The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I already have stories to tell and pics to show and I've only been here in Israel for two days! But, you all probably want to see the pics first! So, here's some of the beach of the beautiful city I'm staying at called Netanya! I took these yesterday. There's a few more beach pics and pics of the "square" that leads up to the beach. I'll post those in the next message.

View attachment 99281 View attachment 99282 View attachment 99283 View attachment 99284 View attachment 99285 View attachment 99286 View attachment 99287 View attachment 99288
View attachment 99289 View attachment 99290

Wow Amazing! A whole new world for most of us. Thanks for sharing.

The cars in the last photo also caught my attention.

Gabe1

what are those wraps? looks interesting.

They are Polish. They are "gawumpki's", or american translation cabbage rolls. The outer is cooked cabbage leaves and the inside has cooked ground meat, rice a few mild spices and covered in tomato sauce. I don't care for Polish tomato sauce so I make my own Americanized one.
Golumpki+3b.jpg

The other photo is polish smoked sausage. Love them both. So much better than any Irish food my ancestors create.

Last edited:

Gabe1

That popcorn looks awesome. :hungry: :happy:

However, I don't like it when they put salt on chocolate. I could still eat the chocolate treats, but I would cut off the salt on top. :eek:

Everytime I go to Chicago I come home with a gallon package of Garrett's Popcorn. They make it right before you. It is amazing. I never thought I'd like a sprinkle of Sea Salt on Chocolate Caramel either but it really makes the flavors more intense. I love it. Kinda like how salt makes other dishes taste even better. I use to salt everything heavily. I had to give up salt when I was prego with my first kid. I've since then learned to lightly salt.

Gabe1

Wow. They're tricky! I really thought it was actual newspaper they were using! :jawdrop: :p
It is a new business. I wonder if they will stick with that. It is in the town where my son first went to college (until he and I thought he was going to go insane there and transferred) It is a Lake Michigan town. Both of my Sons dorms were on the lake, both within about 50 feet. Nasty nasty in winter. First year I over-nighted hat and gloves along with a scarf. My Dad went up a few days later and went to the outlet mall with him and bought him a warm ski coat. He left home without stuff being the HE MAN of 18 years old. The town area portion that is on Lake Michigan is very eclectic so everyone seems to have a THING.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom