautiful, and CMs are A-MA-ZING. Many, if not the majority of them, went above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay more than magical.

We spent our first night in Japan at the Miracosta Hotel, and boy were we blown away by the service there! The Front Desk CM was awesome. He told us in perfect English (he lived in Chicago for a year) all about the perks we'd be getting, such as Happy 15 (when you get into the parks 15 mins before opening time), the free 3 day monorail passes, all the amenities waiting for us in the room, park hours, etc.

The next morning, he even was gracious enough to have the bellhop walk with us to show us where the special park gate for hotel guests was, with a complimentary umbrella in hand (it rained for a few mins). It felt like having our very own Concierge!

Day 1 TDS (Thursday after Golden Week was officially over)

We got up way early fearing there was going to be a large crowd left over from Golden Week, but were glad to find out we were going to be about #4 or 5 at the gates!

When the CMs let us into the park , half the people who had run ahead of me did not even head towards American Waterfront. Instead they all decided to veer right towards the lake, to wait for the 1st show at Mediterranean Harbor ???!!! I, the FP runner, was the 1st one to make it to the TSM FP line!!!! I didn't even have to run the rest of the way there since I was the only one going in that direction.

Word of caution to those who do not speak Japanese though... You are walked to the very front of the FP machines, and are told to wait until exactly the time when the park officially opens for everyone else. I mistakenly thought I was allowed to get my FPs as soon as the CM stopped talking, and was able to get them before opening time. This confused every single CM and one of them had to talk to their Supervisor over her radio to find out if I could keep the FPs I had, and wait behind the FP machines until 9am (Opening time that day) Apparentely the CM got the OK to do so, since she looked right at me and smiled, but motioned for me to wait until exactly 9AM. MY BAD!!! Thank you CMs though!!!

Anyway, everything else was a breeze for us since I was able to get us enough FPs to ride most of the attractions we wanted to ride by NOON!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a link to my pics of Day 1.
https://www.facebook.com/Greenkai3000/media_set?set=a.10155575162805613.1073741845.500960612&type=3

To be continued if y'all are insterested.

Last edited:

UnhealthilyObsessed

Wow! I drooled over all 234 photos. What an amazing trip! And great photos! It seemed like you got to do so much and that the park wasn't mobbed; that's fantastic! Tokyo Disney is at the very top of my bucket list.

Can't wait to read and see more. :bookworm:

brb1006

Did you see the T
Ok folks. I got back from Tokyo last month and wanted to tell you a bit about my trip to the TDR.

Yes, the Resort is beautiful, and CMs are A-MA-ZING. Many, if not the majority of them. went above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay more than magical.

We spent our first night in Japan at the Miracosta Hotel, and boy were we blown away by the service there! The Front Desk CM was awesome. He told us in perfect English (he lived in Chicago for a year) all about the perks we'd be getting, such as Happy 15 (when you get into the parks 15 mins before opening time), the free 3 day monorail passes, all the amenities waiting for us in the room, park hours, etc.

The next morning, he even was gracious enough to have the bellhop walk with us to show us where the special park gate for hotel guests was, with a complimentary umbrella in hand (it rained for a few mins). It felt like having our very own Concierge!

Day 1 TDS (Thursday after Golden Week was officially over)

We got up way early fearing there was going to be a large crowd left over from Golden Week, but were glad to find out we were going to be about #4 or 5 at the gates! When the CMs let us into the park , half the people who had run ahead of me did not even head towards American Waterfront. Instead they all decided to veer right towards the lake, to wait for the 1st show at Mediterranean Harbor ???!!! I, the FP runner, was the 1st one to make it to the TSM FP line!!!! I didn't even half to run the rest of the way there since I was the only one going in that direction. Word of caution to those who do not speak Japanese though... You are walked to the very front of the FP machines, and are told to wait until exactly the time when the park officially opens for everyone else. I mistakenly thought I was allowed to get my FPs as soon as the CM stopped talking, and was able to get them before opening time. This confused every single CM and one of them had to talk to their Supervisor over her radio to find out if I could keep the FPs I had, and wait behind the FP machines until 9am (Opening time that day) Apparentely the CM got the OK to do so, since she looked right at me and smiled, but motioned for me to wait until exactly 9AM. MY BAD!!! Thank you CMs though!!! Anyway, everything else was a breeze for us since I was able to get us enough FPs to ride most of the attractions we wanted to ride by NOON!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a link to my pics of Day 1.
https://www.facebook.com/Greenkai3000/media_set?set=a.10155575162805613.1073741845.500960612&type=3

To be continued if y'all are insterested.
Did you see the Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights?

Greenkai3000

Original Poster
I'm not sure why the link won't work for some of you folks :cry: Maybe try again? :D

brb1006 I did see the Electrical Parade the next day we went to TDL. This brings me now to...

Day 2 TDL

Since we had plans to stay at all three TDR hotels during our stay, the CMs back at Miracosta were gracious enough to arrange to have our luggage delivered right to the DL Hotel for our second night at the resort, free of charge!! How awesome is that! This also meant having access to the parks 15 mins before everyone else for the entire 3 days we were there. Every Disneyland Hotel guest gets a piece of paper, or pass, which has all the info for Happy 15 / Early entrance, the time the park is set to open, and where to line up to get in. You are to turn in all of your tickets to the CMs at the security check point. This is how your prove you're a DH guest, and how they do a head count I guess.

The special entrance for DL Hotel guests is literally across from the DL Hotel, right down the middle of the gates, facing the monorail Station for those interested in knowing. Please be advised that people aren't allowed to hop over any of the railings around the areas near the gates. CMs will literally run up to you, and give you an earful if you break the rules. It actually works for hotel guests since it keeps non Disney hotel guests from accidentally (or intentionally) getting in the special entrance queue. If you need to go back to your room, or use the facilities at the Monorail station before the gates open, all you have to do is let the CMs know so. They'll give you your passes back, so you can get back into the special entrance area when you return.

Anyway, we made plans to leave our room about 1 hour before the park was set to open just in case of large crowds, but were glad to find there were only a handful of people waiting to get past security to be led to the special entrance queue. We were 1 or 2 in line, I forget, and we were literally inches away from the gates. SCORE!

Unbeknownst to us, there is a pre-show at DL before hotel guests are let into the park. All the Disney characters come out to the main plaza to greet and wave at guests. Then they go back and position themselves where all the meet and greet spots are, so you can take pics with them. It was so much fun watching all the little kids run up to the gates to say hi to Mickey, Minnie and everyone else. The pre-show is about 5 mins long or so but it felt a bit longer. Not that that was a bad thing at all. It got everyone pumped up and ready for the "running of the bulls."

I, once again, was the FP runner, and first in place at the Monsters Inc FP machines. It was shocking to see everyone run either towards the castle, or to get in the stand by line for Monsters and Pooh. Having created a plan of attack earlier, to get as many fps as possible, worked out great for us though. We were able to grab FPs for Monsters, ride Pooh as a walk on, grab FPs for Space Mountain, and ride Star Tours all within the first hour we were there!!

Side note, Monsters Inc is cool, but Pooh's Hunny Hunt was a whole lot more awesome IMO. Pooh's HH in all honesty should deservedly have a 3 hour wait all day...It is THAT cool. DL and WDW need to upgrade their Pooh rides big time!

We also rode Big Thunder Mountain (which is by far, more superior than its California counterpart), and the Haunted Mansion, but failed to get FPs for Splash Mountain. For some reason, that seemed to be a very popular ride that day. All the FPs for it were gone shortly after noon!

We had lunch at Queen of Hearts, which contrary to what some people may say, was a great dining experience. The line was a bit long, but CMs were quite efficient in serving, and seating guests. The wait time seemed minimal too. And yes, we splurged ourselves and ordered the very delicious Unbirthday Cake. We then rode a couple of more attractions, and then headed back to the hotel for a short break.

Later that afternoon we went back to the park to catch the Easter parade, ride Pooh a couple more times with little to no time, and then it was time for the Magical Electrical parade. All in all, we had a great time.

Here's all the pics I took that day.

https://www.facebook.com/Greenkai3000/media_set?set=a.10155575944070613.1073741846.500960612&type=3

Greenkai3000

Original Poster
TDR Day 3 (Back to TDS)

So after day 2 at DL, we headed over to the Ambassador Hotel for our final night at the TDR. The very gracious CMs had arranged to have our luggage delivered for us before we checked in. Once again, we received passes for Happy 15 / Early Entry for our final day at the parks. Our room was nice, but it felt a bit too small for my taste. To me it looked, and felt a bit like a state room on a ship. Also, the monorail station is a bit far from the hotel. To us, the easiest and quickest way to get to the parks from there , was to take their complimentary Tokyo Disney Resort Cruiser (or as I call it the Disneybus) which was empty both times we rode it.

The next morning, we were shown where the special entrance for hotel guests to get into TDS was. For those of you interested in knowing, both DL and Ambassador Hotel guests have a separate entrance than Miracosta Hotel guests. If you stand in front of the Monorail Station facing TDS, you are to go to the gate that is at the very far left,and line up there. Where as Miracosta Hotel guests have it easier...their entrance is on the far right. Which is located near the Disneybus stop, and main hotel entrance.

Unlike back at DL, you turn in your passes right as you go past security and through the gates. As I recall the CMs wait a bit closer to Happy 15 time, to let people through though.

Surprisingly enough Saturday wasn't a very busy day at TDS either! I was once again the first guest to get to TSM, so the rest of the morning pretty much planned out like the previous two. The only ride that broke down on us was Aquatopia as we were getting ready to get on. Lots of people got stuck on it for a LOOONNG time. They even had to drain the water in the pool to fix the issue. Oh, and I was finally able to find a popcorn stand that had the bucket that I really wanted (Easter 2015) with a decent flavor popcorn in it (caramel), and I didn't have to wait at all to purchase it since the stand I picked had no one in line (The one next to the entrance to Lost River Delta coming from Port Discovery)

Here's some pics of that day...

https://www.facebook.com/Greenkai300...0960612&type=1

brb1006

Apparently Tokyo Disney Resort has alot of rare characters...well it used to sorta. Because I remember back in 2007, Marie from The Aristocats and Clarice from "Two Chips And A Miss" we're exclusive to the resort but later showed up in other Disney parks in recent years.

* Clarice showed up at WDW during an Easter event and was formerly found in Hollywood Studios. She was seen during Disneyland's 58th or 59th Anniversary opening party. She was last seen in DCA's "Dancing With Disney" party held years ago. She's common in Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland.

* Marie was can now be found in all parks. She's common in WDW's Magic Kingdom (Formally Epcot's France Pavilion in World Showcase) while she was only spotted at Disneyland during the "Dancing With Disney" event which has tons of rare characters.

* Miss Bunny from Bambi was also exclusive to Tokyo Disney Resort but later showed up in WDW's Animal Kingdom. But disappeared recently along with Thumper. She's still common in Tokyo Disney.

* Tokyo Disney Resort is also where Bianca and Bernard from The Rescuers movies are currently found along with Disneyland Paris. They used to be found in WDW and Disneyland but vanished sometime in the early 90's after the sequel came out.

Bacon

Apparently Tokyo Disney Resort has alot of rare characters...well it used to sorta. Because I remember back in 2007, Marie from The Aristocats and Clarice from "Two Chips And A Miss" we're exclusive to the resort but later showed up in other Disney parks in recent years.

* Clarice showed up at WDW during an Easter event and was formerly found in Hollywood Studios. She was seen during Disneyland's 58th or 59th Anniversary opening party. She was last seen in DCA's "Dancing With Disney" party held years ago. She's common in Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland.

* Marie was can now be found in all parks. She's common in WDW's Magic Kingdom (Formally Epcot's France Pavilion in World Showcase) while she was only spotted at Disneyland during the "Dancing With Disney" event which has tons of rare characters.

* Miss Bunny from Bambi was also exclusive to Tokyo Disney Resort but later showed up in WDW's Animal Kingdom. But disappeared recently along with Thumper. She's still common in Tokyo Disney.

* Tokyo Disney Resort is also where Bianca and Bernard from The Rescuers movies are currently found along with Disneyland Paris. They used to be found in WDW and Disneyland but vanished sometime in the early 90's after the sequel came out.
Well they just pick and choose who they want

Greenkai3000

Original Poster

I don't remember exactly what all characters I saw, but the only "rare" one I took a pic with was Shellie Mae at American Waterfront (TDS)

Larry Mondello

When I click on the Facebook pages I get this:

This page isn't available
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom